PDA

View Full Version : Honda EG coilover install?

SixSquared
04-18-2006, 09:11 PM
Hey guys.. didn't want to ask this on my home del Sol forum, cause they're a bunch of pricks about questions like this.. hopefully you guys will be nicer.

So I bought a Tein SS coilover setup from a friend of mine, and I would REALLY like to have it installed before my car goes away for bodywork at the end of the month. My question is, I know I'm going to need a torque wrench, which I have... aside from that, are there any "specialty" tools that I'll need aside from a good set of sockets? I want this to go quickly and painlessly, as the coilovers are on my friend's car now, and we're swapping suspensions, so we would be doing the whole thing in one day. So, what kind of tools should I have to do this in the most efficient way?? (no, I don't have an air compressor :( )

yudalicious
04-18-2006, 11:30 PM
you need a guy to work on cars............

jk....a breaker bar

PacoX
04-18-2006, 11:37 PM
1.) A Y chromosome
2.) Beer
3.) PB Blaster

yudalicious
04-18-2006, 11:42 PM
1.) A Y chromosome

that would make her XXY, klinefelter syndrome.... you suck at the biology

PacoX
04-18-2006, 11:43 PM
I meant someone with a Y chromosome. Chinaman fails again at English!

yudalicious
04-18-2006, 11:46 PM
I meant someone with a Y chromosome.

I guess you won't be of any help to her then... hah!

PacoX
04-18-2006, 11:59 PM
Eh, I don't know biology, I'm just basing this on what your mom has told me while I impatiently wait for her to get naked. Chromosome this, X that, Y this, etc. Hell if I know!

SixSquared
04-19-2006, 12:11 AM
Hmmm.... just like I needed a Y chromosome to do my motor swap, build my motor, sand down my car, do my oil changes, polish my valve cover, install my system, and custom wrap my interior???

How about you both STFU, get out of my thread, and hopefully someone with INTELLIGENCE, and not just a penis that he lets think for him, will post.

Dirty Octopus™
04-19-2006, 11:06 AM
Its a Honda so once you have 10mm 12mm 14mm and 17mm sockets youll be good to go! and corresponding wrenches of course :goodjob:

aaronfelipe
04-19-2006, 11:19 AM
Its a Honda so once you have 10mm 12mm 14mm and 17mm sockets youll be good to go! and corresponding wrenches of course :goodjob:
Yep, thats all you need. I can help you get this done. Where are you located?

Dirty Octopus™
04-19-2006, 11:31 AM
Yep, thats all you need. I can help you get this done. Where are you located?

yeah! im down too! i wanna see another del sol! ive only been close to my 2 and Silversol's

speedminded
04-19-2006, 12:57 PM
Don't forget the big ass socket to get the axle nut off ;) Can bring it by my shop if you want...don't have the flu this time! :D

wantboost
04-19-2006, 01:34 PM
Hmmm.... just like I needed a Y chromosome to do my motor swap, build my motor, sand down my car, do my oil changes, polish my valve cover, install my system, and custom wrap my interior???

How about you both STFU, get out of my thread, and hopefully someone with INTELLIGENCE, and not just a penis that he lets think for him, will post.
ur gona want an impactgun especally if you have to do it twice :2cents: (wow what a short fuse)

speedminded
04-19-2006, 01:44 PM
ur gona want an impactgun especally if you have to do it twice :2cents: (wow what a short fuse)impact for what? the lugs nuts? No room for an impact, don't you mean air ratchet? ;)

aaronfelipe
04-19-2006, 01:44 PM
Don't forget the big ass socket to get the axle nut off ;) Can bring it by my shop if you want...don't have the flu this time! :D
why would you need that ?

speedminded
04-19-2006, 01:58 PM
why would you need that ?You're right, i've done smoked myself retarded...wait, i don't smoke...lol. Just pull the bolt out of the spindle and nuts off the top sliding it all out...put the spindle on the new shock and slide it back in (gonna have to tie the brake line to the SS because it doesn't come with a mount). The rear is easier but can sometimes be a pain in the ass if you can't pull it down far enough so you have to disconnect the rear sway. i don't know what i was thinkin with the axle nut :dunno:

aaronfelipe
04-19-2006, 02:00 PM
lol you threw me off there.

wantboost
04-19-2006, 02:22 PM
impact for what? the lugs nuts? No room for an impact, don't you mean air ratchet? ;)of course :lmfao: i got both and used the wrench when i did mine. but then again it wasnt a honda :D

Dirty Octopus™
04-19-2006, 03:14 PM
why would you need that ?

besides to get the axle nut off
i guess just in case she gets frustrated and has to drop the whole assembly without it being in the lower arm as opposed to bearing down on the assembly and taking the shocks out of the fork? might be less time consuming in the long run... i switch up so i have yet to figure out which is an easier method

aaronfelipe
04-19-2006, 03:15 PM
i guess just in case she gets frustrated and has to drop the whole assembly without it being in the lower arm as opposed to bearing down on the assembly and taking the shocks out of the fork? might be less time consuming in the long run... i switch up so i have yet to figure out which is an easier method
I have never done it that method. Never had a problem...

speedminded
04-19-2006, 03:26 PM
i guess just in case she gets frustrated and has to drop the whole assembly without it being in the lower arm as opposed to bearing down on the assembly and taking the shocks out of the fork? might be less time consuming in the long run... i switch up so i have yet to figure out which is an easier methodme too...but sometimes doing other work at the same time that requires pulling the nut off anyways.

aaronfelipe
04-19-2006, 03:28 PM
me too...but sometimes doing other work at the same time that requires pulling the nut off anyways.
Yes. I agree with that.

i4_garage
04-19-2006, 10:04 PM
This is wat u will need

-10 mm
-12 mm
-14 mm
-17 mm
-another 17 mm to get the fork bolts off
-a hammer
-WD 40 maybe
-and that is basically it.......no need for axle bolt to be off
-just unbolt the 14 mm that holds the fork to the shocks in the front and the shocks should just ease out