PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Reliable engine and/or transmission for my EG

EJ1
04-12-2006, 10:32 PM
I'm looking to put a an engine and transmission (I can't call it a swap because I have most of the parts to do a swap with) into my daily hatch because it has too many miles on the drivetrain and I'm scared to drive it anywhere out of state because it left me beside the road on Thanksgiving day. :mad: It runs fine now but I just don't trust the drivetrain anymore.

Anyways, if anyone has or knows of anyone that has an engine and/or transmission for sale, let me know. I want something other than what I have now, which is a D15B7. I would prefer a B18B1 or SOHC VTEC plus hydraulic transmission. I need them both with low to average miles, nothing more than 100K, and with absolutly no history of problems; in other words, if there was something wrong with them (engine and/or transmission) at some point in time, I don't want them. I'm not looking for something high performance, just something thats dependable and with more power than whats in it now. I'm not in any rush being that I do have two cars right now, I just need something sooner than later (and also while I still have all my tax return money :D ).

Show me what you got...

vision-of-division
04-15-2006, 01:36 AM
got a d16z6 sohc vtec. obd1. new clutch assembly with less than 500 miles on it. the motor has around 85k. ran great in the hatch but got a swap. lemme know how much your looking to spend.

tattoodlude
04-16-2006, 04:52 PM
b18b1

I have one that you can get for 450 come and drive the car......
let me know..

devin