PDA

View Full Version : How Do You feel About The Illigal Immigrant Law?

BORICUACIVICR
04-17-2006, 10:25 PM
Ok, I'm Latino for those of you who havent figured that out yet, how ever I'm from Puerto Rico which is a common wealth of United States, that makes me a US citizen.

The new proposed immigration law will require that all illigal immigrats be deported if they can not proof citizenship. If they get stoped by a police or just randomly checked and can not proof citizenship they can be deported on the spot!

The argument is that they come into this country and take jobs from the "Americans", they don't pay taxes, send the money they make here to their country (Millions), and use the goverment services that tax payer fund such as, Medic aid, food stamps, WIC, ect...

On the other hand this poeple do the type of jobs that must of us would never do, or want to do. Would you like to work at the mall picking up trash and sweeping the floors for $5.50hr? How about landscaping? Construction? Painting? restaurant cook? brick layer? get the picture?

If we deport all illigal immigrant this country will suffer, insted why not issue them a work permite, issue them a temporary social security number so that they can pay taxes like every one else and charge them a fee for the work permite, and use that to fund some type of mediacal assist program for immigrants. Tax them on any monies sent to their country, to make up for the loos of revenue.

This way our houses get built, our lawns keep getting mowed, the mall stays clean and they can stay and make their life in the U.S. Contributing to fund their own goverment funded program with out being a burden to the rest of the country.

I guess the way I see it, is that none of us is really an "American" we all come from ansestors that migrated to this country from their original counrties, to make a better live. I bet that you are glad you live here, in a country full of apportunities and freedom. So who are we to denie someone else the same opportunities and dreams that we all cherish so much? What if they would of denied that opportunity to our parents, grandparent or even great grand parents, where would you be now?

For the most part illigal immigrants are here to better their lives and those of their families, I belive every body should have that opportunity, not just a choosen few.

This is just my opinion, what is yours?

fight club
04-17-2006, 10:39 PM
my opinion?
well first, we do offer this oppportunity to others, but we request they do it legally.
second off, the job comment. those jobs are underpaid because there is illegal immagrants to fill those jobs. those people are being taken advantage of due to the fact they are illegal.
the country will not suffer because we have millions unemployed who will take those jobs once the illegals are gone , because the pay will have to rise. its supply and demand 101. if the only available work force wants a good pay for the job, they have to give it.
lastly, these people are criminals, regardless of their rationale. i know drug dealers who deal because they want a better life than they had for their family, should we then give them a temporary status to deal drugs because they want a better life. and while this is an extreme comparision, its true. right now there are 11 million, around, illegal immegrants working in this country. 11 million people not paying taxes, and using the services regardless. i am all for immagration into america, but make them do it the right way. agian, we dont make acceptions for any other criminal, why should we here?

fight club
04-17-2006, 10:41 PM
oh, and the new law, despite rumors, does not allow cops to deport on the spot. this isnt mother russia. the law is written that if they are arrested and then cannot prove citizenship, which if they are, then the INS must be notified. this is in both the GA and proposed national law because of the rate of which illegals are arrested and released without anything about their citizenship questioned.

EmminoDaGreat
04-17-2006, 10:49 PM
ive done most of the jobs on your list... for cheap...and im not an immigrant i just do what i gotta do to get by

HyPer50
04-18-2006, 12:25 AM
I'm all for the law/bill. And as for them willing to do jobs that "we" won't do? Who said that? There are plenty of legal citizens (including myself) who are willing to do the job... Albiet I won't do it for minimum wage, but I've got no problem doing "dirty work" as long as I'm being paid enough to support a decent living doing it. The reason they are working for minimum wage is cause there is so fucking many of them, and they have no retaliation, so the employers pay them minimum wage... I guarantee you the pay for these jobs will rise the second they lose there cheap work force.

mp5o
04-18-2006, 02:45 AM
I'm all for the law/bill. And as for them willing to do jobs that "we" won't do? Who said that? There are plenty of legal citizens (including myself) who are willing to do the job... Albiet I won't do it for minimum wage, but I've got no problem doing "dirty work" as long as I'm being paid enough to support a decent living doing it. The reason they are working for minimum wage is cause there is so fucking many of them, and they have no retaliation, so the employers pay them minimum wage... I guarantee you the pay for these jobs will rise the second they lose there cheap work force.

Can you guess what else will rise?

{X}Echo419
04-18-2006, 06:49 AM

it won't be unemployment. maybe my homeowners assoiation fees for lawn care :goodjob:

JMagic21824
04-18-2006, 05:37 PM
I'm all for LEGAL immigration. The thing that gets me is all the protests going on as if the people in support of tougher laws are somehow 'evil'. I read a NY Times article where they interviewed a protester and he entered the country illegally 22 years ago, but is now a citizen. He was quoted as saying, "...we just want to obey the laws, pay taxes, and raise our families, then they want to go and make these laws. It's time people knew how we felt." I don't think so, you can't break one huge law in order to follow others. What do you think would happen if I cheated on a test, got caught, and told my professor I did it all in the name of "graduating so I can support the economy and raise a family."? I would get laughed at. So why is it ok in this case? Is it just because 11 million others have broken the rules too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp5o

Probably prices on goods and services, but we'll adjust, the same as when gas prices rise and fall.