PDA

View Full Version : Misc Is killing another man ok in your religion?

4dmin
04-14-2006, 10:55 AM
Is killing another man ok in your religion?

Killer
04-14-2006, 10:56 AM
murder is a sin... in the christian religion that is...

but i think there is a difference in murder, and self defense, or war...

Mpatient
04-14-2006, 11:00 AM
YES

depending on circumstances of course.

metalman
04-14-2006, 11:04 AM
If you love God, you shall do no murder.

Interesting subject. I have friends and relatives who served in WWII, and refused to carry weapons (or kill) as a matter of concience. Yet they did serve. One family friend was killed in that service as a field medic.

Georgiaman
04-14-2006, 11:32 AM
idk that is pretty interesting....hummm has to be scripture on it. Because even the Isrities killed people in battle in the days of moses and they were Gods choosen people

metalman
04-14-2006, 11:40 AM
idk that is pretty interesting....hummm has to be scripture on it. Because even the Isrities killed people in battle in the days of moses and they were Gods choosen people

Yes they did. One major key difference.
ANY and EVERY life and death question was put to God through the high priest. That priest wore a breast plate of precious stones. They were illuminated with the answer directly from God. Gods audable voice was heard at times as well.
A theocracy directly under Gods direction was the system of government.
God also used prophets (unlike Benny Hinn ;) ) to communicate His will.
All matters of life and death were directed by the only perfect Judge.

At times, Jericho for example, God himself did the work. The humans were only instruments following His word by faith.

That system is not part of American government.

Georgiaman
04-14-2006, 11:49 AM
Doesnt it also say in the bible about protecting your family and things.............................Maybe theres a loop hole but i dont think it can be out of hate or revenge so Metal man whatya say bro lol

Hulud
04-14-2006, 12:04 PM
and the crusades were not about killing :rolleyes:

Doesnt it also say in the bible about protecting your family and things.............................Maybe theres a loop hole but i dont think it can be out of hate or revenge so Metal man whatya say bro lol
isnt finding a loophole deceiving god?

Georgiaman
04-14-2006, 12:06 PM
well i was only kidden its was kinda metaphorical but i guess it is but nah man the crusades where not God it was def mislead Christians

Hulud
04-14-2006, 12:08 PM
well i was only kidden its was kinda metaphorical
gotcha

and coherent sentences wouldnt hurt

Georgiaman
04-14-2006, 12:11 PM
Haha i guess it is all that aim chatting i do

Hulud
04-14-2006, 12:21 PM
Haha i guess it is all that aim chatting i do
hahaha nice

babowc
04-14-2006, 12:46 PM
i dont think any religion accepts murder for any reason.
for what i know, christians...
thou shalt not murder
forgive seventy seven times
turn the left cheek (or right?)

i really do not think any REAL religion accepts any kind of killing...

4dmin
04-14-2006, 05:11 PM
OK SO WE ALL AGREE IT IS WRONG, IT IS A SIN...

HOW CAN YOU SUPPORT THE WAR, BE IN THE ARMED FORCES KILLING OTHER CREATIONS FROM YOUR CREATOR AND THEN FEEL NO GUILT? I HAD SOMEONE TRY TO EXPLAIN TO ME BEFORE THAT WAR IS OK B/C YOU ARE FIGHTING FOR GOD... OK, PLEASE EXPLAIN IF YOU THINK ITS FINE, AND PLEASE STATE YOUR REFERENCES WHY YOU THINK THIS...

THIS TO ME IS ONE OF THOSE TOPICS THAT IS PLAINLY SPELLED OUT BUT PEOPLE TRY TO USE OTHER SCRIPTURES AS "LOOP HOLES" TO SUIT THEIR OWN NEEDS... *COUGH COUGH* BUSH.

babowc
04-14-2006, 05:20 PM
many people take matters into their own hands, because they believe if something isnt done by themselves (even the christians), it wont happen.

i dont support the war.
I'm not agaisnt it, but im agaisnt it hurting the economy as a whole.
It was MUCH better for the average folk when clinton was around, of course this doesnt matter in a religion sub forum.

Noone fights for God, why would ANY sort of "God" want his, her, their worshippers to fight for them, unless its a cult?

Bush stating hes a christian is bullshit. If he was a true christian, he wouldnt point fingers at something he probably doesnt know jack shit about.
(i know im being hypocritical rightnow)

"LOOP HOLES" are, as Hulud said, decieving God.

4dmin
04-14-2006, 05:35 PM
^ good post +20

babowc
04-14-2006, 05:36 PM
yay.. my bad rep is going down.. slowly.

The Yousef
04-14-2006, 06:15 PM
...kill whitey

babowc
04-14-2006, 07:55 PM
NEVVVARRR ^:confused: :eye: :confused: ^

biblethumper
05-26-2006, 02:47 PM
There is scripture about murder. it is about a man who kills another mans sister. the murder is told to go into the safe place and stay, that way the brother of the girl he killed could not seek revenge. but the murder was told that if he stepped outside the walls that the brother had a right to murder him.

smk417
07-01-2006, 10:05 PM
basically when the bible says not to kill it mean dont kill with out reason. like gta style. if u have a good reason your in the clear with God as far as i understand it

Romeyo07
07-03-2006, 02:03 PM
Bush stating hes a christian is bullshit. If he was a true christian, he wouldnt point fingers at something he probably doesnt know jack shit about.
(i know im being hypocritical rightnow)

Anyone can be a Christian...but there's a difference between one who knows Christ and chooses to follow His way and one who knows Christ and chooses to follow their own way.

StupidBikerBoy
07-03-2006, 05:59 PM
Doesn't the Koran say to kill the infidels?:gay:

ahmonrah
07-04-2006, 03:31 AM
my personal beliefs are not tied to religion, but i believe that to take a life to protect your own is perfectly ok, i am not a violent person, but i do carry a gun, and if i'm left alone, i'm cool. but after being face to face with the wrong end of a gun tweece, when i was getting off the bus stop after work, and when i was at work, both before i was 19yrs old, i'm not leaving my safety and well being up to another mans indescretion. that's a foolish notion.

b18hb
07-04-2006, 06:58 AM
murder defined is to kill unlawfully, which means that killing in self defense, defense of your family or estate, and in war is not considered to be murder. i don't know if the bible says anything about not killing all together, but if it does not, than it seems to me that it is ok.

b@d @pple
07-04-2006, 09:44 AM
i dont care who you are....if you fuck with my family..ima gonna kill you..."god" does not live my life ,i do ..

Kevykev
07-04-2006, 10:06 AM
OK SO WE ALL AGREE IT IS WRONG, IT IS A SIN...

HOW CAN YOU SUPPORT THE WAR,

I knew this was a two-part question, nicely done!!!

speedminded
07-04-2006, 11:13 AM
Am I wrong by mentioning Ecclesiastes 3? Hope you don't mind the NIV, it was the first quote i found. Of course being the bible it can be interpreted 1,000,000,000,000 differant ways....

A Time for Everything

1 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:

2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,

3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,

4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,

5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

6 a time to search and a time to give up,