PDA

View Full Version : more and more and more and more problems

SPL_Jetta
04-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Well, ever since i got my car back from EPG, its been running just as bad as before, except that I wasted 514 dollars on parts that apparently were not bad. Also they upgraded my ECU to X+, and I cannot be any more pissed off with the results.

I know its not EPG's fault, because when they got done iwth it, it worked fine, but now it acting up again

I dont know if its a combination of small problems causing big problems, but apparently EPG didnt catch them

My problems are as followes
Sparratic Misfire
Sparratic Misfire Cylinder 1
Sparratic Misfire Cylinder 2
Sparratic Misfire Cylinder 3
Sparratic Misfire Cylinder 4
Running lean

thats from the ECU-CEL, here is what I am experiencing

Backfiring when boosting
Backfiring before turbo spooles up
Serious surging problems
Major Loss of power (limp mode more constant)
Spparratic times when it boosts properly (more not than often
Very rough idle

I am about this [ ] close to selling this car because no one is capable of diagnosing the problem.

4dmin
04-07-2006, 02:04 PM
well first off i would never call someone out in public and expect a good response. i can tell you is i would of taken the car straight back to EPG if there was a problem with service they did, i don't know what all you had done to your car there, but the FLASH isn't going to cause all of that.

If you had issues before hand that there were unaware of that isn't the fault of the shop, normally when you take a car in to get work done you go for a specific reason. a faulty MAF can throw misfire mine did the same, it sounds like you need to drop the car off somewhere and leave it till the problems are fixed. If i were you i would take the car back to EPG tell B the issues and have them fix your problems.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

What exactly did EPG work on? If they upgraded you to X+, it was probably b/c there are quite a few known issues with the older software, so it would be difficult even to work on a car with old software b/c tracking down surging/boost issues will be difficult.

Have you changed out your N75 yet? There are a ton of factors that need to be addresses.

SPL_Jetta
04-07-2006, 02:20 PM
well first off i would never call someone out in public and expect a good response. i can tell you is i would of taken the car straight back to EPG if there was a problem with service they did, i don't know what all you had done to your car there, but the FLASH isn't going to cause all of that.

If you had issues before hand that there were unaware of that isn't the fault of the shop, normally when you take a car in to get work done you go for a specific reason. a faulty MAF can throw misfire mine did the same, it sounds like you need to drop the car off somewhere and leave it till the problems are fixed. If i were you i would take the car back to EPG tell B the issues and have them fix your problems.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

What exactly did EPG work on? If they upgraded you to X+, it was probably b/c there are quite a few known issues with the older software, so it would be difficult even to work on a car with old software b/c tracking down surging/boost issues will be difficult.

Have you changed out your N75 yet? There are a ton of factors that need to be addresses.

They replaced my spark plugs, N249, and replaced my Broken N75j valve with a working one. No DTC's were detected for my coil packs, MAF, or anything else other than what I orginally listed, which were misfires.

Its frustrating as hell when no one can tell you what exactly is wrong with your car. This thing has never been anything but problems since day one

4dmin
04-07-2006, 02:36 PM
They replaced my spark plugs, N249, and replaced my Broken N75j valve with a working one. No DTC's were detected for my coil packs, MAF, or anything else other than what I orginally listed, which were misfires.

Its frustrating as hell when no one can tell you what exactly is wrong with your car. This thing has never been anything but problems since day one

Well thats understandable i wouldn't take the tone though that its EPG fault, they my be the only guys who can help. Call up there try to speak with Brian explain the situation and what you've done since. If you don't hear back from him PM me monday i'll call him personally and get you square w/ him. :goodjob:

SPL_Jetta
04-07-2006, 04:42 PM
He actually called me back after I left a message to speak with him, and told him that I might be taking it in on next friday, and i have decided since then that thats what im going to do. Ill call him monday to make sure that he can take me. This stupid car is tearing my freakin family apart, its just costing us soo much to get it fixed

4dmin
04-07-2006, 05:39 PM
sucks man welcome to the world of euros ;)

Allstar3.8T
04-07-2006, 07:33 PM
Also they upgraded my ECU to X+, and I cannot be any more pissed off with the results.

Backfiring when boosting
Backfiring before turbo spooles up
Serious surging problems
Major Loss of power (limp mode more constant)
Spparratic times when it boosts properly (more not than often
Very rough idle

Like Paul always said, GIAC OWNZ YOUZ!!
Nah, all in fun, if you are close to stn mtn area, Assist Racing is VERY good at VW installs, and trouble shooting. Scott is the guy to talk w/ there. He fixed my tranny that every shop in ATL couldnt figure out, and he also did Jamels (team ECI GTI) Vr6-T. He's good!!
Nothing against EPG, I was pleased with them also, they charged me little, maybe too little out of niceness for my situation then, but Scott at Assist ended up w/ the tranny in his hands, and found that one in a million problem.
Something is hay-wire in the computer or a module, just too mant computer controlled probs throwing codes.

SPL_Jetta
04-08-2006, 06:16 PM
something just hit me. . .a MAF that got completely soaked would not work anymore right? B/c i think mine was. . .long story. . .thats what im thinking. However wouldnt a bad MAF show up on a diagnostic or no, or can it depend?

Decker1.8t
04-09-2006, 12:28 PM
what did it get soaked in? A bad MAF usually would show up through symptoms (i.e. misfires, rough idle, loss of power, etc.)

4dmin
04-09-2006, 05:27 PM
maf can show up as many different things and is the cause of many different things.

SPL_Jetta
04-09-2006, 09:21 PM
Looks like I have found my problem, only other concern I have is this.

Just to make sure that im not overlooking anything, could the MAF be throwing all the codes, i mean airflow is LIFE on these cars, so im thinking it might be.

Seriously, anyone have an 01 1.8t? Can I borrow your MAF for 5 mins?