PDA

View Full Version : Blue 03 COBRA ...

crafty
04-17-2006, 01:51 PM
I'm looking for the Red GTO and Blue 03 Cobra that was out on Barrett saturday night.. I caught wind of the owners of these cars talking shit... So if anyone knows who this is... Please let him know that i'm calling there punk ass out... $500 to the winner...

WickedOne
04-17-2006, 01:53 PM
doesnt take much to make an 03 cobra run an 11.5...

crafty
04-17-2006, 02:29 PM
Yeah thats true.. But i'm not really worried about it.. but thanks...

crafty
04-17-2006, 02:42 PM
oh and the Cobra has some UGLY FUCKING wheels on it.......

BLk92DA
04-17-2006, 03:21 PM
doesnt take much to make an 03 cobra run an 11.5...

just $25,000+ excluding mods & insurance and you got urself 1 :goodjob:

compare that to a $3,000 car with low insurance that can be up to par for way less :tongue:

JITB
04-17-2006, 03:23 PM
id still take a cobra

WickedOne
04-17-2006, 03:23 PM
just $25,000+ excluding mods & insurance and you got urself 1 :goodjob:

compare that to a $3,000 car with low insurance that can be up to par for way less :tongue:

not sure what you're trying to say here....

is this one of those " for the price of a cobra i could buy a CRX and do this " arguments..?

T.S.
04-17-2006, 03:30 PM
not sure what you're trying to say here....

is this one of those " for the price of a cobra i could buy a CRX and do this " arguments..?

Technically you could do this with a crx. Not a 9 second crx. But I think that you could build a pretty quick street car way cheaper then a 03 cobra. And brand new a cobra is what 45000$ is it really worth that much!?!?!?

Just my :2cents:

JITB
04-17-2006, 03:32 PM
Technically you could do this with a crx. Not a 9 second crx. But I think that you could build a pretty quick street car way cheaper then a 03 cobra. And brand new a cobra is what 45000$ is it really worth that much!?!?!?

Just my :2cents:

youve got a Cobra, thats a all aroudn nice car... and than you have a gutted out fast econobox with no A/C and no power steering.

T.S.
04-17-2006, 03:39 PM
Im never said CObra's werent nice cars. Im just saying that for the price tag of a cobra you could have a couple cars and stomp the shit out of it! :jerkit:

JITB
04-17-2006, 03:42 PM
dont know man u find a what used cobra for about 20-25k, not many cars that would STOMP THE SHIT out of it in stock trim at that price range.

WickedOne
04-17-2006, 03:47 PM
Im never said CObra's werent nice cars. Im just saying that for the price tag of a cobra you could have a couple cars and stomp the shit out of it! :jerkit:

well.... by this analogy... nobody would drive ferraris vipers cobras corvettes or porsches...

people want what they want.... i hate to argu cost of vehicles... unless comparing a new car to a new car....

you cant compare value between a 2003 cobra and a 1991 CRX.... unless you want to take the time to look at the 1991 crx's initial price... then factor in how in the economy has changed between 1991 and 2003... then come up with a value for a CRX had it of been made in 2003... then compare the 2 values...

or..... you can stop making excuses for the cheaper car..:goodjob:

WickedOne
04-17-2006, 03:49 PM
besides... let's keep this too the point so this thread doesnt get jacked aswell....

random blue 03 cobra with ugly ass wheels.... if you're out there... Crafty wants a piece!

T.S.
04-17-2006, 03:55 PM
well.... by this analogy... nobody would drive ferraris vipers cobras corvettes or porsches...

people want what they want.... i hate to argu cost of vehicles... unless comparing a new car to a new car....

you cant compare value between a 2003 cobra and a 1991 CRX.... unless you want to take the time to look at the 1991 crx's initial price... the factor in how in the economy has changed between 1991 and 2003... then come up with a value for a CRX had it of been made in 2003... then compare the 2 values...

or..... you can stop making excuses for the cheaper car..:goodjob:

I agree with what ur both saying but the statement from BLk92DA was not the question of beauty at all. I drive a 99 mustang, and happen to love mustangs. But what came out of his mouth would technically be true. You could take a stock cobra and the 25k$ you put into it. Buying it. And then take a 1991 crx (not even in the same caliber of car really) and build the shit out of it for 22k you should have a 9 second crx on your hands for that kind of money.

And thats my :2cents:

JITB
04-17-2006, 03:58 PM
I agree with what ur both saying but the statement from BLk92DA was not the question of beauty at all. I drive a 99 mustang, and happen to love mustangs. But what came out of his mouth would technically be true. You could take a stock cobra and the 25k$ you put into it. Buying it. And then take a 1991 crx (not even in the same caliber of car really) and build the shit out of it for 22k you should have a 9 second crx on your hands for that kind of money.

and u will still have a gutted out fast econobox with no A/C and no power steering. :bigok:, with 22k u could run 9's in any old econobox

WickedOne
04-17-2006, 04:01 PM

i'm not saying this isnt true... it's just not a fair argument...

when the cobra is more than a decade old.. and it's value is depriciated... compare it to whatever new sports car happens to be on the market then.

for $20k... i could easily build a fox mustang that would out run a ferrari enzo.... it's a mute point... it's true... but it's pointless....

i understand getting the most for your $... but there's one thing a 06 vehicle can do that a 1991 CRX can NEVER do....

A:... be NEW!

my :2cents:

slowhawk01
04-17-2006, 06:11 PM
I know the ones your talking about craft they were chasing luv2spd car all night. That cobras clean now because it got one hell of a waxing. The GTO was just a joke. I got the vids if you want to see them.

crafty
04-17-2006, 06:40 PM
I know the ones your talking about craft they were chasing luv2spd car all night. That cobras clean now because it got one hell of a waxing. The GTO was just a joke. I got the vids if you want to see them.

i'll be over there tonight to watch it.. give me a call when you get home...

On_Her_Face
04-17-2006, 07:02 PM
hers my :2cents: about an '03 cobra from experience.. umm used and 45k miles on a mustang = shit

dont get me wrong i love mustangs but people with cobras drive the piss out of them.. my dad's wasnt driven like that cause he drives slow on the road but doesnt seem like the motor last very long.. great car though for first 30k miles

WickedOne
04-17-2006, 08:59 PM
anything that isnt taken care of is going to go to shit....

but agreed... as a mustang owner... they require a special ammount of maintenance that some other cars dont.

but then again.... with just about anything... you increase the performance.. and you lose reliability...

there's a lot of cars that are mechanical nightmares... but people still enjoy them.... 300zx... anything rotary... mustangs.. and certainly camaros... even corvettes are lemons for reliability.....

BigPoppaHurtm
04-17-2006, 09:07 PM
Hate to jack the thread but... Its all about what weapon you want to go into battle with. I would personally get a '91 crx and make it a 9sec car simply to get into it with unsuspecting domestics and show them how slow a 12 sec 'maro/'bird/'stang is compared to a civic. All they would see is a stockish civic making popping and swooshing sounds fly away :D Just my :2cents:

fight club
04-17-2006, 09:33 PM
you cant compare a cobra, which is a sports namesake, to a crx with 22k dumped in it. you just cant. people prefer cobras, corvettes etc for the name sake. there will always be something faster and the arguement of oh u could do this with the money is useless for this reason. for the 200,000 you could get a ferrarri for, you could build a street machine and be as fast or faster. but when it all comes down to it, its not a ferrarri.

benwaballs
04-17-2006, 10:01 PM
anything that isnt taken care of is going to go to shit....

but agreed... as a mustang owner... they require a special ammount of maintenance that some other cars dont.

but then again.... with just about anything... you increase the performance.. and you lose reliability...

there's a lot of cars that are mechanical nightmares... but people still enjoy them.... 300zx... anything rotary... mustangs.. and certainly camaros... even corvettes are lemons for reliability.....

you forgot VW's ;)

Speedm0(\)key
04-17-2006, 10:14 PM
you forgot VW's ;)

LOL

WickedOne
04-17-2006, 11:28 PM
Hate to jack the thread but... Its all about what weapon you want to go into battle with. I would personally get a '91 crx and make it a 9sec car simply to get into it with unsuspecting domestics and show them how slow a 12 sec 'maro/'bird/'stang is compared to a civic. All they would see is a stockish civic making popping and swooshing sounds fly away :D Just my :2cents:

the reason this doesnt matter....

is because the mustang camaro viper or corvette owner... could own 15 civics if they wanted to.....

chosing a car is about picking a platform based on its potential... although most of us will never reach the full potential of our platform.. we're part of a fraternity of auto enthusiast that take pride in the elite representatives of our auto make....

the fastest street car in the world is a mustang......
ford has won the lemans more than any other manufacturer...
ford has won rally more than any other manufacturer...
ford has won formula 1 championships....

there's no history in a civic....