PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Omnipower ITBs

Vteckidd
04-11-2006, 10:33 AM
Just got some info about these, word is pricing will be VERY COMPETITIVE. i might have to pick up a set. they have spacers to change the length of the runners, these are the 53mm ones. prototypes

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/alex/omniitbs1.jpg
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/alex/omniitbs2.jpg

BTEC
04-11-2006, 10:37 AM
nice. what is the length of runners 1 and 4? they are shorter. Get a set bc im gonnado a A/M build and its gonna be an ITB setup so i need to figure out which ones to go with. Are they gonna be priced up there with TODA's shit?

Jdm94Coupe
04-11-2006, 10:38 AM
daaaamn, clean

99SI
04-11-2006, 11:33 AM
Those gold stacks are hot. That is odd that 1 and 4 are shorter, I didn't notice it at first glance, the gold had me starstruck! lol. Competitive pricing as in TWM or Toda, Jenvey??? I think once I do the RM head port/valve job, MSP or RMF header, that would cap off my build quite nicely! :D

99SI
04-11-2006, 11:37 AM
It's hard to tell from the angle of the pics but they look like they are angled down a little more than the TWM's, which from what I understand being at a straighter angle is more efficient. Either way for a prototype the casting and finish looks very good and clean, they don't look like they are too far from production ready.

Ludester
04-11-2006, 07:39 PM
those look really good.

Vteckidd
04-11-2006, 07:42 PM
they are sposed to be $800-1000

Ludester
04-11-2006, 07:43 PM
that is a really good price for them. Wonder if they'll make them for "h" series?

fight club
04-11-2006, 08:33 PM
niiice looking itbs!

Five*Star*
04-12-2006, 01:30 AM
Those look really good. I have been waiting for something like this.

what is the length of runners 1 and 4? they are shorter.

I was just thinking about the un-equal length stacks just the other night and trying it out on a honda application. You would get good response and a slightly improved midrange with the two longer stacks for every other cycle in the firing of the engine. They have been doing that with V8's and other race motors forever.

What applications will be made other than B vtec??? I would love to see those on an H22 also.

Jdm94Coupe
04-12-2006, 11:54 AM
let's get some #'s on em.... they look too fuckin clean

DonGori
04-12-2006, 12:09 PM
kinda looks like the sensor plug on the top is blocked by the fuel rail but would very nice if they made it for the H series

all-mota
04-12-2006, 05:38 PM
yeah he already did some testing with them on chris whitfields race car thats what they're on in the pics i'm not sure if they were on the car for there record setting run but if they were i'm sure they'll say so.

by the way notice how this thread vanished off honda-tech. i wonder why?

Vteckidd
04-12-2006, 06:05 PM
Cause Omni didnt want people seeing the pics

BABY J
04-12-2006, 06:07 PM
A-Sports and TWM makes some good ones too...

Ninety Four
04-12-2006, 06:15 PM
Looks like a 4AGE, but 15 years too late.

The BUCKY
04-12-2006, 09:07 PM
i like them. if they are that cheap i will deff have to do it. what does a normal ITB set up go for now

NAIZBST
04-12-2006, 10:09 PM
i like them. if they are that cheap i will deff have to do it. what does a normal ITB set up go for now

normal ITB setup goes for around 1500.00-2000.00 depending on if you need injectors and stuff like that.

99SI
04-13-2006, 10:22 AM
The thing with the ITB's are that there are definately draw backs to it. Also unless you have a pretty decent build already they aren't going to do that much for you, unless you just think they look pretty. :D Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I believe on a stock GSR Itb's with tuning will only yield about 10-15 hp. While that is a decent number for NA Honda unless you have already done a good header, cams, raise compression, etc., IMO it is not the best bang for the buck to do. For one thing the stock head is only going to efficiently flow so much air, unless you do FI, without head work to increase air flow you aren't going to see the results that most think. Also after talking to someone who had them on a type R, he said he constantly smelled like gas just from driving his car, they release gas fumes that enter into the vehicle. As long as you know what you are getting into when it comes to getting ITB's they are great and these look like they will be another great Omnipower product. I run Omnipower flat face race valves and Omnipower full coilovers and have been extremely pleased with the quality and performance of their parts, especially when you factor in the cost compared to something that would perform equal to them.

Jdm94Coupe
04-13-2006, 02:21 PM
nicely put^^^

EJ_Allmota
04-19-2006, 03:05 PM
That shit looks dope.. And you couldn't be more correct 99SI...

Jdm94Coupe
04-21-2006, 09:10 AM

just go boost........

BABY J
04-21-2006, 09:26 AM
just go boost........

Some people prefer the road less traveled. :)

Jdm94Coupe
04-21-2006, 10:28 AM
how u figure it's less traveled?..... i hope u don't think he's just gonna slap it on and wamm a million whp...

The BUCKY
04-21-2006, 11:24 AM
just go boost........

i have boost in something else. i am doin an all motor build in my sol

Jdm94Coupe
04-21-2006, 11:34 AM
i thought u was sellin it^^

The BUCKY
04-21-2006, 02:58 PM
i thought u was sellin it^^

more than likely not. i will know monday whether i will sell it or not. if we dont sell then we want to do an A/M build in it.

Jdm94Coupe
04-21-2006, 03:20 PM
by we i hope you don't mean u and ur gurl...... lol, if so datz kinda tight, lol

The BUCKY
04-21-2006, 04:34 PM
yea she wants to use it to race. want something different with it.

LS2ner
04-25-2006, 08:18 AM
need more info on ITB's!

BABY J
04-25-2006, 10:07 AM
TWM is at the "top" of the ITB game, but are DEF not the most affordable --> http://www.twminduction.com/Home/Home-FR.html

Redline, lesser known but decent product --> http://www.redlineweber.com/html/throttle_bodies/Throttle%20bodies_side_mount.htm

Jenvey (s2000 ITBs put them on the map in the US, but they were always on the map overseas) --> http://www.jenvey.co.uk/

ALSO Asport makes some nice ones (48mm)... I can't remember their site though. Am I leaving any of the major players out? And you can also make your own!!

fight club
04-25-2006, 10:15 AM
how u figure it's less traveled?..... i hope u don't think he's just gonna slap it on and wamm a million whp...

maybe not a million but a thousand would be nice :D

99SI
04-25-2006, 11:40 AM
TWM is at the "top" of the ITB game, but are DEF not the most affordable --> http://www.twminduction.com/Home/Home-FR.html

Redline, lesser known but decent product --> http://www.redlineweber.com/html/throttle_bodies/Throttle%20bodies_side_mount.htm

Jenvey (s2000 ITBs put them on the map in the US, but they were always on the map overseas) --> http://www.jenvey.co.uk/

ALSO Asport makes some nice ones (48mm)... I can't remember their site though. Am I leaving any of the major players out? And you can also make your own!!
Of course the Toda ITB's can't be left out of that list. They are uber expensive. The TWM's can be bought for 1200 or so. The Toda ITB set up will run closer to 2k. Yes, the DIY Hyabusa ITB's have been well documented to be effective. A good way to get into ITB's for a good bit less money. You will need an intake manifold to use for mounting/initial runner. There is plenty of documentation on doing these and if you look there are some people that are building them and selling them already made. The throttle bodies are a little smaller than what you would normally get with the Jenvey/TWM but good none the less. I believe the hyabusa's are around 32-35mm each. Still a lot more air than a stock 60mm TB. I believe Honda Tuning within the last six months did a step by step article on the DIY ITB's which they put on a sohc, but the process is the same. Again, make sure ITB's are the crowning touch on solid build including: cams, valvetrain, GOOD header, standalone or obd-1 chip/hondata, higher compression, etc. Good luck with them. They are definately a neat addition to a good build.

Vteckidd
04-25-2006, 11:45 AM
Jenveys are wildly known as the top , either them or Hayward make nice ones. but heres something to consider:

IPS made MORE power with a Single Thrtottle body manifold than ITBs. something im about to try

99SI
04-25-2006, 11:57 AM
It wasn't just any single throttle body though. It was a custom job that they did that is still a prototype with a center exit throttle body going into a custom manifold with better dispersion and radiused runners and is fed by a intake pipe that goes straight to a huge collector that sits in the grill opening. ^^^ Agreed though on the point that ITB's are not always the answer to making more power or "better power" ie: in the powerband you need to make it. But the IPS single throttle body and manifold is not your ordinary off the shelf unit. Just to make that clear.

LS2ner
04-27-2006, 06:36 AM
Errr....i meant more info on the omni ITB's...i know a lil about ITB's in general. I appreciate the info tho J :)

99SI
04-27-2006, 09:24 AM
The info is they are not being produced yet. lol. These are prototype, don't expect to see them anytime real soon.

LS2ner
04-28-2006, 07:46 PM
damn :( 99, u ever get ur OEM bumper & shit?

99SI
04-29-2006, 09:18 AM
no.

Vteckidd
04-29-2006, 10:03 AM
hes a ricer LOLZORZ

99SI
04-29-2006, 11:20 AM
Ricers run open header to make their shit sound loud. That's all they care about is how loud it was. Mike learned that when he was at Nopi. The guys that were buying them out of underbody neons and led windshield washers taught it to him.

Hondasi
04-29-2006, 11:29 AM
can these run as daily driver or only track

LS2ner
04-29-2006, 11:52 AM
DD or track...either one you choose

99SI
04-29-2006, 11:55 AM
can these run as daily driver or only track

Again, make sure ITB's are the crowning touch on solid build including: cams, valvetrain, GOOD header, standalone or obd-1 chip/hondata, higher compression, etc. Good luck with them. They are definately a neat addition to a good build.

LS2ner
04-29-2006, 11:57 AM
Err.. i prob shouldve been more clear...DD if your car is able to handle them. Otherwise id guess you'd be loosing power.

Vteckidd
04-29-2006, 12:25 PM
ITBs can be daily driver, but , it would be like buying a GT35R an putting it on your SOHC D15 non vtec, its pointless unless you have the other combinations to take advantage of the ITBs

IE, running 13.5:1 conmpression will not net you the gains you would want to see if you ran stock B16 cams.

LS2ner
04-29-2006, 01:24 PM
Hah! so in a not really kinda way i was right! Yes! =P

BTEC
04-29-2006, 01:34 PM
Hah! so in a not really kinda way i was right! Yes! =P
well yeah, if u lay on ur back with ur legs behind ur head holding ur breath and look through one eye. Ok i lied, ur still way off.

LS2ner
04-29-2006, 04:14 PM
i am???? how? =P

BABY J
04-29-2006, 05:15 PM
I think you'd almost ALWAYS make power by going ITBs just by the nature of the design. But for the pricepoint you'd be a BONEHEAD to go that extreme on a stock or near stock motor. You'd also introduce a tuning NIGHTMARE to your setup... there are not a lot of shops that can support ITB tuning, you are essentially tuning each cylinder individually, so it can be quite the challenge.

speedminded
05-03-2006, 02:07 PM
You should net more power with ITB's, no matter the build, as long as the fuel can keep up with it...but for most classes in [road] racing they aren't legal. As for tuning, any shop with a dyno can do it and you can with a "standalone" yourself too once a good solid baseline has been established. The main problem is constant tuning is required depending on weather (to get the most out of them), you will smell like gas, etc.

For the price a high quality header and an elephantitus password jdm/j's racing intake will have just has much gain with zero disadvantages.

Black R
07-10-2006, 05:06 PM
I think you'd almost ALWAYS make power by going ITBs just by the nature of the design. But for the pricepoint you'd be a BONEHEAD to go that extreme on a stock or near stock motor. You'd also introduce a tuning NIGHTMARE to your setup... there are not a lot of shops that can support ITB tuning, you are essentially tuning each cylinder individually, so it can be quite the challenge.

You'd think that, but the reality is somewhat different:

A properly designed intake manifold would be able to surpass even the gains of individual throttle bodies, simply due to the overlapping of the sound waves causing air to resonate and form a charged air pulse...

Simply put; itb's can be outperformed by a single throttle body and properly matched and designed intake manifold.

The downside? You better know wtf you're doing when designing your setup.

Itb's look and sound badass. They also have this insane throttle response..... But they are finicky in that tuning will take you a bit longer to make them daily driver streetable - you'll have to get acquainted with tuning via throttle position vs. map sensor. :) All in all, they're not so bad. ;)

99SI
07-11-2006, 09:28 AM
Damn long time no post, you must have followed the link from HT about this thread! :D I saw it yesterday, unfortunately I'm still on a trial membership there with only 3 posts. euc08 on HT btw.