PDA

View Full Version : drift fury was great

ECMgarrett
04-10-2006, 09:03 AM
im sunburnt, still exhausted, but still stoked i came down there.
the six hour ride was well worth it.
admin - thanks for your hospitality, you were extremely nice to both me and carl (duder with M coupe)

everyone else we spoke with down there was super nice as well

drift fury was good, way better than the stuff we have up here in NC

we will be coming back down for the next three events without a doubt

4dmin
04-10-2006, 09:15 AM
no prob glad to see you guys made the drive and enjoyed it. next time hit me up you can crash at my place :goodjob:

SwurvinIn
04-10-2006, 09:22 AM
are we gonna get kicked out again for having too many ppl? cause if that was our biggest problem its not a bad problem to have...but still that was gay

4dmin
04-10-2006, 09:24 AM
^ na the situation will be sorted out before the next event

SwurvinIn
04-10-2006, 09:40 AM
good news paul! thanks for everything dude...had a blast! great turnout! definatly one of the best IA events yet imo!

illeagle
04-10-2006, 10:03 AM
yes it was great! I am gonna hit up more ATL events...no doubt

Whoopee95
04-10-2006, 10:21 AM
hell yeh, i had a blast, it was so nice meeting alot of u too!!!

Nemesis
04-10-2006, 10:22 AM
hell yeh, i had a blast, it was so nice meeting alot of u too!!!

lol we were both worried probably the most out there since we were the first two to run yesterday and it was our first event :lmao:

Brett
04-10-2006, 10:28 AM
IA as usaul held a kick ass show!!

Darkside
04-10-2006, 10:28 AM
where all the pics at?

HalfBaked
04-10-2006, 10:30 AM
I'm exhausted.

I slept for about 12-13 hours last night.

And hell somehow I'm not even sunburnt...nor do I have a wierd tan line.

I was really hoping to tan in the shape of the little vest I had on.

SwurvinIn
04-10-2006, 10:31 AM
hahahahaha^^^that would be tight y0

HalfBaked
04-10-2006, 10:32 AM
I know, I was really hoping to be able to go to the pool and get wierd looks because I'm tan on my arms with a v shape on my chest a bit. :(

Oh well. There are always more events!

CHADbee
04-10-2006, 10:37 AM
admin - thanks for your hospitality, you were extremely nice to both me and carl (duder with M coupe)

too bad i got there at 5 "just in time for the first round"
:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Nitro
04-10-2006, 10:39 AM
too bad i got there at 5 "just in time for the first round"
:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

i saw your car but not u bro........ :( hollaaaaaaaaaaa

melisme0
04-10-2006, 10:41 AM
i saw u nitro lol

Whoopee95
04-10-2006, 10:51 AM
lol we were both worried probably the most out there since we were the first two to run yesterday and it was our first event :lmao:

lol, yeh, what i learned is never be the first to pull up at a drift comp, ..lol, then i will be the first to qualify ...lol

i had a blast tho, i cant wait until june now

illeagle
04-10-2006, 10:53 AM
just curious...how many people had LSD's?

Ran
04-10-2006, 11:00 AM
lol, yeh, what i learned is never be the first to pull up at a drift comp, ..lol, then i will be the first to qualify ...lol

i had a blast tho, i cant wait until june nowDG Trials is at Atlanta Motor Speedway on May 6th. :)

ECMgarrett
04-10-2006, 11:03 AM
i took a shit load of pics, ill get them up soon (not all of them,but some, i took 399 this weekend).
if anyone would like to see pics of their car then just let me know what you were driving, im sure i got pics of everyone.

half baked - you the guy only wearing the reflective vest? well, i mean, you were wearing pants, but you know. i remember seeing you walk by and thinking "that dude going to be in pain tomorrow"

HalfBaked
04-10-2006, 11:05 AM
half baked - you the guy only wearing the reflective vest? well, i mean, you were wearing pants, but you know. i remember seeing you walk by and thinking "that dude going to be in pain tomorrow"

Yea that was me.

Believe it or not I'm not burnt.

ECMgarrett
04-10-2006, 11:07 AM
well youre a son of a bitch then cause i look like a public school hotdog - very pink. ive been spreading the aloevera on my face, neck, and arms all day, im miserable.

but it was worth it, this was such a good time

HalfBaked
04-10-2006, 11:08 AM
The trick is to just be really tan whenever something comes up. Atleast that worked for me, I have been laying out by my pool for the past 2 weeks everyday.

Also, if you get sunburnt put some lotion on afterwards also.

CHADbee
04-10-2006, 11:10 AM
i saw your car but not u bro........ :( hollaaaaaaaaaaa
i was there like 20 min. and everybody else was leaving so i went to baskin robins on ponce. saw the pics that are up...urs was lookin nice. got a trophy too huh? congrats! :goodjob:

Whoopee95
04-10-2006, 11:45 AM
ran, yeh i talked to marty about that event in may, forgot about it already, yeh, dg in may, see ya then :)

ash7
04-10-2006, 11:53 AM
i think the thing that I'll remember the most about the event is when my friend's (Hybrid14) crank pulley fell when he was parking his car... hahahaha! i couldn't believe it. But yes, that was a totally sweet event for sure. I'll def. be there for the next one.

ECMgarrett
04-10-2006, 12:14 PM
damn what kind of shit was he doing when trying to park?

Whoopee95
04-10-2006, 12:30 PM
btw, im running a Helical Gear LSD, im wanting to go with a 2way clutch type next

The Ren
04-10-2006, 12:31 PM
hey matt.. where is your wristband?

{X}Echo419
04-10-2006, 12:40 PM

same here, except for the whole NC part. more like Marietta :goodjob: .
I'm a red-neck fo' real today

chnco
04-10-2006, 12:55 PM
good times, good times.

My life flashed before my eyes when Reggae Drift and his 5 million color BMW almost nailed me when I spun out.

ECM, I was driving the silver '98 240, were you driving?

ECMgarrett
04-10-2006, 01:02 PM
no, i was spectating and shooting pics
my buddy had a bimmer in the car show

Nemesis
04-10-2006, 01:06 PM
good times, good times.

My life flashed before my eyes when Reggae Drift and his 5 million color BMW almost nailed me when I spun out.

:lmao:

Whoopee95
04-10-2006, 01:26 PM
good times, good times.

omg, my heart stopped beating for a sec when i saw that about to happen

NDSPD
04-10-2006, 02:09 PM
:mad:

First of all the track was a track for rookies and if we keep doing this kind of tracks nobody in the east coast will ever get to the level they have in the west. you can go to any event in California and these people know how to drift no matter what car they have. The track at Turner Field was designed for 2nd gear only and like that you will never be able to tell the good drifters from the bad ones.

Second, even if you are organizing the event and you are not participating in drifting is not professional to cut in front of other drifters to make more passes. Decide if you want to drift or host. or at least put up a demonstration aside from the drifters. no biggy.

Third and last. Judges say they are going to judge by clipping points, angle, and speed. Spin outs meant zero points. I saw many drifters that did good and didnt make the top 8!!!!!!! while others were just "road racing" so that they could get close to the clipping point and the guy with the flag would wave it :stupid: real drifters were trying to do it the right way. duh Come on! one thing is getting close to the clipping point while road racing and another while really drifting, burning tires and having an angle. Out of the 8 i saw only 3 cars that deserved to be there. The rest spun out on their qualifying passes. Others that did better were left out. Are we talking politcs or friendship here? I suck at drifting, i have a crappy car and i dont have the big budget but i know who is good or not and spectators too. Dont ruin the sport. Make better tracks and get judges that wanna make better drifters out of these events not friendships. 3rd gear drifting rules. Good car show though. nice organization too.

Z33_kid
04-10-2006, 02:13 PM
jamaica !! lmao car wass odd but still kewl was a great meet

Ran
04-10-2006, 02:55 PM
:mad:I agree with you that the track was definitely a beginner track. Yet, you also have to consider that a lot of the people out there, including two of my friends, were there on their first event. The only thing about the track that bothered my was the inconsistency. I was able to enter the frist corner in 3rd, but at that annoying "knoch" in the back, I was forced to downshift into 2nd and try my best to maintain a 45mph top speed. Still, it wasn't bad for a learner track. For high speed drifting, check out DGTrials at AMS in May. 5-6th gear drifts all day.

I have no right to say anything on the judging since I spun on my two judged runs. My practice run was golden tho. :D

Despite the pros and cons of the event, it was still a lot of fun and we got in a good number of runs considering the number of drivers. I'll be looking forward to the next one. :)

HiPSI
04-10-2006, 03:14 PM
Out of the 8 i saw only 3 cars that deserved to be there. The rest spun out on their qualifying passes. Others that did better were left out.

So in your opinion, who out of the top 8 didn't deserve to make it and why? Secondly who was better and why?

first round of qualifying was one practice then two judged runs, with them taking the better of your two runs as your qualifying score. that meant you could spin one run then put down a good one and make it. those with the highest scores moved on. top 4 was a mock tandem setup, one run in front and one behind the other driver you were paired with so strategy could come into play. if the other driver spun and you were up then you could run a conservative run and win that round, if they ran a solid run then you'd better outdo them. i didn't get to watch all day, but from what i did get to see i think the top 8 was pretty fair.

BID BAD 13-B
04-10-2006, 03:18 PM
the jamaican was Albert the owner of uab body shop.

mumbles
04-10-2006, 03:34 PM

First of all the track was a track for rookies and if we keep doing this kind of tracks nobody in the east coast will ever get to the level they have in the west. you can go to any event in California and these people know how to drift no matter what car they have. The track at Turner Field was designed for 2nd gear only and like that you will never be able to tell the good drifters from the bad ones.

Second, even if you are organizing the event and you are not participating in drifting is not professional to cut in front of other drifters to make more passes. Decide if you want to drift or host. or at least put up a demonstration aside from the drifters. no biggy.

Third and last. Judges say they are going to judge by clipping points, angle, and speed. Spin outs meant zero points. I saw many drifters that did good and didnt make the top 8!!!!!!! while others were just "road racing" so that they could get close to the clipping point and the guy with the flag would wave it :stupid: real drifters were trying to do it the right way. duh Come on! one thing is getting close to the clipping point while road racing and another while really drifting, burning tires and having an angle. Out of the 8 i saw only 3 cars that deserved to be there. The rest spun out on their qualifying passes. Others that did better were left out. Are we talking politcs or friendship here? I suck at drifting, i have a crappy car and i dont have the big budget but i know who is good or not and spectators too. Dont ruin the sport. Make better tracks and get judges that wanna make better drifters out of these events not friendships. 3rd gear drifting rules. Good car show though. nice organization too.

in response to your track complaint. the track was changed 3 times that morning b/c of the lot condition. why don't you go down there and look at the holes and the raised up asphalt, not to mention a huge grease spot in the lot. we did the best with what we had. and the track had to be quick with over 50 drivers. we were concerned about people getting enough seat time to make them happy. the only way for the inexperienced to get better is to get seat time. the reason for these event is for people to get used to a compation environment, and i believe this was accomplished. we made a techincal course last time and people didn't want to run the technical part so i guess you just can't please everyone.

EDIT: I am aware that i can't spell

HalfBaked
04-10-2006, 03:53 PM
hey matt.. where is your wristband?

I had a wristband damn it!!!!

It was sexy on me!

however I just drank a lot by my pool! so I don't know what youe asking~!

Minze
04-10-2006, 03:55 PM
the turn-out...excellent
the car show was nice...

the drifting kinda sucked. that pontiac or whatever couldnt drift.
the bmw 3 series was my favorite...

but im definently going to the next 3 events.

Tiff-O-Bitties
04-10-2006, 04:09 PM
i had fun, but whoever that girl was, the bitch with long red curly hair working.. needs to get that tampon out of her ass... she was incredibly rude.. i understand she was "doin her job" but seriously, don't treat me like I'm 12 and I won't treat you like the bitch that you are...

Conversation for those of you who didn't hear about it:

Me: *Just chillin and waiting on Brooks to get his money to get his wristband*

Red Headed Bitch: Hey, do you have your wristband?

Me: I'm waiting on Brooks to walk with me...

RHB: Well, you need to go get it RIGHT NOW..

Me: I just told you we're going to get it when he gets his money...

RHB: Well, do you need me to go with you, do you want me to hold your hand?

Me: Fuck off, I'm a big girl, I can go get it myself...

RHB: *Stunned* I said....

Me: Going Bitch, going....

If she's on here and she's a friend of someone, I'm sorry for you.

dereksi
04-10-2006, 04:11 PM
Yea I got the same shit from that hoe.

HalfBaked
04-10-2006, 04:15 PM
It wasn't me!!!

I knew u.

I didn't care if you had aband!

ECMgarrett
04-10-2006, 04:15 PM
the turn-out...excellent
the car show was nice...

the drifting kinda sucked. that pontiac or whatever couldnt drift.
the bmw 3 series was my favorite...

but im definently going to the next 3 events.

what pontiac?

mikespeed95
04-10-2006, 04:16 PM
i had fun, but whoever that girl was, the bitch with long red curly hair working.. needs to get that tampon out of her ass... she was incredibly rude.. i understand she was "doin her job" but seriously, don't treat me like I'm 12 and I won't treat you like the bitch that you are...

Conversation for those of you who didn't hear about it:

Me: *Just chillin and waiting on Brooks to get his money to get his wristband*

Red Headed Bitch: Hey, do you have your wristband?

Me: I'm waiting on Brooks to walk with me...

RHB: Well, you need to go get it RIGHT NOW..

Me: I just told you we're going to get it when he gets his money...

RHB: Well, do you need me to go with you, do you want me to hold your hand?

Me: Fuck off, I'm a big girl, I can go get it myself...

RHB: *Stunned* I said....

Me: Going Bitch, going....

If she's on here and she's a friend of someone, I'm sorry for you.

im sorry. but i read your post and from where im sitting you seem to be the immature bitchy one here...

Tiff-O-Bitties
04-10-2006, 04:27 PM
im sorry. but i read your post and from where im sitting you seem to be the immature bitchy one here...

good call, but i disagree. Oh yea, I didn't call her immature, I just said she was a bitch..

Tiff-O-Bitties
04-10-2006, 04:28 PM
It wasn't me!!!

I knew u.

I didn't care if you had aband!

haha.. I knew you wouldn't care... and everyone else who knew me, which was pretty much everyone, didn't care.. :D

quickdodgeŽ
04-10-2006, 04:34 PM
im sorry. .

You should have just ended your post right there.

Cavvy, THinkfast and I got the same treatment. I had been there since 11:30 and she came to me about 3. I still never ended up with one. Lolol. Later, QD.

Outphase
04-10-2006, 04:38 PM
I know no one cares, but I was running cones at the last station with my other friend Ian... yeah.. that was fun. Tracy almost ran me over (so she thought)... woulda been cool to become one with the drift....haha...anyway I had fun yesterday...good stuff... thanks to BATLGROUND & other people there.

Big Baller
04-10-2006, 04:52 PM

First of all the track was a track for rookies and if we keep doing this kind of tracks nobody in the east coast will ever get to the level they have in the west.

I think the idea was to have a track for rookies, not everybody is an expet like you. People on the West coast have gotten to the level that they have because there is an event every weekend there.

: you can go to any event in California and these people know how to drift no matter what car they have.

Once again because they get a whole lot more opportunitys than we do.

: The track at Turner Field was designed for 2nd gear only and like that you will never be able to tell the good drifters from the bad ones.

I didnt have a problem telling the good drifters from the bad. There isnt alot of space for third gear drifts there.

:Second, even if you are organizing the event and you are not participating in drifting is not professional to cut in front of other drifters to make more passes.

I'm just going to assume that you are talking about Tracy because I didnt see Dan drifting any. You have no idea how hard it is to pull off an event of that magnitude. Tracy does it because she loves drifting, she does it so that people will have a place to go drift. Its really unfortunate that you are sucha an ungreatful little bitch that you cant even see that.

:Decide if you want to drift or host. or at least put up a demonstration aside from the drifters. no biggy. Again you are such a little troll, people worked for Months to put this even together and you cant even be a little greatful.

:Third and last. Judges say they are going to judge by clipping points, angle, and speed.

Yep they did say that and then they did just that.

: Spin outs meant zero points. I saw many drifters that did good and didnt make the top 8!!!!!!![QUOTE=NDSPD]

Yeah there were alot of good drifters there but the best 8 made the final. Drifting is a funny thing there are no times to judge by which means its all judged on perception. I guess your perception is diffrent than the judges.

[QUOTE=NDSPD]: while others were just "road racing" so that they could get close to the clipping point and the guy with the flag would wave it :stupid: One word for you "PERCEPTION"

: real drifters were trying to do it the right way. duh Come on! One more time "PERCEPTION"

: one thing is getting close to the clipping point while road racing and another while really drifting, burning tires and having an angle.

Thats alot of things

:Out of the 8 i saw only 3 cars that deserved to be there. The rest spun out on their qualifying passes.

Again "PERCEPTION"

: Others that did better were left out. Are we talking politcs or friendship here?

This has got to be the most ignorant statement of the your whole idiotic post.
You must be mildly retarded

:I suck at drifting, i have a crappy car and i dont have the big budget but i know who is good or not and spectators too.

You really dont have any idea, seriously you just dont.

: Dont ruin the sport.

Are you talking out loud, how exactly are they ruining the sport. They are providing a safe place for people to drift. Big fucking crime.

: Make better tracks and get judges that wanna make better drifters out of these events not friendships.

DIAF, The track was fine.

: 3rd gear drifting rules.

So you say you suck at drifting but apparently you are the third gear master, awesome.

: Good car show though.

Yes it was

:nice organization too.

Yes Maximum Angle did a great job

Matt
(I dont work for anyone associated with this event)

Whoopee95
04-10-2006, 04:58 PM
Good Breakdown matt, i personally thought the event was great!

Big Baller
04-10-2006, 05:02 PM
Good Breakdown matt, i personally thought the event was great!

Thanks, I'm all about hating on some shit but his post was just stupid. I know Tracy put in Months of hard work just to pull that event off and she does it because she loves drifting. She told me the other day that she was thinking about starting a Non-Profit Organization. The girl works very hard to make sure that every one has a good time and gets more than enough runs. I think that she did a very good job of making sure that happened.

Matt

Outphase
04-10-2006, 05:06 PM
I thought everyone out there was doing their best...everyone could have improved. Overall...going out there is to learn and gain more experience, and I'm glad there was such a great turnout.

As for the "flaws", I only had to say:
- People who didn't pay snuck in (happens at just about every drift event @ Turner Field)
- Non-pit crew people going in the pit crew area

I can't really debate on the Top 8/4 because I saw everyone drift... I was at the last turn... a lot of people tried to go fast through the last turn...and that caused a lot of close calls into the pit-crew area...

Other than that... you can't rag on the drifters... not everyone is born with skill... everyone is on a different skill level. You compete to get better, ask people what they do that you don't do... exchange knowledge... this applies to any competition held for any type of event, not limited to cars.

4dmin
04-10-2006, 05:14 PM

Third and last. Judges say they are going to judge by clipping points, angle, and speed. Spin outs meant zero points. I saw many drifters that did good and didnt make the top 8!!!!!!! while others were just "road racing" so that they could get close to the clipping point and the guy with the flag would wave it real drifters were trying to do it the right way. duh Come on! one thing is getting close to the clipping point while road racing and another while really drifting, burning tires and having an angle. Out of the 8 i saw only 3 cars that deserved to be there. The rest spun out on their qualifying passes. Others that did better were left out. Are we talking politcs or friendship here? I suck at drifting, i have a crappy car and i dont have the big budget but i know who is good or not and spectators too. Dont ruin the sport. Make better tracks and get judges that wanna make better drifters out of these events not friendships. 3rd gear drifting rules. Good car show though. nice organization too.

ALL I GOT TO SAY IS HOW ABOUT YOU PUT ON A BETTER EVENT :goodjob: ?

there hasn't been an event this good put on by anyone else SEDA, DG, Formula D, etc...

Tracy
04-10-2006, 05:35 PM
I got into 3rd gear and so did Dan.

The bitchy red headed girl is my best friend and she did her job right from what I can hear. I told her if people don't have bands, walk with them until they get one. Sorry, Caver:). She had to do the job I would have done if I wasn't driving. Its hard to handle 1500 people and insurance for an event like this is very hard to get. We don't want to loose it over a $5 wristband and a waiver.

Glad most of you had a good time. We are still in the learning process. We didn't expect the amount of people that came. We will work to improve for the next event.

I'll post more tomorrow when I'm not on the sidekick.

Ran
04-10-2006, 05:42 PM
I got into 3rd gear and so did Dan.So did I, but only because my tranny is horrendously short. :tongue:

It was a great event Tracy and I'm sure that a lot of people, including myself, are looking forward to the next one.

:goodjob:

quickdodgeŽ
04-10-2006, 06:21 PM
ALL I GOT TO SAY IS HOW ABOUT YOU PUT ON A BETTER EVENT :goodjob: ?

there hasn't been an event this good put on by anyone else SEDA, DG, Formula D, etc...

I was going to post eh exact same thing. You know you always have your haters and that there is always someone who has their "expert" opinion on how shit should be ran. Until that someone puts on the perfect show, he/she should really shut the fuck up and either enjoy what is thereor just don't go. Later, QD.

300zx
04-10-2006, 07:08 PM
Did yall see all the people who got that FREE great view at the top of the hill on the blue wall? I had a band. I saw them so I went up there and the view was terrific. I still wouldv'e paid the $5 dallars to show my support. The 350z was flawless. I saw no mistakes.

Andyturbo13
04-10-2006, 07:18 PM
it was a great event and i cant wait of the next one iam trying to get my car ready so i can compete.

Nemesis
04-10-2006, 07:20 PM
Big Props to Tracy for being so helpful with the tips during my runs that day! It helped a great deal. And just for that I made this awesome user bar for sigs :fruit:

IronEagle
04-10-2006, 08:46 PM
Does anyone have pics? Thanks.

Nemesis
04-10-2006, 08:51 PM
^ check the Pics and Photoshops forum :D

illeagle
04-10-2006, 10:05 PM
top of the wall was the best view...thats where we were at the beginning, it looked awesome from up there.

well worth my 5 bucks...hell I wanted to grab my 240 and try my hand in it :)...but I needed my tires for the long ride home :( anyone wanna loan me some tires for the next one :D

I dont care what anyone says...this was one of the best events i have been to in the past 4 years

NDSPD
04-10-2006, 10:27 PM
lol of course some feelings were hurt by my post. first of all dg trials on saturday had a way much better track design. (and they didnt have to plan it for months...lol like some of you say Tracy did). Am not saying that the event was not good and well executed. am just saying to improve the judging so we can fiinally see some local good drifting and we dont have to wait for a formula d events to see that. yes we cant have every week drifting but at least make it to a high level drifting every time we have one. i know there are rookies...so i give u a fast solution: have 2 different groups!!!! oh and the red head.....lol dont worry she does that all the time. every person in charge of "security" always think they own the place. see you soon at dg trials at atl motor speedway. p.s. that track will be high speed and it took them like 5 minutes...not months to figure it out. good job. no more posts got more things to do.

HiPSI
04-10-2006, 10:48 PM
lol of course some feelings were hurt by my post. first of all dg trials on saturday had a way much better track design. (and they didnt have to plan it for months...lol like some of you say Tracy did). Am not saying that the event was not good and well executed. am just saying to improve the judging so we can fiinally see some local good drifting and we dont have to wait for a formula d events to see that. yes we cant have every week drifting but at least make it to a high level drifting every time we have one. i know there are rookies...so i give u a fast solution: have 2 different groups!!!! oh and the red head.....lol dont worry she does that all the time. every person in charge of "security" always think they own the place. see you soon at dg trials at atl motor speedway. p.s. that track will be high speed and it took them like 5 minutes...not months to figure it out. good job. no more posts got more things to do.

this is not Formula D, nor is it intended to be. you seem to be missing that. i didn't hear a single driver complain about the course at all throughout the day. that is including tony schulz, andy sapp, and marty who all have formula D experience under their belts. of course AMS will be high speed, that lot is enormous and very nice and smooth/flat. turner has brick crossings, pipes sticking out of the concrete, lots of bumps, etc.

were you a driver by any chance?

Minze
04-11-2006, 01:28 AM
what pontiac?

it was that black american car...it was like a firebird or somethin. but it couldnt drift for anything. basically just rolled through the track.

mikespeed95
04-11-2006, 02:27 AM
lol, i think i know the car you are talking about.

i wish i could have been there, the 1st event you guys did kicked total ass, and apparently so did this one.

see you guys for FD!!

chnco
04-11-2006, 03:00 AM

As Erin said, were you driving? Months is not just "track design". Have you tried finding an insurance company to cover a drift event? Have you tried accomodating a drift event + car show in one event? Have you actually ever tried to rent out a Turner Field lot? Have you tried finding a shit load of volunteers for an event of this magnitude? Have you ever judged a drift event?

Do you really think it took DG Trials 5 minutes to plan a course?

Go ahead and plan event, I'll be happy to give you 5 minutes to plan the course, and be generous enough to give you another 23 hours and 55 minutes to do the rest of the event since just about everything is done in a matter of minutes.

I really enjoyed the event, and personally loved the course. I will say I'm definitely a rookie, but it was easy to spot the technical highlights of the course.

Let me know when the event you setup is, I'll be happy to pay $70 bucks if it's anything near this.

Ran
04-11-2006, 06:04 AM
i didn't hear a single driver complain about the course at all throughout the day. that is including tony schulz, andy sapp, and marty who all have formula D experience under their belts.I think the only real complaint about the track all day was the little "knotch" in the back between corners 1 and 2. Other than that, it wasn't so bad. :)

turner has brick crossings, pipes sticking out of the concrete, lots of bumps, etc.How can people complain about the bricks? I loved those things during the DG Trials Saturday event. No angle? Dump the rear tires into the brick and BOOM, the backend slid out and you had instant slide. :D

{X}Echo419
04-11-2006, 06:40 AM
I'm not someone who really likes car shows and all that jazz. but I had a good time at this 1. peopel need to stop being pretentious(spelling) pricks and show up with a positive attitude and have a good time. GD buzz kills :2cents:

4dmin
04-11-2006, 07:17 AM

you sound like a tool, how many cars/people did dg have sat on their 5 min track design :jerkit: , i'm sure they had 1500+ spectators, car show, etc, etc...

i love people who run their mouths who have never put on a big event themselves.

Marty
04-11-2006, 07:39 AM
NDSPD: Are you a driver?

Kalifornia087
04-11-2006, 07:53 AM
I hate working all the time... I knew this would be a badass event. I will be taking out of this paycheck to get into the DG Trials AMS event on MAy 6th... So see you there!

illeagle
04-11-2006, 08:37 AM
it was that black american car...it was like a firebird or somethin. but it couldnt drift for anything. basically just rolled through the track.

It was a camaro I believe, if we are talking about the same car, the mullet model, not the catfish

Tiff-O-Bitties
04-11-2006, 08:38 AM
The bitchy red headed girl is my best friend and she did her job right from what I can hear. I told her if people don't have bands, walk with them until they get one. Sorry, Caver:). She had to do the job I would have done if I wasn't driving. Its hard to handle 1500 people and insurance for an event like this is very hard to get. We don't want to loose it over a $5 wristband and a waiver.

Right, I understand that she was doing her job, and I understand that she has to be hard about it, but it was just her whole approach... But oh well, what's done is done...

Marty
04-11-2006, 08:48 AM
first of all dg trials on saturday had a way much better track design. (and they didnt have to plan it for months...lol like some of you say Tracy did)

Our private day took months of planning

am just saying to improve the judging so we can fiinally see some local good drifting

Huh? How does judging make people better drivers? There was some real talent there this weekend

see you soon at dg trials at atl motor speedway. p.s. that track will be high speed and it took them like 5 minutes...not months to figure it out.

HA! Do you even know us? We take our course designs VERY SERIOUSLY. Event PLANNING takes months.

I hope I see you out there at AMS in all your great drifting glory.. Why don't you come out and tandem with me and Andy Sapp? That is if your car passes tech.. cuz guess who is going to be teching your car now ASSHAT ;)

The Ren
04-11-2006, 08:57 AM
^ you are my hero for the day

HiPSI
04-11-2006, 09:02 AM
Our private day took months of planning

Huh? How does judging make people better drivers? There was some real talent there this weekend

HA! Do you even know us? We take our course designs VERY SERIOUSLY. Event PLANNING takes months.

I hope I see you out there at AMS in all your great drifting glory.. Why don't you come out and tandem with me and Andy Sapp? That is if your car passes tech.. cuz guess who is going to be teching your car now ASSHAT ;)

marty you suck, you're nowhere near as good as those west coast drifters. god knows they're all born with natural driving talent and can do 100mph entries over there.

4dmin
04-11-2006, 09:05 AM
marty you suck, you're nowhere near as good as those west coast drifters. god knows they're all born with natural driving talent and can do 100mph entries over there.

lol ya you guys are JDM DRIFTERS so you guys suck :2up:

bahhhhhhhhhh :lmfao:

R33AccorD
04-11-2006, 09:16 AM
ill definitely have to see about making the next event...sounds like it was a pretty cool event from what all ive heard

Marty
04-11-2006, 09:20 AM
lol ya you guys are JDM DRIFTERS so you guys suck :2up:

bahhhhhhhhhh :lmfao:

HARD PARKERS! :tongue: ;)

Marty
04-11-2006, 09:21 AM

Yea, maybe I should just stop driving because I'll never be as good as the west coast guys... Or that fool

SRCRX
04-11-2006, 12:21 PM
made the drive from Athens, went from white to red in a few hours! lol

had a great time!!

Tracy
04-11-2006, 12:24 PM
OK. I had a days rest. I still feel a little whooped. I'm glad we made it through. I had butterflys for weeks.

Caver,
I'm sorry. I understand your point and I will speak with her about it. Thanks for comming and supporting the event.

NDSPD,
I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy the event.

We spent months planning the event. We all tried very hard to keep everyone in mind while we were planning. The point was to have a hybrid event, to bring different groups of people together that are basically the same demographic. We wanted it to be inexpensive so that everyone could have a place to be with friends for the day. We have been to and participated many events over the past several years and we made a concerted effort to think about all of the things that we would do different if we had the chance. I know I personally was very tired of traveling across the country to see Dan gets 3 runs at a professional event. I am speaking for myself now, the concept that I saw was giving drivers plenty of seat time while giving them a slighty competitive atmosphere. I didn't expect ALL of the best driver that God ever created to be there ( I expected some and IMO they came through). I want the East Coast to catch up with the West Caost and they way that I see to do it is offer plenty of seat time. I think we accomplished that goal.

The car show went flawlessly from what I can tell! :iaowns:

To the fans of the bands and the fans of the motorcycle stunt team. I am very sorry you didn't get what you came to see. I am going to work on figuring out a way to make it up to you at the next event.

I haven't seen anyone congratulate the winners of the competition or the car show. I think that's a bummer! CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF THE WINNERS! We will have a thread announcing all of the winners of the car show and the drifters scores.

I know we have a lot to work on. We welcome your comments and suggestions. Everyone try to not come down too hard on folks for their opinions. Everyone is entitiled to them. Trust me when I say we want to try to make everyone happy....even if we're told it's impossible. Work with us on making it better. Atlanta has a huge scene and we should have huge events. We just need to come together.

I'm going to take my own advice and start working harder on that.

ECMgarrett
04-11-2006, 12:37 PM
i know the admin talked to me and carl about it - but for the next one get us plenty of fliers and stuff, we'll hand them out up here, after seeing some of the pics from this event on my forum several kids have already showed interest in the next events. it was well worth the 6 hour drive and the entry fee is dirt cheap.

i was very suprised with the atl scene, yall have some very nice stuff down there and great turn outs. this was way bigger than anything ive seen up here in a while (couple years)

tracy thank you for all your effort, i thought the event was great, fuck the haters

quick question - how much to enter the drift comp at these events? im not asking for myself (mr2s cant drift well), but to let drifters up here know about it.

HiPSI
04-11-2006, 12:43 PM
quick question - how much to enter the drift comp at these events? im not asking for myself (mr2s cant drift well), but to let drifters up here know about it.

$70 per event.

Ran
04-11-2006, 12:45 PM
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Tracy, thanks for letting me run back and fix my car between my judged runs. I know it jacked up the flow a bit. :( I seriously have no idea how came loose.

Nemesis
04-11-2006, 12:48 PM
Yeah, what happened with that? As I was taking pics, I was like damn, he did bad, but still, he isnt crying is he? :lmao:

Tiff-O-Bitties
04-11-2006, 12:50 PM
Caver,
I'm sorry. I understand your point and I will speak with her about it. Thanks for comming and supporting the event.

no need for apologies baby!;)

Nemesis
04-11-2006, 12:50 PM
Yeah, what happened with that? As I was taking pics, I was like damn, he did bad, but still, he isnt crying is he? :lmao:

i love you nate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ran
04-11-2006, 12:52 PM
Yeah, what happened with that? As I was taking pics, I was like damn, he did bad, but still, he isnt crying is he? :lmao:I wasn't crying, but I was severly pissed. I nailed my practice run PERFECT!! I swear to God it was golden!! Then I went and botched both of my judged runs. I definitely buckled under the pressure of it being my first "official" competition. I was so upset with myself I wanted to go all emo. I know I could have done better. :(

I really take these things too seriously.

Nemesis
04-11-2006, 12:55 PM
itll be okay Nate, you're still Takumi to me

Ran
04-11-2006, 12:56 PM
itll be okay Nate, you're still Takumi to meGeorge, you really are too good to me. ;)

:D

HiPSI
04-11-2006, 12:57 PM
this thread went all gay and shit.

Tracy
04-11-2006, 12:58 PM
i know the admin talked to me and carl about it - but for the next one get us plenty of fliers and stuff, we'll hand them out up here, after seeing some of the pics from this event on my forum several kids have already showed interest in the next events. it was well worth the 6 hour drive and the entry fee is dirt cheap.

i was very suprised with the atl scene, yall have some very nice stuff down there and great turn outs. this was way bigger than anything ive seen up here in a while (couple years)

tracy thank you for all your effort, i thought the event was great, fuck the hatersquick question - how much to enter the drift comp at these events? im not asking for myself (mr2s cant drift well), but to let drifters up here know about it.

I think we must be twins!!!!! It's $70/event.

4dmin
04-11-2006, 12:59 PM

tracy thank you for all your effort, i thought the event was great, fuck the haters

thanx man :goodjob: the next event will be hella larger and more organized, we needed this 1st show to break in the whole crew across the board, see where we failed and where we need to improve for the next event. thanx for all of the support.

pm sent about flyers.

HiPSI
04-11-2006, 01:02 PM
I think we must be twins!!!!! It's $60/event.

i thought that was the special price for those of us who signed up for the whole season at once?

Tracy
04-11-2006, 01:12 PM
i thought that was the special price for those of us who signed up for the whole season at once?

It is. My bad :D I'm whooped!

mumbles
04-11-2006, 01:16 PM
marty is my hero ;) :lmfao:

chnco
04-11-2006, 01:55 PM
BTW Ran Kizamma: I saw you Friday night hauling ass on 92 going pass Canton Hwy, right by a cop! lol. I yelled at you, but I was in a Benz.

Ran
04-11-2006, 02:43 PM
BTW Ran Kizamma: I saw you Friday night hauling ass on 92 going pass Canton Hwy, right by a cop! lol. I yelled at you, but I was in a Benz.I was probably in a rush to get home so I could prep for the two events this past weekend. :D

There was a cop? :confused: :lmao:

illeagle
04-11-2006, 04:14 PM
lol thats funny...on my way back home to Augusta I was doing about 100, there were 3 other cars following me...I look back for a second and 1 of the cars disappeared but I did see blue lights about a mile behind me haha sucks for the person who was in the back!

Julio
04-11-2006, 04:45 PM

This past event had more spectators then any other DRIFT event in GA besides Forumula D shit... So until then... Any of you MOFO's can top that go and suck on Ron Jeremy's Dic* until it gets hard.. :eye:

And FYI it will only get better.

Dominic49
04-11-2006, 04:47 PM
check my site for pics.... just got them up... sorry for the shitty ones didn't have time to sort through them all

Tracy
04-11-2006, 04:49 PM
This past event had more spectators then any other DRIFT event in GA besides Forumula D shit... So until then... Any of you MOFO's can top that go and suck on Ron Jeremy's Dic* until it gets hard.. :eye:

And FYI it will only get better.

yea! Julio is my hero.

Ran
04-11-2006, 06:15 PM
check my site for pics.... just got them up... sorry for the shitty ones didn't have time to sort through them all53 pages or pics? Dayum...

down_shift
04-11-2006, 07:52 PM
Pages but its like 10 per page

sixfifty
04-12-2006, 04:30 PM
getting to this late as usual cuz i work.

as posted by NDSPD:lol of course some feelings were hurt by my post. first of all dg trials on saturday had a way much better track design. (and they didnt have to plan it for months...lol like some of you say Tracy did). Am not saying that the event was not good and well executed. am just saying to improve the judging so we can fiinally see some local good drifting and we dont have to wait for a formula d events to see that. yes we cant have every week drifting but at least make it to a high level drifting every time we have one. i know there are rookies...so i give u a fast solution: have 2 different groups!!!! oh and the red head.....lol dont worry she does that all the time. every person in charge of "security" always think they own the place. see you soon at dg trials at atl motor speedway. p.s. that track will be high speed and it took them like 5 minutes...not months to figure it out. good job. no more posts got more things to do.

DG's event was $150 and invite only. Public events are $90. We Helped provide the cheapest, safest, fairest event anyone has seen in these parts in a very long time if not ever. You want to hype DG and make them look bad (by making claims on their behalf)? mission accomplished. You wanna talk all this shit and not own up to who you are? just a little bitch and I have a pretty good idea who you are. its ok cuz you are finished. you make all these assumptions like you are in the mix, so if you are in the mix them I re-iterate my previous statement. you are finished. If you are not involved the way you portray yourself then you are nothing to begin with.

I am sorry. I can't hold it in. I have no problem saying anything to anyones face. Unlike these bitch ass cowards.

Thank you everyone that worked so hard to bring this together. SO many of you worked harder than I did. The next one will be better. maybe not neccessarily as big but it will be better. What a great start to the season, what a season it is going to be.

Congrats to The guy who won (name escapes me). Marty for finally getting a car to match his skill. Andy always reppin (get stiffer suspension fool!). Dennis Metzger-Martinez-Mertzanis. (thanks for the invite)

quazar
04-12-2006, 11:32 PM
I'd like to post to clarify that DGtrials events are still driver-oriented events and should not be confused as anything else. That has always been our purpose. Drift Fury has done a good job in making an event that worked for both spectators and drivers.

As far as other people's opinions, I totally respect them (positive and negative for DG events) and they should be able to speak their opinions as most can be taken in as aspects of positive constructive criticism so that events can be better for everyone that participates.

I'm never really worried about the image of DG events or any person that chooses to speak on behalf of DGtrials..

Thanks.
Eugene@Dgtrials

sixfifty
04-13-2006, 01:29 PM
I hope my post was not misconstrued as Anti-DG. I am not attacking them or their organization.

quazar
04-13-2006, 07:21 PM
your post was never misconstrued at all. :) i just wanted to clarify that we run our events primarily for driver training and allowing everyone to have a safe environment to learn and practice drifting. Drift Fury provides a good channel for local competition.

thanks..
Eugene@DGtrials