PDA

View Full Version : anyone selling their GM Stock?

accented
04-14-2006, 12:34 PM
so what does everyone think? will they go bankrupt in 5 years?

do you think that GMAC will continue to funnel 2.8 billion dollars, per year, into their vehicle venture?

This GM business is causing quite a stir, lots of fluctuations in the financial market just due to GM/GMAC.

Cool Cat GTR
04-14-2006, 02:52 PM
I've never been a big believer in Detroit so I never bought stock in GM, Ford, or Chrysler. Seems that large cap stocks were once the retirement nest egg for folks now in their 60's and 70's. Bet they are disappointed. I still feel more comfortable with small growth stocks. Risk is higher but so are the returns.

It may take a few years but GM and Ford will never recover. It's all a matter of time. Poor build quality, nothing innovative about their products and their corporate culture will doom them for sure. And to think the late sixties were their best times. So very, very sad.

accented
04-14-2006, 04:33 PM
Seems that large cap stocks were once the retirement nest egg for folks now in their 60's and 70's. Bet they are disappointed.

i bet they arent, in comparison to what it was worth when they bought it versus what it is worth now, what with splitting and inflation.

HyPer50
04-14-2006, 05:10 PM
The "revolution" and ending the F-body line was the end of the line for GM. Very stupid move... the only car the entire GM corporation sells thats worth a damn at the moment is the Vette... Thats it.

Danny
04-17-2006, 10:16 PM
sell that crap and then short the heck outa the stock :D if u think its gonna tank that is... sorry, i am no help here.... dont watch the big boards much... But i will agree... GM is not all that great, Vette is the best thing it has goin....