PDA

View Full Version : Question About.....

WhiteAccord
04-17-2006, 09:48 PM
the heat shield aruond my catalytic converter...
If I remove it will i lose any horsepower?
Is it a bad thing?
would anyone recommend it?

Wurm
04-17-2006, 10:10 PM
i removed mine when i replaced my cat the new cat didnt have a place to put it back on. You wont lose power with it off

yudalicious
04-18-2006, 12:52 AM
it's there to shield debris from killing your cat, cats are pretty expensive.

CSquared
04-18-2006, 01:05 AM
rip the fucker off... then park on some nice tall dry grass... ha.

On some of my past cars i've had the shield start rattling and usualy i just take a tin sip to it. You won't lose power. In fact, it wont do much of anything. Enjoy.

EDIT: if theres nothing wrong with the shield and you are just asking for bs reasons... there would be no advantage or disadvantage to keeping or getting rid of the shield.

Flip
04-18-2006, 01:17 AM
it's there to shield debris from killing your cat, cats are pretty expensive.

No, thats wrong, it's to keep heat from setting grass on fire, and keep heat out of your car... It SHOULDN'T hurt anything but unless it's rattling or making some other noise theres really no reason to remove it. And no you won't loose power.

Flip
04-18-2006, 01:18 AM
rip the fucker off... then park on some nice tall dry grass... ha.

On some of my past cars i've had the shield start rattling and usualy i just take a tin sip to it. You won't lose power. In fact, it wont do much of anything. Enjoy.

EDIT: if theres nothing wrong with the shield and you are just asking for bs reasons... there would be no advantage or disadvantage to keeping or getting rid of the shield.

Correct. Try parking on green grass too. Come back the next day and it will be dead. :P

HiPSI
04-18-2006, 10:29 AM
Correct. Try parking on green grass too. Come back the next day and it will be dead. :P

park on dry grass and you won't have a car much longer.

Halfwit
04-18-2006, 02:33 PM
weight reduction!!!! lol

3kgtdrvr
04-18-2006, 06:18 PM
haha

yudalicious
04-18-2006, 11:34 PM
No, thats wrong, it's to keep heat from setting grass on fire, and keep heat out of your car... It SHOULDN'T hurt anything but unless it's rattling or making some other noise theres really no reason to remove it. And no you won't loose power.

I have always thought it was there to protect the cat, guess not... green grass = good

CSquared
04-19-2006, 03:00 AM
I have always thought it was there to protect the cat, guess not... green grass = good

Nah dude i like my shit purple. Freaks the fuck out of my neighbors.