PDA

View Full Version : Airbags

D16Civic
04-08-2006, 03:14 PM
I have a 97 civic and was just wondering if there is some sort of fuel shutoff or something when the airbags are deployed.
Also, would anyone know how much it cost to replace the airbags? (I'm guessing I have to take it to Honda) Oh, and any place that can replace windshields cuz those stupid airbags did nothing but crack my windshield and burn my arm. Not exactly sure why they deployed in the first place seeing as there was no frontal collision, but whatever.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

3kgtdrvr
04-08-2006, 03:37 PM
im not sure, but i dont think there is a fuel shut off, but i know depending on where u go like a dealership or some joe, they like to replace the computer for the airbags sometimes. glag ur ok though

yudalicious
04-08-2006, 03:53 PM
I have a 97 civic and was just wondering if there is some sort of fuel shutoff or something when the airbags are deployed.
Also, would anyone know how much it cost to replace the airbags? (I'm guessing I have to take it to Honda) Oh, and any place that can replace windshields cuz those stupid airbags did nothing but crack my windshield and burn my arm. Not exactly sure why they deployed in the first place seeing as there was no frontal collision, but whatever.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

airbags are expensive up the ass, steering wheel air bag + dash airbag + a control unit...the car is probably totaled. best bet is to find used ones off a junked car and replace em all.

D16Civic
04-08-2006, 04:20 PM
airbags are expensive up the ass, steering wheel air bag + dash airbag + a control unit...the car is probably totaled. best bet is to find used ones off a junked car and replace em all.
Yea, thats what I figured, damn it. It pisses me off since there was really no need for them to go off. Oh well, thanks for the advice.

EmminoDaGreat
04-08-2006, 07:52 PM
what did you do man?

BlkCD5
04-10-2006, 01:32 AM
look on ebay for a set. Thats where i got mine.