PDA

View Full Version : Business Idea

fight club
04-11-2006, 11:22 PM
i am currently moving back to gwinnett county to continue schooling but have decided to work a full time job as well. my friend and i are also going to be in the process of rebuilding a rental property he is looking at, and im going to be a maintenence man of sorts. I was thinking bout things i could do on the side and came up with buying hondas that need body work, fixing that and mechanical problems, repainting, and turning a profit. does this seem a reasonable idea? i can do most mechanicall work myself or with a friend who is a mechanic and paint jobs cost nothing for me. would this seem like a good extra income idea?

Wurm
04-12-2006, 12:07 AM
sounds like bmvw to me

fight club
04-12-2006, 12:09 AM
bmvw?

CSquared
04-12-2006, 12:59 AM
Dude, unless you have some sort of serious parts hook-up, i wouldn't bother. By the time you get the car, source parts, get it together, and sell, the profit margin probably wouldn't be high enough to be worth your time. Theres no saying people are even going to buy these cars once you are done, so there is a chance that you'll make an investment and wind up stuck with the product or letting it go for a lot less money than you wanted. Even if you find a favorable profit margin, with such little man-power you probably won't be able to turn enough cars to make a difference on your income.

Bishop
04-12-2006, 01:46 PM
i am currently moving back to gwinnett county to continue schooling but have decided to work a full time job as well. my friend and i are also going to be in the process of rebuilding a rental property he is looking at, and im going to be a maintenence man of sorts. I was thinking bout things i could do on the side and came up with buying hondas that need body work, fixing that and mechanical problems, repainting, and turning a profit. does this seem a reasonable idea? i can do most mechanicall work myself or with a friend who is a mechanic and paint jobs cost nothing for me. would this seem like a good extra income idea?
i know a couple body guys that buy cars that need bosy work, fix it and paint it them self. I mean, if you can paint and do body yourself, you can make profit....cost about $400 for supplies and you could do a paint job thats worth 2k+

fight club
04-12-2006, 01:49 PM
yea, i can get parts at dealer cost and such, but im talking more like, someones crx or something you know, cars with a big demand, that has a blown engine, buying it, swappign in a d series repainting it ect and turning the profit. this would solely be for extra money and also kinda of a hobby, just with a payoff.

speedminded
04-12-2006, 03:11 PM
Good luck, best thing is to get the Autotrader the night it's delivered and look for the best deals on cars...$500-750 range, take it home, clean it up and put it in your yard for $1,000-1,200. There's also plenty of public auctions to get them from.

Wurm
04-12-2006, 09:51 PM
BMVW (http://www.hondatyper.com/)

basically they buy wrecked cars throw a body kit on them paint them and sell them