PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Failed Emissions

Firefightin_tC
04-14-2006, 11:16 AM
Well, I went to get my Emission check and of course after installing a Short Ram Intake I failed.

Duh.

Anyway, I'm looking at the report right now and is says this:

On-Board Diagnostic Codes Read- 1

P0100 - Mass or Volume Air Flor Circuit Malfunction

The chick who did it, said that there was a problem with my intake (No shit.) hence why the light was on. She advised me that I go somewhere, preferably Nissan to get it check and fixed. I've heard about guys getting the CEL when they install a intake because not everything is getting plugged into where it belongs.

So my question is, if I go and simply get the code on the computer overwritten will it still pass emissions as if nothing is wrong at all?

EmminoDaGreat
04-14-2006, 11:21 AM
if you clear the code and try to do an emissions it wont let us test it.... it will fail because your car has to go through a drive cycle to get the computer back to testing everything again...so if you clear it... drive the hell out of it... if it doesnt come back your good... thats y obd2 sucks you cant cheat...95 and old ftw...

Firefightin_tC
04-14-2006, 11:34 AM
Damnit, so I'm pretty going to have to suck it up and take somewhere to get it fixed, huh?

IntegraXTR
04-14-2006, 11:37 AM
this is correct, obd-2 sucks because if you clear it you must drive 100 miles before the car is in "ready." But there are ways around this....

Firefightin_tC
04-14-2006, 11:39 AM
Yeah, she told me that I would need to drive it around for a week or two for it to clear before I can take it back to get it tested again. But what are these 'ways around it' that you speak of?

IntegraXTR
04-14-2006, 12:09 PM
gotta find someone that can do it, 9 out of 10 times they will get red flagged for doing it but there is that "1" that can.

Firefightin_tC
04-14-2006, 01:26 PM
Meh, those odds aren't looking very good in my favor. It's probably my best be to find someone to check it and see what's going on and fix it for a reasonable price....any takers?

iNsTuN nOoDoH
04-17-2006, 10:55 PM
Readiness codes can still be passed if you drive it about 10 miles without throwing a code.

EmminoDaGreat
04-17-2006, 10:58 PM
/\ wrong... some hondas are like that... but most are about 50-75mile drivin....and as far as "the way to make it go", i know how, but the fact that everything is read off the comp makes it mighty troublesome....

EmminoDaGreat
04-17-2006, 10:59 PM
go get emissions certified, its free class, they give you your shit,test etc.. 130 questions and they pay good. but they will hand you your ass if you get caught "disobeying" the GCAF