PDA

View Full Version : community service work?

ProjectWidow
04-27-2005, 05:16 PM
anyone know any places around the cumming/duluth/alpharetta area that i can community service at? i need a few more hours for a club at school and so far the places i called said no or fill out an application like at the local libraries. i would like something that i could do for a few hours after school. like 4:30-7:30 or so and possibly on sundays. anyone know the numbers to the recycling centers? any suggestions?

Bajjani
04-27-2005, 05:19 PM
I do Big Brothers for Kids W/o Dads, somewhat unofficially. My dad's assistant from his old job (now works with him with his business he started) got divorced a few years back and his dad is abusive and ignorant towards him. So I kind got stuck with the big brother role and he went from D's C's in school to A's and playing sports. So I dunno, mayb you could see if you can do something like that. Helps more than picking up garbage I think

Ms Dollar
04-27-2005, 05:23 PM
i volunteered at a clothes closet...it's called north fulton community charities they are in the phoine book and i believe their new location is uhh...right behind sonny's at the intersection of alpharetta hwy and mansell...not sure tho...they are really nice and stuff there tho just a bunch of older women who volunteer....it's a bunch of different churches that go there everyday.,...hope this helps.

Kristi
04-27-2005, 06:11 PM
salvation army - i know a bunch of people who go there

IndianStig
04-27-2005, 07:44 PM
anyone know any places around the cumming/duluth/alpharetta area that i can community service at? i need a few more hours for a club at school and so far the places i called said no or fill out an application like at the local libraries. i would like something that i could do for a few hours after school. like 4:30-7:30 or so and possibly on sundays. anyone know the numbers to the recycling centers? any suggestions?

Key Club???

boosted1jz
04-27-2005, 07:52 PM
i went to the roswell recycling center..... meet alot of cool people, find some interesting stuff LOL.... and paid off my fine to roswell for my wrong doing LOL

chris

ProjectWidow
04-27-2005, 08:03 PM
thanx brandi and kristi. i will try calling those places tomorrow.

i went to the roswell recycling center..... meet alot of cool people, find some interesting stuff LOL.... and paid off my fine to roswell for my wrong doing LOL
chris
also thanx, i will call the gwinnett location tomorrow. do you have to give an application like at libraries or just pretty much go there and they will tell me what times i can go?

boosted1jz
04-27-2005, 08:11 PM
i just went up there and told them i wanted to do some comunity service.....

quickdodgeŽ
04-27-2005, 08:44 PM
I do Big Brothers for Kids W/o Dads, somewhat unofficially.

That's fucking awesome as shit for you, dude. I give you big ups on that. When I was 9-11 years old, I was signed up for the United Way Big Brothers/Big Sisters program. My Father disowned me when I was 1 year old and my sister was 3 days old. Never had a replacement. So I got a Big Brother. He took me everywhere. I respect you for doing that, man. Congrats. Later, QD.

Bajjani
04-27-2005, 08:55 PM
That's fucking awesome as shit for you, dude. I give you big ups on that. When I was 9-11 years old, I was signed up for the United Way Big Brothers/Big Sisters program. My Father disowned me when I was 1 year old and my sister was 3 days old. Never had a replacement. So I got a Big Brother. He took me everywhere. I respect you for doing that, man. Congrats. Later, QD.

Dude, it something I can look back on and actually be proud of. I mean, I didn't mean to do it at first and didn't even really notice it. It seriously was a year before my parents were like you don't realize how much you changed this kids life. And the more I look back on it, I was like, damn. But yea, thanks a ton man, but it is definatley something I am proud of.

quickdodgeŽ
04-27-2005, 08:58 PM
is definatley something I am proud of.

Should be dude. Later, QD.

Jaimecbr900
04-28-2005, 12:24 PM
St. Joseph's hospital is a good place too. You can call their volunteer desk. I helped there and they are always looking for people. It's a cool place to volunteer IMO.

I volunteered there because my grandfather, who passed away in 95, spent some time there before he passed while under going cancer treatment. They really treated him well, so I figured I owed them for that. Don't regret the decision.

BTW, no disrespect meant at all but if you're going to spend the time to volunteer for anything, even if it's because you HAVE TO......try and volunteer somewhere where you will be benefiting someone other than yourself. You will find that lesson most rewarding. Smashing cans will not teach you a thing.

Kristi
04-28-2005, 12:46 PM
sure thing! the only reason i know that is because james is on probation right now! damn speed demon! but yea, he says its pretty easy. but the big brothers idea is good too!

ProjectWidow
04-28-2005, 03:24 PM
St. Joseph's hospital is a good place too. You can call their volunteer desk. I helped there and they are always looking for people. It's a cool place to volunteer IMO.

are you talking about the one on Peachtree Dunwoody road? i would like to find something closer since i leave school around 4 and would like to get like maybe 3 hours in. thanx brandi, i called the north fulton community charities and they said just to come by, which i may do tuesday since they are open till 8. also kristi do you know which salvation army james is working at? cause i looked in the yellow pages and most of them are downtown.

4dmin
04-28-2005, 03:26 PM
i need yard work done you can volunteer there ;)

ProjectWidow
04-28-2005, 03:31 PM
i need yard work done you can volunteer there ;)
i wouldn't mind... as long as you can sign the papers.

4dmin
04-28-2005, 03:37 PM
^ i'll sign them tell them you did them for IA.COM we are a community base organization :)

quickdodgeŽ
04-28-2005, 03:54 PM
BTW, no disrespect meant at all but if you're going to spend the time to volunteer for anything, even if it's because you HAVE TO......try and volunteer somewhere where you will be benefiting someone other than yourself. You will find that lesson most rewarding. Smashing cans will not teach you a thing.

Like what Bajjani does. Later, QD.

Jaimecbr900
04-28-2005, 04:32 PM
Like what Bajjani does. Later, QD.

Ummmm, huh?????? :confused:

quickdodgeŽ
04-28-2005, 04:34 PM
Read his contribution to this thread. It is great. Later, QD.

ProjectWidow
05-10-2005, 10:40 PM
anybody know any better place than goodwill? i worked 8 hours there today and thought the day would never end!

i volunteered at a clothes closet...it's called north fulton community charities they are in the phoine book and i believe their new location is uhh...right behind sonny's at the intersection of alpharetta hwy and mansell...not sure tho...they are really nice and stuff there tho just a bunch of older women who volunteer....it's a bunch of different churches that go there everyday.,...hope this helps.
they wouldnt let me work there.

im thinking maybe a recycling center or something. i need something fast paced that keeps me moving all the time, cause at the goodwill time was barely moving. i heard someone saying i can do something at the chattahoochee river?

ProjectWidow
05-17-2005, 07:45 PM
anyone?

Bajjani
05-18-2005, 04:29 AM
If you get along with kids I recommend Big Brothers. That helped me a lot. Like, I am majoring in accounting and the firms in KY actually have a Big Brothers Big Sisters day and its something you can put on a resume for internships and such. And it helps someone more than most could understand