PDA

View Full Version : Misc Rapper Proof Slain in Detroit Nightclub

Scrilla
04-11-2006, 01:39 PM
Rapper Proof Slain in Detroit Nightclub

04/11/2006 1:00 PM, AP
Associated Press

By TOM KRISHER, Associated Press Writer1 hour, 9 minutes ago Proof, a member of rap group D12 and a close friend of Eminem, was shot to death early Tuesday at a nightclub along Eight Mile Road, a publicist said.

The death of Proof — whose real name is Deshaun Holton — was confirmed by Dennis Dennehy, the publicist for D12's label, Interscope Records.

"Memorial service arrangements are still being made, and his friends and family would appreciate privacy during this difficult time," Dennehy said in a statement.

Family members gathered at a home on Detroit's northwest side. The residential street in front of the two-story home was lined with vehicles.

Proof was the best man at Eminem's wedding in January and often appeared alongside the superstar rapper at concerts and public appearances. He also appeared in the film "8 Mile."

D12, which includes Eminem, has been around since the mid-1990s, when members of the rap group met at Detroit's Hip-Hop Shop, a clothing store by day and a hip-hop club by night.

Detroit police wouldn't confirm that Proof was killed, but said two people were shot in the head — one fatally — early Tuesday at a nightclub on Eight Mile.

An argument at the CCC nightclub escalated into gunshots, Detroit police spokesman James Tate said.

Wende Berry, a spokeswoman for St. John Health System, said Holton was dead on arrival at St. John Conner Creek, an outpatient treatment facility. Berry confirmed that he had a gunshot wound.

Another member of Eminem's inner circle — rapper Obie Trice — was shot while driving on a Detroit-area highway in December.

___

Associated Press Writer David Runk contributed to this report.

___

On the Net:

http://www.d12online.com

:eek:

quickdodge®
04-11-2006, 01:41 PM
Oh. Later, QD.

B16a2 Civic
04-11-2006, 01:41 PM
man, that sux

JustinSane110™
04-11-2006, 02:25 PM
Damn... that sucks.

tony
04-11-2006, 02:28 PM
Eminem seems like the type that really values close friends so I'm sure he's taking it hard... him and his wife are going through a divorce again too, supposedly due to his drug problem that is coming back.

thinkfast®
04-11-2006, 04:21 PM
damn son

thecrazyone
04-11-2006, 05:32 PM
damn no more proof...wierd, that does suck

PhAtBoYMr2
04-11-2006, 05:38 PM
shit this is going to crush eminem...

The crazy thing is...if anyone remebers the "toy soilders" video proof was the one that got shot outside and rushed to the emergancy room or whatever....

I dunno i need more backup..i havent heard anything on the news yet...

quickdodge®
04-11-2006, 05:43 PM
I've read about it on other sites. Later, QD.

thinkfast®
04-11-2006, 05:54 PM
yea I read news on it from a couple diff sites too homey

thats tough

justinxecushyn
04-11-2006, 05:59 PM
The crazy thing is...if anyone remebers the "toy soilders" video proof was the one that got shot outside and rushed to the emergancy room or whatever....

i was thinking the same thing

CSquared
04-11-2006, 06:07 PM
shit this is going to crush eminem...

Fuck eminem.

later, CK

PhAtBoYMr2
04-11-2006, 06:32 PM
http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=5552

damn.....

crazy, i was sorting through my album list, and he was one of the albums i deleted off my computer....wow thats crazy

PhAtBoYMr2
04-11-2006, 06:56 PM
Damn just saw it on mtv....

R.I.P Proof

*pours our liquor bottle*

this is going to be a big blow to aftermath, maybe the downfall of eminem and d12.

Negrodamus
04-11-2006, 07:44 PM
Fuck eminem.

*Pours out bottle of piss*

PhAtBoYMr2
04-12-2006, 12:07 AM
toy soilders video...

http://i1.tinypic.com/v74dnq.gif

Word on the street is Proof's last words were " Don't buy Doja's album, he fake, G..G.G.G.G.Unit !"

R.I.P Proof

The good die young.

CSquared
04-12-2006, 12:32 AM
^Dude im sorry you had such a close and personal loss... Is there anything i can do to ease the pain or ensure you take it a little bit easier?

People die every fucking day... good people... there are people alive that are starving... suffering... In the grand scheme of things, who gives a shit about some overindulging untalented rapper douchebag.

Sure, it's "sad" when someone is cut down in their prime, but he isnt the first and he sure the hell wont be the last. Maybe he should have considered such things before he got himself into whatever shit that wound up getting him cut down.

I'll never understand the affliction with celebrities.

PhAtBoYMr2
04-12-2006, 12:45 AM
^Dude im sorry you had such a close and personal loss... Is there anything i can do to ease the pain or ensure you take it a little bit easier?

People die every fucking day... good people... there are people alive that are starving... suffering... In the grand scheme of things, who gives a shit about some overindulging untalented rapper douchebag.

Sure, it's "sad" when someone is cut down in their prime, but he isnt the first and he sure the hell wont be the last. Maybe he should have considered such things before he got himself into whatever shit that wound up getting him cut down.

I'll never understand the affliction with celebrities.

I copied that post from a whole nother forum....notice the italics...

and yeah people dying everyday isnt new, its the cycle, but its the whole pricipal of the situation. Someone lost there life, atleast show some sympathy, Proof was respected by the hip hop heads...he was known and worked his way up tot he top to become a celebrity...the principal of the situation is that this rap shit gets real, and these deaths will never stop. Id say rap plays one of the biggest influnences on violence today.....it didnt start with tupac or biggie nor it will end...the principal of the situation is when will we ever learn???

GTScoob
04-12-2006, 12:53 AM
I copied that post from a whole nother forum....notice the italics...

and yeah people dying everyday isnt new, its the cycle, but its the whole pricipal of the situation. Someone lost there life, atleast show some sympathy, Proof was respected by the hip hop heads...he was known and worked his way up tot he top to become a celebrity...the principal of the situation is that this rap shit gets real, and these deaths will never stop. Id say rap plays one of the biggest influnences on violence today.....it didnt start with tupac or biggie nor it will end...the principal of the situation is when will we ever learn???

I agree completely. In every other genre of music you just hear about rockstars overdosing and shit but never violent gang related deaths.

babygurl
04-12-2006, 11:25 AM
damn that is really close to home! I lived off 8 mile road for a long time. I still have friend that hang around the Detroit club scene :( WOW

thinkfast®
04-12-2006, 11:25 AM
thats cuz gangs dont beef like that wit rock stars, I mean they stay in their upper class section, and the gangs run everything else.

Its a way of life for a lot of people, and a sad way to go out... some people look at it as having no other choice

babygurl
04-12-2006, 03:14 PM
thats cuz gangs dont beef like that wit rock stars, I mean they stay in their upper class section, and the gangs run everything else.

Its a way of life for a lot of people, and a sad way to go out... some people look at it as having no other choice

WOW most sensitive post I have ever seen you make WOW

thinkfast®
04-12-2006, 03:32 PM
WOW most sensitive post I have ever seen you make WOW

yea I lost a few friends like that, its too bad but it showed me a better way.. I could be knockin folks over, but I dont need to, not right now, not anymore

:sniff:

HyPer50
04-12-2006, 04:42 PM
Everlast strikes back.. RIP.

1000cckiller
04-14-2006, 12:16 PM
Eminem seems like the type that really values close friends so I'm sure he's taking it hard... him and his wife are going through a divorce again too, supposedly due to his drug problem that is coming back.tony his wife's drug problem not his.

tony
04-14-2006, 01:14 PM
tony his wife's drug problem not his.

she cited him going back to using drugs and his addiction to pain killers for the break up of their second marriage.

quickdodge®
04-14-2006, 02:03 PM
Yeah. Feminem is having a recurring drug problem. Later, QD.