PDA

View Full Version : high HP guys (230whp+)

ATK_Designs
04-14-2006, 12:42 AM
What muffler do you use with your custom exhaust system?

I'm looking for one that's not loud and rasping. I'd want something that sound low and rumble.

What do you suggest? Also, please post your setup if possible.

Thanks

PSINXS
04-14-2006, 12:44 AM
turbo or all motor? what size motor? what motor? sounds depends on the size n type of motor the exhaust is put on and if all motor or turbo. u left out too many parameters

Dragonfly5338
04-14-2006, 01:00 AM
230 whp is high horsepower?

Ludester
04-14-2006, 01:03 AM
230whp then he is talkin N/A.....

fight club
04-14-2006, 01:07 AM
or he doesnt know what hes talkin bout. either way, more details are neccessary, a good sounding exhaust thats deep on a 400hp wrx would sound like shit on a 2.0ls/vtech with ITBs.

aaronfelipe
04-14-2006, 03:12 AM
greddy?

ATK_Designs
04-14-2006, 07:24 AM
I'll make it more clear this time :)

I have a G35C. 3.5L V6 with bolt-ons. OEM Spec: 280hp. With Bolt-ons, I estimated to around 240+whp.

Doing 2.5" true dual header back (2.5" piping per 3cyl).

This setup is to be future proof for FI (~400whp MAX). So 2.5" per pipe should be efficient. I've seen peole making around the same power on similar setup or worse (Stillen y-pipe) which is smaller piping size.

SPOOLIN
04-14-2006, 07:36 AM
turbo dave over at mainstream makes x pipe setups and exhausts for 350z's and g35 all the time

ATK_Designs
04-14-2006, 09:05 AM
turbo dave over at mainstream makes x pipe setups and exhausts for 350z's and g35 all the time

Thanks, but I don't want those X or Y piping. I'm looking to do True dual.

DinanM3atl
04-14-2006, 09:23 AM
Thanks, but I don't want those X or Y piping. I'm looking to do True dual.

well the x pipe will keep the "true duals" but it will balance out the exhaust, make it sound better and prodice more power... so better setup

Should have asked us when we were on the phone discussing the exhaust. I would reccommend a NICE NICE NICE borla XR-1 race muffler... two of them
it will sound NOICE

ATK_Designs
04-14-2006, 09:26 AM
well the x pipe will keep the "true duals" but it will balance out the exhaust, make it sound better and prodice more power... so better setup

Should have asked us when we were on the phone discussing the exhaust. I would reccommend a NICE NICE NICE borla XR-1 race muffler... two of them
it will sound NOICE

I did asked, may be not you but the other guy, Thomas??? He said that he'll look into it for me :)

DinanM3atl
04-14-2006, 10:07 AM
I did asked, may be not you but the other guy, Thomas??? He said that he'll look into it for me :)

alright we r looking

ECMgarrett
04-14-2006, 10:11 AM
230whp is highhorsepower? YES! this made my day, i might be highHP!

EP3sAreFun
04-14-2006, 10:32 AM
230whp is highhorsepower? YES! this made my day, i might be highHP!
haha i was thinking the same thing.

ATK_Designs
04-14-2006, 10:42 AM
Seriously, I wish people can read a lil bit more. Okay, if you don't really understand what I asked, let me break it down to a simplier version:

As far as I recall, I did put the + sign, that mean it can be up to ANY power level. That's to ask for those with higher power, not stating that my power is high.

Why? It's because this setup is to be future proof later this year when I go for FI. I don't count 230whp is high at all. I thought I made it clear? I was making this thread in general so i can get variety of feedback. So one guy with 250whp may say that muffler A is good for him, while another one with 400whp says that muffler B is good.

What muffler do you use with your custom exhaust system?
This is more like a general statistical report. This questions is about YOU, not ME.

I'm looking for one that's not loud and rasping. I'd want something that sound low and rumble.
This is my statement, NOT a question. Just to give the reader an idea of what I'm looking into.

What do you suggest? Also, please post your setup if possible.

Thanks
This is where I'm at fault for not stating thing clearly. I've steered the readers wrong, causing confusion. That's why I clearly state the reason, purpose, etc. on my next post.

I'll make it more clear this time :)

I have a G35C. 3.5L V6 with bolt-ons. OEM Spec: 280hp. With Bolt-ons, I estimated to around 240+whp.

Doing 2.5" true dual header back (2.5" piping per 3cyl).

This setup is to be future proof for FI (~400whp MAX). So 2.5" per pipe should be efficient. I've seen peole making around the same power on similar setup or worse (Stillen y-pipe) which is smaller piping size.

There you go. Afterall, I hope that would clear things up better. And I thought it did too since SPOOLIN and DinanM3atl seems to understand what I said very well. They gave me good responses.

So hopefully, after breaking it down, a few of you can actually read it and trying to understand it, not just reading couple letters and assume that you know it all.

To those that actually cared and read through all my post. Thank you very much for your help. :) Keep it comming guys.

Thanks.

IntegraXTR
04-14-2006, 11:16 AM
or he doesnt know what hes talkin bout. either way, more details are neccessary, a good sounding exhaust thats deep on a 400hp wrx would sound like shit on a 2.0ls/vtech with ITBs.

its vtec

DinanM3atl
04-14-2006, 12:01 PM
its vtec

no its

VANOS