PDA

View Full Version : Misc 9mm fun

Flip
04-18-2006, 12:57 AM
So I just purchased my first 9mm hand gun. I ended up getting a Springfield XD 9MM. I headed streight to the range with a friend. We fired off 200 rounds of range ammo and I was VERY impressed. It has similar style to a glock but with a few more features. It had been quite a while since I shot but I guess you never forget how to aim. I pretty well for not shooting in so long. From what i can tell, since i'm not a sharp shooter, it was pretty darn accurate. The grip felt awesome. It was not huge like most of the double stacked clips grips are. It also came with a holster, 2 16 round clips, a dual clip holster a clip loading helper, cable lock, brush, and a few other things. Anyone else shoot/collect? If so what you got?

Heres mine:

http://www.springfield-armory.com/images/xd-pistol/XD9101Large.jpg

P.S. Don't fuck with my car ;)

CopyRight
04-18-2006, 07:41 AM
is that a compact? it sure looks small in stature.

from the looks of it, the safety is that tab protruding on the back of the pistol grip?

Looks like a nice gun though. Why do you say it replicates a glock? Just curious. The only gun that replicated a Glock was the Smith and Wesson SV series, and they ended up getting sued so Glock gets a certain percentage of every SV gun sold...so they are making money on someone else's gun.

Flip
04-19-2006, 12:43 AM
is that a compact? it sure looks small in stature.

from the looks of it, the safety is that tab protruding on the back of the pistol grip?

Looks like a nice gun though. Why do you say it replicates a glock? Just curious. The only gun that replicated a Glock was the Smith and Wesson SV series, and they ended up getting sued so Glock gets a certain percentage of every SV gun sold...so they are making money on someone else's gun.

I didn't mean that they literally replicated it, they just used some of the ideas and features from it. I'm not sure exactaly which ones, i just read an article on it. It resembles the glock slightly in appearance as well in my opinion.

When shooting it i don't even notice the saftey on the back of the pistol grip. It's like it's not even there. It is put together so well and all fits together very solid and works smoothly. It has a 4 inch barel. I don't think it's considered compact but it's not a very large gun either. it would be a great gun to cary...

Jaimecbr900
04-19-2006, 09:34 AM
It does replicate a Glock because it has a polymer frame and squared off slide. Springfield makes good guns. This should be no different. It's probably, like a Glock, a very straight pointing gun.

ShooterMcGavin
04-24-2006, 01:03 PM
very nice gun, thought about gettin one myself. i just posted in the eg beater's thread about goin to ed's sometime on canton rd, u should come out since ur prolly close as well.

WickedOne
04-27-2006, 08:40 AM
http://accityhunter.free.fr/glossaire/COP_Derringer357_4_1.jpg.357... not the most accurate long range gun in the world... but it fits in my pocket... would much rather get shot with a 9mm than a 357... you get hit with this... you die...
i want to get a gun the simular style as yours... but i want a 45... or a big bore 50... make sure it has the "bang"

aaronfelipe
04-27-2006, 08:42 AM
So I just purchased my first 9mm hand gun. I ended up getting a Springfield XD 9MM. I headed streight to the range with a friend. We fired off 200 rounds of range ammo and I was VERY impressed. It has similar style to a glock but with a few more features. It had been quite a while since I shot but I guess you never forget how to aim. I pretty well for not shooting in so long. From what i can tell, since i'm not a sharp shooter, it was pretty darn accurate. The grip felt awesome. It was not huge like most of the double stacked clips grips are. It also came with a holster, 2 16 round clips, a dual clip holster a clip loading helper, cable lock, brush, and a few other things. Anyone else shoot/collect? If so what you got?

Heres mine:

P.S. Don't fuck with my car ;)

Yes sir!

WickedOne
04-27-2006, 08:42 AM
picture doesnt give you an idea of how small it auctually is... the total length of the gun is about 5 inches... and it's a 357 magum.. semi auto, holds 4 bullets..