PDA

View Full Version : Paint(possibly someone from Sprayglo or someone can answer)

B16a2 Civic
04-12-2006, 12:36 PM
when you get ya car painted, its primered and sanded and paint is applied, how long will it be before teh car is ready to be driven again?
only reason i ask is cuz this paintshop has had my car since last wensday and they just now primered and sanded it today and said it will be painted first thing in the mornin

honest answer, how much longer am i lookin at?

dereksi
04-12-2006, 12:38 PM
6 months. sorry homie

B16a2 Civic
04-12-2006, 12:41 PM
< sends derek SARS in the mail>
need a real answer

fight club
04-12-2006, 01:01 PM
a few days if it was truely painted that mornging. they will paint it, bake it. and then,. barring no runs or other problems sand it and finish it up and send it on to you.

B16a2 Civic
04-12-2006, 01:02 PM
thats what i expected to hear....

B16a2 Civic
04-12-2006, 02:53 PM
anymore insight on the matter?

Repost Squintz
04-12-2006, 03:08 PM
what color you painting it?

Bishop
04-12-2006, 03:09 PM
anymore insight on the matter?
yeah...after they finish they will have to wetsand out the runs and depending on how good they are/what you paid they will wetsand out orangepeel and trash then rubbing compund, polish, wax and you will be good to go.

B16a2 Civic
04-12-2006, 03:15 PM
yeah...after they finish they will have to wetsand out the runs and depending on how good they are/what you paid they will wetsand out orangepeel and trash then rubbing compund, polish, wax and you will be good to go.

so if they start on teh job in the morin ( thursday) i could get it back friday
oh and i got a urethane paintjob package( the best package they had with 4 yr warranty), all together about over 1k

Bishop
04-12-2006, 03:25 PM
so if they start on teh job in the morin ( thursday) i could get it back friday
oh and i got a urethane paintjob package( the best package they had with 4 yr warranty), all together about over 1k
well you really need to ask what all they will do after paint. Cause wetsanding the clear can take a while. If they are actually going to paint it tomorrow morning...they could probably start wet sanding later that afternoon and possibly have it finished that night but i doubt it. You'd probably be looking at getting it back friday evening or saturday depending on how much wetsanding they are doing and if they are working on other cars at the same time. Did you ask them when it would be done? Also it depends on what they took off...like if they are painted jams then the doors have to go back on and aligned...

B16a2 Civic
04-12-2006, 03:28 PM
well you really need to ask what all they will do after paint. Cause wetsanding the clear can take a while. If they are actually going to paint it tomorrow morning...they could probably start wet sanding later that afternoon and possibly have it finished that night but i doubt it. You'd probably be looking at getting it back friday evening or saturday depending on how much wetsanding they are doing and if they are working on other cars at the same time. Did you ask them when it would be done? Also it depends on what they took off...like if they are painted jams then the doors have to go back on and aligned...

well alot of cars were infront of mine, and they have a specific person doin my paint, when i go up there i will ask what they will do after paint, i've seen the cars they do, and they never have runs or orange peel in them, so im guessin they wetsand it, i have the invoice for my paint at my apartment, i'll check yo see what it says
i know on there it says they hand sand it then somethin else, then bake it in some special thing to have the gloss paint look

Repost Squintz
04-12-2006, 10:42 PM
what color you painting it? :rant:

i4_garage
04-13-2006, 12:14 AM
considering the weather has became much warmer....if they paint it in the morning...it will be dried over nite.....but just for the finishing touches....it would be another 2 days......putting stuff back and washing it.....but paint usually dried enuff to the touch over nite....but not ready for buffing

Bishop
04-13-2006, 06:56 AM
considering the weather has became much warmer....if they paint it in the morning...it will be dried over nite.....but just for the finishing touches....it would be another 2 days......putting stuff back and washing it.....but paint usually dried enuff to the touch over nite....but not ready for buffing
they are force drying it, not air drying

dfire9
04-13-2006, 07:54 AM
WOW , that is expensive for urethane paint job. Where is it getting painting at?

B16a2 Civic
04-13-2006, 07:58 AM
WOW , that is expensive for urethane paint job. Where is it getting painting at?

well, its a lil expensive because of the colors im picking and the type of paintjob it will be
the urethane paint job package i picked with the warranty is only 600.00
i defintly would have went to sprayglo if there was one in Columbus, i tell you now, if you open up one here, you'll make a killing

B16a2 Civic
04-13-2006, 08:00 AM
:rant:

you'll see when i post it up

B16a2 Civic
04-13-2006, 08:05 AM
i went up there yesterday, they said they are painting half of it today, then the other part 2morrow, and said itw ill be done that night or first thing in the mornin saturday, but they said Friday night, matter of fact i just got off the phone with them and the guy is spraying it now, its already been tapped off and everything

dfire9
04-13-2006, 08:40 AM
Oh i understand. Well good luck and post pics when you get it back.

B16a2 Civic
04-13-2006, 08:56 AM

i defintly will, if its how i invisioned it with teh colors, then all will be good in the hood

Nitro
04-13-2006, 09:34 AM

yo waz up D.?