PDA

View Full Version : job hunting... anything available?

GGPIS3
04-10-2006, 04:44 PM
well.. heres my situation in a nutshell.

I moved to Atlanta to start a business, but we have come across a few road blocks. I quit my last job about 6 months too early :rolleyes: . Had I known we weren't going to be able to get this off the ground by summer, I would have stayed.

My background consists of Business Development, Marketing/Advertising/Promotions, Event Coordination, Sales, Communications.

I have a Bachelors of Science in Entrepreneurial Studies and a minor in Management.

In my last position, I was in the top 5 of 50 sales people with outstanding CSI.

I'm not necessarily looking for full-time or part-time positions, but more of something where i can learn something and utilize my time wisely. I learn quick and love the different facets of business, especially problem-solving.

If you think you know of a position that can fit my skills and your company, please let me know.

thanks,

dan

btw. i live in gwinnett, but i am house shopping so location is important, but somewhat flexible. in terms of compensation, im pretty open at this point, im not necessarily looking for a job based on how much money i will make, but more what i can contribute and learn as well. i also prefer working with small businesses, they usually have much better atmospheres and corporate politics.

thanks again and i hope to hear from you soon.

quickdodgeŽ
04-10-2006, 09:48 PM
Ummm. I think most Atlanta Journal-Constitution newspaper stands are available for newspaper purchases. There are CLASSIFIED ADS in the back part that have all kinds of job listings. Later, QD.

GGPIS3
04-10-2006, 09:59 PM
wow.. you are a genious! i made this thread in hopes there may be small business owners lurking around here and possibly needing a good person. thanks for your .02 though.

Vuongy_Dong
04-10-2006, 11:53 PM
work for me Dan.

quickdodgeŽ
04-11-2006, 04:28 AM
wow.. you are a genious!

I know. Now go out there and get 'em. Smart guy. Later, QD.

TIGERJC
04-11-2006, 08:25 AM
gl on finding a job, you can always chase ghost for a living.

quickdodgeŽ
04-11-2006, 08:59 AM
gl on finding a job, you can always chase ghost for a living.

Not really. But good attempt at getting at me. Are you not capable of coming up with something not only of your own, but original? Reading some (or most) of your posts leads me to believe that it would not be the case. I would say Nice Try, but I would be lying. Later, QD.

TeeJay
04-11-2006, 09:16 AM
Not really. But good attempt at getting at me. Are you not capable of coming up with something not only of your own, but original? Reading some (or most) of your posts leads me to believe that it would not be the case. I would say Nice Try, but I would be lying. Later, QD.
pwnt.

deffro
04-11-2006, 09:20 AM
wow.. you are a genious! i made this thread in hopes there may be small business owners lurking around here and possibly needing a good person. thanks for your .02 though.

I've got a business management degree with emphasis in euntrepreneurship. I'm about to move to the ATL in the next couple months to find a job/plan a business, let me know how your search turns out.

TeeJay
04-11-2006, 11:12 AM
lol @ all the atl immigrants, in search of the good life

TIGERJC
04-11-2006, 11:23 AM
Im sorry I can't come up with anything new. You have been around for a long time, and have pissed a lot of people off in that time. In that long length of time, prolly everything I could come up with to say, has already been said by another person. Its hard to make fun of or point out a person flaws over the internet, but I would love to do it person. This all I know about you - you bitch like a mother,chase ghost, spend all your time on ia.

Try not to be a asshole, man the guy is just looking for job. Most ppl who get jobs today, know somebody that work there that got them the job.

quickdodgeŽ
04-11-2006, 11:30 AM
Im sorry I can't come up with anything new. You have been around for a long time, and have pissed a lot of people off in that time.

I've maybe pissed off about 5, possibly 6 people. That's not a lot of people. They have all gotten over it, as have I. Now we're cool. If

In that long length of time, prolly everything I could come up with to say, has already been said by another person.

You're probably right. I've heard it all to the fact that I drive a Neon to the ghost hunting thing I do. It's hard to get creative with those two.

Its hard to make fun of or point out a person flaws over the internet,

I really don't have any flaws over the Internet. I hardly think ghost hunting is a flaw.

but I would love to do it person.

Sure. If you're talking about just bullshitting around. If you're looking for more, then no thanks. I don't get down like that.

This all I know about you - you bitch like a mother,chase ghost, spend all your time on ia.

If that's all you know, you don't know much and you don't know what you think you know. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
04-11-2006, 11:32 AM
Try not to be a asshole, man the guy is just looking for job. Most ppl who get jobs today, know somebody that work there that got them the job.

I disagree, but I'll leave it alone. And I'm not being an asshole. Just giving some good old fashioned advice. Later, QD.

B16a2 Civic
04-11-2006, 11:40 AM
its not like QD is bias, he offers that advice to anyone posting a thread about lookinf ro a job, even if they see they looked, he'll offer the same advice

Speedm0(\)key
04-12-2006, 01:15 AM
QD's advice was not needed, and was frankly fucking stupid. im sure dan's alrady looked in the papers.. so how could that have been taken?.. not so good.

QD's ass must be bleeding this week

IndianStig
04-12-2006, 07:33 PM

apparently you are not such a genius

GGPIS3
04-12-2006, 09:50 PM
apparently you are not such a genius

:confused: :confused: ok buddy!

MongolPup
04-12-2006, 09:51 PM
Dan is most def not an immigrant....however dude I always wondered why you worked at ATL Toyo but spent alot of time up north. Good luck man, sorry I never ended up buying a car from you (still have your card, sadly enough I handed some out and someone I know is going to be buying a solara in the near future and had your info and all that....)

joesblk_teg
04-12-2006, 10:55 PM
the only thing bad about ia is that alot of people will get on here and bash you, some people have no respect, but as to your question im sorry all i could say is maybe someone on here might have something for you, and then there is always like monster.com and places like that if you run out of options, good luck man

GGPIS3
04-13-2006, 12:02 PM
thanks guys... yeah, i've been looking through all of the papers, websites and everything else you can think of. You just never know anymore, some of the best jobs people land happen in the places you'd least expect to find them. gotta keep networking....

SaraX5
04-14-2006, 12:56 AM
i dont know if you've checked it or not but go to www.craigslist.com those are updated on point. I got my last job literally 5 minutes after I replied to the listing.

Hondatwin23
04-14-2006, 07:42 PM
good luck man, im in the same boat .
turbo kit is not going to just but itself

GGPIS3
05-04-2006, 11:11 AM
good luck man, im in the same boat .
turbo kit is not going to just but itself

lol.. i feel you bro.. i already have the turbo... now trying to maintain is a whole different story. hahaha

but yeah. bump!

dereksi
05-04-2006, 11:13 AM
I gotta job opening...........................come clean my house.

BTEC
05-04-2006, 11:16 AM
u can apply at nopi, i hear theres an opening. LOL!!!

tony
05-04-2006, 04:14 PM
What kind of business were you looking to start? You can pm me if you'd like