PDA

View Full Version : H22a into an EG hatch

JDMEG6HATCH
04-08-2006, 05:43 PM
Hey do you think if i put a h22a into an eg hatch would be a good swap.
I want to get the most power and a good quarter mile time.
H22a are cheap but the torque is low
or should i go b-series like the gsr or type r?
let me know what you guys think i should swap into an eg.

D16Civic
04-08-2006, 06:23 PM
I think u mean the torque is high, especially compared to that of a b-series.
It would make a good swap tho There should be mounts and everything that you need that can be bought now for the swap. There are a few people on this board that have done it as well. They are pretty quick.

JDMEG6HATCH
04-08-2006, 08:30 PM
i think im gonna do the swap, but when you rebuild the h22a turbo its slower than the b18c turbo in the quarter mile

TeeJay
04-08-2006, 09:47 PM
i think im gonna do the swap, but when you rebuild the h22a turbo its slower than the b18c turbo in the quarter mile

:confused: :dunno:

93H22ACX
04-08-2006, 10:12 PM

:thinking: :dunno:

TeeJay
04-08-2006, 10:32 PM
:thinking: :dunno:

repost

D16Civic
04-08-2006, 11:02 PM
Just curious, but how exactly did you come to that conclusion? I mean, it all depends on the build and the setup of each of the motors.

JDMEG6HATCH
04-08-2006, 11:40 PM
i don't know, but i know somebody who has a b18c turbo and a h22a turbo swap into a eg and the quarter mile time for the eg with a b18c turbo is a little lower than the eg with the h22a. I don't really know maybe the engines were built differently, go figure.

but since you guy's say that an h22a swap is faster im probally going to get a h22a or
a k20a

Evil Goat
04-11-2006, 12:49 PM
b series....h's are paper weights

93H22ACX
04-11-2006, 01:27 PM

care to explain?

RotiEatter
04-11-2006, 01:27 PM
Hey man... I would suggest the H22A over the K20A...

The K20A has better gearing, which makes it quicker... but its a lot more expensive.

The H22A will give you 13's no problem. If you are serious about doing the H22A I've got almost everything to make it super simple for you.

I'm trying to sell hasport mounts, gator axles, lsd tranny, perfect head... everything but a block. It's all for an EG, so you are in luck haha. I've even get the wiring harness to sell you so you can just make it plug and play. Let me know if you are interested. I can save you a ton of money and time.

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55124

RotiEatter
04-11-2006, 01:29 PM
care to explain?

Yeah, he's an idiot and probably thinks the H22A can't do anything. It's okay, its a common misconception.

But seriously, lets nots turn this into a stupid B vs H thread. Its a personal choice.

RotiEatter
04-11-2006, 01:29 PM

check out my parts if you are intereted in going h22

BABY J
04-11-2006, 01:46 PM

WTF?? Over.

BABY J
04-11-2006, 01:52 PM
Hey man... I would suggest the H22A over the K20A...

The K20A has better gearing, which makes it quicker... but its a lot more expensive.

The H22A will give you 13's no problem. If you are serious about doing the H22A I've got almost everything to make it super simple for you.

I'm trying to sell hasport mounts, gator axles, lsd tranny, perfect head... everything but a block. It's all for an EG, so you are in luck haha. I've even get the wiring harness to sell you so you can just make it plug and play. Let me know if you are interested. I can save you a ton of money and time.

BULL. I know u are tryna push ur sale... but even w/ the price for a K, the K will put you WAY ahead of the powercurve than it will w/ the H swap (at the end of the day). You are looking at 12.50s to 13.0s w/ the swap/exhaust. Not to mention the H/B series' are at the end of their development... now that is not saying NEthing b/c there is a TON of aftermarket for these motors. W/ the K gaining popularity, prices are driving down for B/H series, so there is a slight resurgence in these builds. For a turnkey K though, you are where you need to be w/out even crackin' open the block, and can take your time to build it up for boost or N/A. It is more of an initial investment, but it will still be a STOCK motor (key = reliability). Also the H is heavy, so if you wanna canyon carve or autox/road course the H should not be your choice. There is good/bad to all the motors, pick your poison...

Ludester
04-11-2006, 02:01 PM
I say H22a but I'm a little bias.

RotiEatter
04-11-2006, 02:01 PM
BULL. I know u are tryna push ur sale... but even w/ the price for a K, the K will put you WAY ahead of the powercurve than it will w/ the H swap (at the end of the day). You are looking at 12.50s to 13.0s w/ the swap/exhaust. Not to mention the H/B series' are at the end of their development... now that is not saying NEthing b/c there is a TON of aftermarket for these motors. W/ the K gaining popularity, prices are driving down for B/H series, so there is a slight resurgence in these builds. For a turnkey K though, you are where you need to be w/out even crackin' open the block, and can take your time to build it up for boost or N/A. It is more of an initial investment, but it will still be a STOCK motor (key = reliability). Also the H is heavy, so if you wanna canyon carve or autox/road course the H should not be your choice. There is good/bad to all the motors, pick your poison...

Alright man...

I'm trying to push my sale, yes but only to the OP. Why wouldn't I? It's what he wants and its what I have.

But a K-series swap costs more than twice that of a H22A and you can't deny that. The K typically puts down 190-200whp and 140-150tq. The H22A can do 180-190whp and 150-160tq with just a few bolts on as well. The H22A's downfall is the tranismission which is being taken care of now with the H2B kits being released. You can now use B-series trannys with H22's. The Type R is only quicker because of better gearing, so put the ITR tranny on the H22 and watch what happens.

Also the motor is that not heavy and its just a rumor. Ask anyone that rode in my car, they can tell you that it didn't have any trouble turning.

93H22ACX
04-11-2006, 02:05 PM
i think for turbo application, any motor will make power. Just depends on what you want to start off with and how much you want to spend.

I dont know much about NA but there are decently fast H22 NA as well as K20's.

But, for the amount of a K series, i think you can make a H series NA car go just as fast or faster...

of course im being biased :D

BABY J
04-11-2006, 02:06 PM
Alright man...

I'm trying to push my sale, yes but only to the OP. Why wouldn't I? It's what he wants and its what I have.

But a K-series swap costs more than twice that of a H22A and you can't deny that. The K typically puts down 190-200whp and 140-150tq. The H22A can do 180-190whp and 150-160tq with just a few bolts on as well. The H22A's downfall is the tranismission which is being taken care of now with the H2B kits being released. You can now use B-series trannys with H22's. The Type R is only quicker because of better gearing, so put the ITR tranny on the H22 and watch what happens.

Also the motor is that not heavy and its just a rumor. Ask anyone that rode in my car, they can tell you that it didn't have any trouble turning.

Agreed. :) I just want to make sure he makes the best choice... that's all. :) I had a H22 in my EG as well back in the day. If you are doing a budget build, hell yeah shoot for the B/H. If you plan on boosting though, I say the B (just my opinion, there are some GANGSTA boosted H's though). N/A, go B or H. If $$ is not an option though, save, take your time, and go K. I turned quite well in my H powered EG, but if you ask a REAL road racer which is more nimble, it's be the B. If he can get yoru H at a good price I say go for it though.

BABY J
04-11-2006, 02:09 PM
i think for turbo application, any motor will make power. Just depends on what you want to start off with and how much you want to spend.

I dont know much about NA but there are decently fast H22 NA as well as K20's.

But, for the amount of a K series, i think you can make a H series NA car go just as fast or faster...

of course im being biased :D

LOL. I know, you don't count though.. SHOWOFF!!! LOL. There are 250whp Hs out there... I think the B has more N/A developement behind it though. The H is more reliable though (boosted)... there are all kinds of things to consider.

Ludester
04-11-2006, 07:32 PM
h22...

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1376406

Hektik
04-12-2006, 10:21 PM
go h22 and boost it....

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums...ead.php?t=55124

93H22ACX
04-13-2006, 05:30 AM
LOL. I know, you don't count though.. SHOWOFF!!! LOL. There are 250whp Hs out there... I think the B has more N/A developement behind it though. The H is more reliable though (boosted)... there are all kinds of things to consider.

:D no no.. just saying i like h22's. but they are all the same. you can make power in a b, d, h, f, k series. just how much money do you want to spend...thats a question you need to know..(not you BABY J, but the poster or anyone looking for a swap)>

93H22ACX
04-13-2006, 05:33 AM
go h22 and boost it....

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums...ead.php?t=55124.

link dont work...

BABY J
04-13-2006, 01:08 PM
Yeah my next project will be a 300whp boosted D series. Bored. :)

JDMEG6HATCH
04-13-2006, 01:59 PM
hey i heard that if you swap a k20a into an eg you can catch up with a mits. evolution.
I don't know if thats true, but it would be tight.

93H22ACX
04-13-2006, 02:01 PM
sounds good:goodjob:

BABY J
04-13-2006, 02:05 PM
hey i heard that if you swap a k20a into an eg you can catch up with a mits. evolution.
I don't know if thats true, but it would be tight.

k20a + exhaust in a EG(Si) = 12.50s to 13.0s on street tires.