PDA

View Full Version : The joys of working in Downtown Atlanta - *PICS*

dean
04-27-2005, 01:56 PM
Took these this morning when I got into work. I walked past this dude heading to work and ran to my office to borrow my co-workers D-SLR. I ran about 6 blocks until I found him. He was walking on Peachtree Street and he headed down North Ave at the Ga Tech Marta station. The dude was blowing his whistle, twirling his ghey baton and dancing to his music.

http://uploads.ramstein.com/upload/ATLFAIRY2.JPG
http://uploads.ramstein.com/upload/ATLFAIRY3.JPG
http://uploads.ramstein.com/upload/ATLFAIRY5.JPG
http://uploads.ramstein.com/upload/ATLFAIRY6.JPG

http://uploads.ramstein.com/upload/ATLFAIRY8.JPG
http://uploads.ramstein.com/upload/ATLFAIRY10.JPG
http://uploads.ramstein.com/upload/ATLFAIRY11.JPG
http://uploads.ramstein.com/upload/ATLFAIRY12.JPG

B16a2 Civic
04-27-2005, 01:57 PM
LMAO.....that indeed....is an individual

Eli
04-27-2005, 01:58 PM
what the fuck is that!!?!?!? LOL

4dmin
04-27-2005, 02:18 PM
bahhhhh that dude is pretty cut for an old dude... it would of been cooler if he was roller skating around... the cowboy boots don't really fit the outfit ;)

Brandon C
04-27-2005, 02:21 PM
Is That Kev....

Its A Joke dont E-thug Me
I definatly dont miss midtown

JustinSane110™
04-27-2005, 02:22 PM
What the fuck man?!?! LMAO!

Well gotta at least give some credit cuz the man...it...she-man....ummmm....mangina obviously has no shame haha.

LaurenK
maybe he'll let me borrow that next halloween...

HEATON
6 Blocks? Usually just 1 pic is sufficient for proof of gayness but Holy Shit! You sure you didnt want the pics for your personal "afternoon collection"?

Brandon C
04-27-2005, 02:24 PM
I just thought of something you probably made that guys day thinking you were some type of Paparatzi or something HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

JustinSane110™
04-27-2005, 02:24 PM
6 Blocks? Usually just 1 pic is sufficient for proof of gayness but Holy Shit! You sure you didnt want the pics for your personal "afternoon collection"?
Haha, yeah I was wondering why so many pics.

dean
04-27-2005, 02:27 PM
I actually took like 25 pics or so. I borrowed my friends camera which I didnt know how to use that well. Its a $4K canon DSLR and the shit was taking like 4-5 pics when I mashed the button. It was fast as shit. I lot of them came out overblown and blurry. He is a semi-pro photgrapher and told me to take a lot of pics.

Dragonfly5338
04-27-2005, 02:28 PM
LOL, I think Walker was telling me about that guy once.. good stuff.

dean
04-27-2005, 02:30 PM
My friend sent me this link and he is from St. Louis.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/Columnists.nsf/Sylvester+Brown+Jr./story/0528494A23658E3686256EE90022B63E?OpenDocument&Headline=Shabby+treatment+here+has+quashed+Baton+B ob's+mirth&tetl=1

mocha latte cupcake
04-27-2005, 02:31 PM
yeah das grossth! he needs to go away now...

HyPer50
04-27-2005, 02:34 PM
Holy god......

drupason
04-27-2005, 02:39 PM
bwhahahahah thats too funny

Bajjani
04-27-2005, 02:40 PM
Even so, Bob is ready to leave town. Our city is too narrow-minded, the Ambassador told me. Bob is moving to Atlanta next month. Superman's mission is complete. He's provided many smiles. Up, up and away.

Kevykev
04-27-2005, 02:41 PM
homeboy has been workin' out but's on some fairy shit fo real???

WTF?

The Yousef
04-27-2005, 02:51 PM
wow...thats disturbing....

btw:

nice bimmer :goodjob:

Hulud
04-27-2005, 03:06 PM
does he talk to people?
like randomly in the street?

Cliff
04-27-2005, 03:10 PM
someone posted his picture a loooooooong time ago dressed similar and walking around downtown....maybe it's his own lil yealry gay pride parade

HEATON
04-27-2005, 03:11 PM
Guess the Roids he's taking has too much female hormones in them?

B16a2 Civic
04-27-2005, 03:12 PM
i wanna see him in a fist fight...wonder if he would use his wand to assist in the beat down

Cliff
04-27-2005, 03:15 PM
it's sad when you look so gay the homeless guys even laugh at you and give you change

quickdodge®
04-27-2005, 03:21 PM
Actually, this is a repost! Lolol. Just before Xmas, I posted pictures of this dude. I even posted a video I took of him. He was dancing for me on the camera. I forget what they call him. Some folks call him Long Dick, cuz in other outfits, you can tell he's well-endowed. Later, QD.

Jaimecbr900
04-27-2005, 03:22 PM
He's at least true to his self....a fairy. :gay:

quickdodge®
04-27-2005, 03:22 PM
does he talk to people?
like randomly in the street?

No he doesn't. Word is, he's rich beyond belief. Loads of money and isn't really a fag. He has a male, deep voice and is very intellectual. Later, QD.

trythefly
04-27-2005, 03:25 PM
funny pics man :bigok:

Hulud
04-27-2005, 03:25 PM
o ok caue there was this guy in NY (Central Park) who was on skates and in the smallest shorts (nothing else on) i have ever seen on a guy. he was going up to people randomly and yelling song lyrics to them and dancing around them. now that was interesting...

clean2draccord
04-27-2005, 03:28 PM
Bahahhaha, wtf?! LOL

B16a2 Civic
04-27-2005, 03:29 PM
o ok caue there was this guy in NY (Central Park) who was on skates and in the smallest shorts (nothing else on) i have ever seen on a guy. he was going up to people randomly and yelling song lyrics to them and dancing around them. now that was interesting...

i know of the singin cowboy in times square, but i never seen or heard a guy in central park like, he probably wasn't there when i lived in teh city or when i visited....but that sounds like somethin new yorkers would do...crazy ass

IndianStig
04-27-2005, 03:33 PM
Very insecure with his sexual prefrence.
What a pansy. :lmfao: :lmfao:

quickdodge®
04-27-2005, 03:35 PM
Very insecure with his sexual prefrence.
What a pansy. :lmfao: :lmfao:

Read my last post in this thread, moron. Later, QD.

Bajjani
04-27-2005, 03:43 PM
How is that insecure?

B16a2 Civic
04-27-2005, 03:46 PM
if anything he is very secure that he is in the downtown area of a large city.......

ProjectWidow
04-27-2005, 03:50 PM
that is the ghetto tooth fairy. i remeber seeing him a few months back when i was downtown.
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/images/ghettotoothfairy.jpg

Miranda
04-27-2005, 03:52 PM
OMFG

That's the funniest thing I've seen in a REALLY long time. Why is it that I can go searching for weirdos in Atlanta, yet I never seem to find any of these guys?!

Not fair.

~ Miranda

IndianStig
04-27-2005, 03:53 PM
He's Trying too see wether the guys or the girls will look more, so he knows what to do. I was too lazy to read the thread.

Hes probably imitating the Roman Warriors. The out fit is like theirs but more skimpy.

quickdodge®
04-27-2005, 03:54 PM
The dude is in the same area every day. He'll be from Peachtree Street where Club Visions isdown Peachtree Rd and over to Ansley Mall. Down by Piedmont Park and 10th streets. Later, QD.

Cliff
04-27-2005, 03:54 PM
....it'd be interesting to know why he does what he does

quickdodge®
04-27-2005, 03:55 PM
He has no apparant reason. I have talked to him on several occasions. He just does it for the attention. He isn't crazy(at least he doesn't seem like it). Later, QD.

Bajjani
04-27-2005, 03:56 PM
Read the article!!! He does it to "get a smile from people" and he said he was never happier than when he was twirling a baton..

QD I don't think hes rich it said he use to work at the airport and got laid off after 9/11

He now feels hes doing Gods work by making people happy

IndianStig
04-27-2005, 03:57 PM
He looks like Neil Boortz's producer, Royal Marshall. He is on 750 AM, someone should call and ask, I think its 8:30 to 12:00 on the air, so if its in the afternoon, theres a higher probability.

Code3
04-27-2005, 04:04 PM
glorious thats fn awesome

JagerGirl
04-27-2005, 04:10 PM
oh my

dean
04-27-2005, 04:11 PM
Ripped from AJC

Baton Bob' gives Midtown something to smile about
He livens up streets with eye-catching costumes, mirth

By H.M. CAULEY
For the Journal-Constitution
Published on: 03/31/05

City dwellers accustomed to seeing all sorts of odd sights on the streets of Atlanta have found it hard not to pause and take a second look at Bob Jamerson.

Though most who cross the Midtown resident's path don't know his real name, they do know "Baton Bob," the guy dressed in eye-popping outfits while expertly twirling a baton on the sidewalk.
T. LEVETTE BAGWELL/AJC
(ENLARGE)
Bob Jamerson dons colorful costumes and hits the streets to dispense smiles, waves and greetings to all in his path. 'I'm usually out for two to three hours a day, seven days a week.'

EMAIL THIS
PRINT THIS
MOST POPULAR

ON THE WEB
More information about Jamerson is available at http://groups .yahoo.com/group/ambassadorofmirth.

"I've seen him dressed as a bride, Little Red Riding Hood, an Indian chief, Spiderman and a majorette," said Summer Howard, manager of the Flying Biscuit restaurant at 1001 Piedmont Ave., where Bob often shows up to entertain the sidewalk diners. "People recognize him now on the street and look forward to seeing him."

Jamerson, a freelance floral designer by trade, calls his street character the "Ambassador of Mirth." As his alter persona, he's become a sight on Midtown streets and in Piedmont Park since moving to Atlanta last fall. Adorned in colorful costumes, he takes to the streets almost every day to dispense smiles, waves and greetings to anyone in his path.

"I'm usually out for two to three hours a day, seven days a week," Jamerson said. "I may go down 10th Street to Peachtree [Street], then down Peachtree for eight or 10 blocks. I also stop near the [High] art museum or Ansley Mall, but 14th and Peachtree is my 'main stage.' "

Early love for twirling

Jamerson's bedroom doubles as his costume closet and it's packed with pieces he picks up at vintage and thrift stores. In addition, he owns several batons, including one that glows.

"I fell in love with baton twirling at an early age, growing up in Virginia," Jamerson said. "I asked my grandmother if she'd buy me one but instead she cut off one of her old broomsticks and gave it to me. On most Saturday afternoons, I'd watch college football games to see the majorettes do these intricate twirling routines at halftime. I taught myself by watching them."

During his junior year in high school, Jamerson was the band drum major. A year later, he left the band to become something rather unusual for 1970s rural Virginia — the only male twirler on the dance team.

"I bought white pants, borrowed a cheering sweater, wore white tennis shoes and went out to upstage the majorettes," he said with a laugh. "They hated me because I was their competition."

Jamerson went on to be a flight attendant, but after Sept. 11, 2001, he found himself laid off in St. Louis.

To work out, he started taking his baton to the park and was soon drawing a crowd. The idea of adding a costume to make people laugh came to him, and the response was immediately positive.

"The first time I went out in a black velvet skirt and a tutu, two policemen stopped me and wanted me to pose with them for a picture," Jamerson said. "Then I started going by a children's hospital and a cancer research center. I started getting e-mails from the doctors, nurses and patients about how I made their day. It finally occurred to me that I had tapped into something that was taking the drudgery out of people's lives."

Abuse prompts move

At one point, downtown merchants in St. Louis paid Jamerson to draw folks to their business district. But the love affair started to sour when Jamerson, in a wedding dress, was arrested at a rally for John Kerry and John Edwards. As the welcome mat began to curl up, he decided to head to Atlanta, where he'd lived several years ago.

"I was getting abuse from police officers in St. Louis and it was affecting the spirit of the character," he said. "I still had friends in Atlanta, so I decided to bring my mission here. So far, most people who see the character are amazed."

Jamerson usually gets a warm greeting from diners and the staff at Einstein's on Juniper Street, where he frequently parades by in full costume, baton in hand.

"He always has a different outfit, as well as hats and tiaras," said Einstein's server Danny Walker. "He doesn't really talk to anyone unless they talk to him first, but he's very intelligent and cheerful. He'll always pose for pictures. Everyone on the patio usually claps and cheers when he comes by. You can see he's having fun with it."

The ambassador agrees.

"I'm on a humanitarian mission," Jamerson said. "This is my unconditional gift back to humanity."

quickdodge®
04-27-2005, 04:14 PM
^^^ I stand corrected. There is a guy that stands around Ansley Mall that is called Long Dick. Maybe it is a different guy. The dude I took pictures of and posted here in December, was this same guy. I took the pictures near Club Visions. Later, QD>

dean
04-27-2005, 04:19 PM
No he doesn't. Word is, he's rich beyond belief. Loads of money and isn't really a fag. He has a male, deep voice and is very intellectual. Later, QD.

Quote from the St. Louis paper.

"My parents were petrified," Bob recalled. "I was too naive to know what a homophobe was, but they did. Heck, I didn't even know I was gay at the time. I was just determined to steal the show."

Bajjani
04-27-2005, 04:20 PM
^So that really only proves one part wrong..lol

Pebbles
04-27-2005, 04:21 PM
Those pics were SEXY

quickdodge®
04-27-2005, 04:22 PM
Quote from the St. Louis paper.

I also said it could be a different person I talked to. Later, QD.

B16a2 Civic
04-27-2005, 04:23 PM
sounds like he has his head toght on his shoulders, probably tighter then most of us, guess this shows not to judge a book by its cover.

Deaf Pimp
04-27-2005, 05:54 PM
Reminds me of Ace Ventura pet detective...

Kristi
04-27-2005, 06:00 PM
haha that is fucking funny as hell! sooo many weirdos in this world

Big Rick
04-27-2005, 06:06 PM
hahaha thats crazy, there were lots of people like that in downtown miami

NzProjeKt
04-27-2005, 06:19 PM
Ohhhh Myyyy.. :eek:

auxiliary
04-27-2005, 06:59 PM
someone lost a bet

5thgcelica
04-27-2005, 09:40 PM
wow., lol thast hilarious...the 3rd pic is priceless

SaraX5
04-27-2005, 09:49 PM
:lmfao: those pics are hilarious. I agree with you about downtown. I've been goin to school in atlanta for the past 4 yrs and shit never gets old. Theres always entertainment

Mike4831
04-27-2005, 10:48 PM
Haha, you took way to many pictures of him.

JoeCoolinATL
04-27-2005, 11:07 PM
haha i see that dude at least 4 times a week around haha
who knows. its the perfect cover for a spy
haha

AtifSajid
04-28-2005, 07:36 AM
Thats batoon Bob. thats is actual name. he is out all the time in Midtown. Sometimes you will find him in a marching suit, sometimes in military gear, he has his own thing. He has been here for a while now.

I didnt read all the thread, so if someone already stated who he is good for u.

Tasuki_Civic
04-28-2005, 07:46 AM
lmao !!! hey!!! thats the same guy i saw walking around visions (club) at the time the dog wood festival was going on. but n that day he was wearing a wedding dress but whisling and listening to his own music. it was crazy. another atlantas craziest classic people on the streets.

Tasuki_Civic
04-28-2005, 07:48 AM
hes got a bangin body tho..............