PDA

View Full Version : Misc Driver Parallel Lines

TheSnail
04-11-2006, 02:25 AM
I went to block Buster 5hrs ago and rented this game for $8.49. I played it for about 20-30min, but then I paused it. I put my head in my hands. I sat there looking at the paused screen for 5 minutes. I got up and turned it off. I cant even talk about it right now. Ill talk about it tomarrow when I feel less pissed off.

~The_Duke~
04-11-2006, 02:19 PM
That bad?

TheSnail
04-11-2006, 03:21 PM
Yes, It sucks so bad. I regret giving the game company their share of the profit from me renting it. Anyways about the game: To best describe it, it is a very cheap GTA ripoff. There are only 2 car views selectable. The So called “advance physics for real life game play” on the back of the game, should be ignored. For example, as im driving 100 on a bridge I nicked the side barrier, The car came to a stop in a fraction of a second, rather then skimming it and slowing me down to 80-90. I hit a Data bus head-on at 70, the back of the bus lifts up in the air as the bus flys back 50ft from the impact of the little car. When running on foot. I take that back you cant run, you can only walk. There is no button to change the speed of you walking. But anyways, when walking on foot you can change the view angle by the toggle button just like in GTA, but it never settles itself back. So you have to readjust it whenever you push it on accident. You can not jump in this game. Yes that’s right, no jumping! Its like playing old Zelda, but just much crappier then Zelda. With in the 30min of me playing it, I got into a wreck while running from the cops, and got out to steal a new car. Well since The drivers side door was next to another car, it must have confused the game. I was standing threw the roof of the car, as if I was standing in a convertible. I was stuck. I tried the enter/exit button, but it did not do any thing. Since I could not jump I tried everything to get my legs out of the car as my upper body was running around throw the roof. Luckily, one of the cops that was circling the car got close enough to arrest me, so I did not have to restart the game. So this is just some of the flaws I noticed in 20-30. It was plenty enough to piss me off, So please do your self a favor and not rent/buy it. Unless of course you want a GTA imitation that seams like it was made 10years before GTA.

~The_Duke~
04-11-2006, 03:38 PM
That is why I dont play console games that much. There are alot of good ones but there are 2x as many bad ones. That is why I play PC games more plus I dont have to buy them.

Thank you for the warning though. You should try to play some of the PS and PS2 emulators for the computer. Those are bad....they would stack up with this game.