PDA

View Full Version : Why Do/Don't you street race????

PhAtBoYMr2
04-07-2006, 09:37 AM
As the title states, why do you street race? why dont you street race??

-I street race because it relives alot of stress of the everyday world and i have enjoyed racing since i was a small child, used to race everything from Go karts, Dirtbikes, mongoose bicycles, whatever i could get moving.... I did it for the feeling.

Oh and any fast and furious quoteables will be negative repped.

shoot!

B16a2 Civic
04-07-2006, 09:42 AM
itd oesnt matter if you win by an inc.....nevermind
i dont street race cause i drive a civic
i do street race against similiar cars cause i have b16a2

Slowboy
04-07-2006, 09:44 AM
I have street raced, its fun, gets you pumped, but alot of things can go wrong. Cops wrecks, stuff like that, and plus everytime someone street races down in columbus they come back and say stuff like, I had a bad start, i bogged out, i missed a gear, lol I forgot to open my bottle.hahaha, and of course lets run 2 out of 3, runs to car, lets air out front tires, psshhhhhhh

BTEC
04-07-2006, 09:46 AM
i just watch. ive done a few pulls on the highwa, like 60 to 120 or so but thats about it.

babygurl
04-07-2006, 09:49 AM
Hmmm one reason I dont have a fast car....But I dont do it, because of the risk...Cops...getting arrested....license suspended....and fines...oh wrecks..Not worth it to me...People should do it at the track Safer...

B16a2 Civic
04-07-2006, 09:51 AM
wait are we talkin organized or like promtu street races like if someone pulls up next to you or whatever

St0lenR
STREET RACING IS BAD AND ILLEGAL AND ANYONE WHOE DOES IT SHOULD BE THROWN IN JAIL!!!

PhAtBoYMr2
wait are we talkin organized or like promtu street races like if someone pulls up next to you or whatever

both, however you do it, its street racing.

BTEC
04-07-2006, 09:52 AM
Hmmm one reason I dont have a fast car....But I dont do it, because of the risk...Cops...getting arrested....license suspended....and fines...oh wrecks..Not worth it to me...People should do it at the track Safer...
exactly. my license has been suspended once, cops dnt like me bc im so gangstuh, ive wrecked my car 3 times already so i dnt feel like risking that. im too mad to go to jail ne way.

Jimmy B
used to a lil bit... realized it was stupid, gave the car away, drive a truck now..

the only racing i do, is on my skates

B16a2 Civic
both, however you do it, its street racing.

oh, i drive a lil over the speed limit sometimes with someone besides me, not often though, gas prices are too high to open up teh throttle like that

Nemesis
04-07-2006, 09:53 AM
Ill admit, a year or so back I used to do nothing but run on streets or private roads near where I live. And to be completely honest with you Id do it again, as long as I knew the other person and knew the roads. There is no traffic at all when I run.

All you folks that hate street racers, gotta realize tracks are at least an hour and half from most of us. It takes me about 1 hour and 45 to get to Reynolds. Never been to Commerce though since Reynolds is a faster track where I can get more runs in. They shut down the Dallas 1/8 track as well this year. People complain about street racing, well if you want to help combat it, build more tracks, simple as that. Or even better, have police enforced street night runs and block off roads, and have it monitored by police! Even do a charge of 10 dollars, and im sure youd get lots of extra money for the budget and provide a safe legal outlet for running someone.

Before someone jumps on my shit about street racing, I go to the drag strips, and I have gone to a road course. All of which were a long way away and ended up spending tons of money on gas.

Slowboy
04-07-2006, 09:53 AM

I was wondering that to, cause organized, is alot different then someone pulling up at a light, I do that every now and then, but being i dont have a car that moves faster then i run now im kinda screwed.

Slowboy
04-07-2006, 09:58 AM
Ill admit, a year or so back I used to do nothing but run on streets or private roads near where I live. And to be completely honest with you Id do it again, as long as I knew the other person and knew the roads. There is no traffic at all when I run.

All you folks that hate street racers, gotta realize tracks are at least an hour and half from most of us. It takes me about 1 hour and 45 to get to Reynolds. Never been to Commerce though since Reynolds is a faster track where I can get more runs in. They shut down the Dallas 1/8 track as well this year. People complain about street racing, well if you want to help combat it, build more tracks, simple as that. Or even better, have police enforced street night runs and block off roads, and have it monitored by police! Even do a charge of 10 dollars, and im sure youd get lots of extra money for the budget and provide a safe legal outlet for running someone.

Before someone jumps on my shit about street racing, I go to the drag strips, and I have gone to a road course. All of which were a long way away and ended up spending tons of money on gas.

That would be the day,when cops block of roads and charge us 10 ducks to get in, and race, but then would that really happen I think not, police flip out over my truck barking a slight chirp at a light and threaten to throw my ass in jail, and now that cops been on my ass for the last week, being my truck sticks out.

HyPer50
04-07-2006, 10:07 AM
Eh, not sure what kind street races your referring to... I've never (nor plan to) been to an organized meet like that.. I mean if I run into someone and they want to run, and we're in a decent area, sure. Or I've got a few places to take it to.

JustinSane110™
04-07-2006, 10:08 AM

shoot!
Why do I street race? Because for those 10 seconds or less... I'm free. I also like when people pull up next to me and ask what the retail on one of those is, then one of my homeboys be ridin shotgun mean muggin muthafuckas the whole time before giving me the go ahead to race while Saliva plays in the background. Yo Mark, I heard you were looking for NOS, 2 of the big bottles... by tonight... :lmfao:

Come on homey, like I told you before, I'd be more than happy to trade neg. reps with you and see who comes out ahead. YOU MY BOY MARK!!! :D

12 SEC FTW YOU DUMB SON OF A BITCH!!! :lmfao: :lmfao:

Bajjani
04-07-2006, 10:10 AM
I live my life a quarter mile at a time!!

omghey!

i dont street race because i dont feel a need to endanger others so i can get my jollys off and i have a 4banger w/cold air intake puttin out mayb 170 so winning would mean about as much as winning a competition in the special olympics...even if you win you are still retarded

oh yea, i used it..the over used sped comment..its been spoken

Ran
04-07-2006, 10:10 AM
I used to race a lot but I'm trying to cool it down. Too many tickets and I can't afford to have this car impounded since I'm still paying for it.

B16a2 Civic
04-07-2006, 10:11 AM
i didn't know Reynolds was so close to Columbus

Halfwit
04-07-2006, 10:15 AM
i will race at a place where there is no ppl and we know we can run safely. and occasionally on a raod when someone pulls up.. i will never endanger the lives of others who choose not to be a part of it.

mainly i am in agreemant with nemesis

Tiff-O-Bitties
04-07-2006, 10:21 AM
cause i have a slow cavy?

SniperJoe
04-07-2006, 10:21 AM
I don't race because I had a good friend of mine die in a street race. He was racing a Civic in his supercharged Corvette, hit some standing water on the road and hit a tree backwards, rupturing his fuel tank. His passenger managed to get out before the car caught fire, but my friend wasn't so lucky. I could go into more graphic details, but I won't.

Dirty Octopus™
04-07-2006, 10:36 AM
I'll occasionally have spirited runs on the streets every now and then but nothing too extreme.

dont wanna go to jail again, cuz that sux butt through a straw :goodjob:

PhAtBoYMr2
04-07-2006, 10:39 AM
I don't race because I had a good friend of mine die in a street race. He was racing a Civic in his supercharged Corvette, hit some standing water on the road and hit a tree backwards, rupturing his fuel tank. His passenger managed to get out before the car caught fire, but my friend wasn't so lucky. I could go into more graphic details, but I won't.

Sorry to hear about your friend. R.I.P

But maybe all the risk involved in street racing adds to the thrill, excitement, and fun factor of it. Thats why we do it. Thats why street racing has been around for a few decades. Its never going to stop, It really never can stop. Despite all the risk,bodily harm,and increased punishments street racing hasnt stopped. And i dont think it ever will.

TeeJay
04-07-2006, 10:43 AM
we used to street race all the time at business parks around town here in charlotte. there are a few where u can get all the way through 3rd, maybe 4th. but then it got waayy to hot to the point where the cops were bringin out the helicopters and shit, and hiding in the bushes lol. i think some ricers still go out and do it but no real cars ever come out anymore

PhAtBoYMr2
04-07-2006, 10:44 AM
Why do I street race? Because for those 10 seconds or less... I'm free. I also like when people pull up next to me and ask what the retail on one of those is, then one of my homeboys be ridin shotgun mean muggin muthafuckas the whole time before giving me the go ahead to race while Saliva plays in the background. Yo Mark, I heard you were looking for NOS, 2 of the big bottles... by tonight... :lmfao:

Come on homey, like I told you before, I'd be more than happy to trade neg. reps with you and see who comes out ahead. YOU MY BOY MARK!!! :D

12 SEC FTW YOU DUMB SON OF A BITCH!!! :lmfao: :lmfao:

I'M CHARLIE MURPHY MUTTTHA FUCKKKAAAAA :slap:

JustinSane110™
04-07-2006, 10:48 AM
I'M CHARLIE MURPHY MUTTTHA FUCKKKAAAAA :slap:
DAAAAARKNESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! HAHAHA

chnco
04-07-2006, 11:39 AM
So has anyone seen me on the Cobb County Public Access channel speaking about street racing?

PhAtBoYMr2
04-07-2006, 11:42 AM
So has anyone seen me on the Cobb County Public Access channel speaking about street racing?

no allen, you got that shit on tape?

chnco
04-07-2006, 11:43 AM
no, but it comes on every other day I hear.

PhAtBoYMr2
04-07-2006, 11:44 AM
haha, ill look out for it, good times last night man, too bad the supra wasnt out...i wanted to see it.

BlkCD5
04-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Reasons I don't street race anymore.

1) it tears up shit on my car

2) I"d like to keep my license for once

3) I don't want to be raped further by insurance considering my driving record. :o

{X}Echo419
04-07-2006, 01:25 PM
As the title states, why do you street race? why dont you street race??

-I street race because it relives alot of stress of the everyday world and i have enjoyed racing since i was a small child, used to race everything from Go karts, Dirtbikes, mongoose bicycles, whatever i could get moving.... I did it for the feeling.

shoot!

reality checking Highschool kids. :cheers:

dodgekota
04-07-2006, 01:41 PM
Reasons I dont street race...

My truck is slow.

SixSquared
04-07-2006, 01:42 PM
I don't street race because once you've smelled what burning human flesh, burning plastic, and burning fuel smells like, you never want anything to do with it again. Just the thought of the sheer number of stupid people makes me sick to my stomach... Why street race when it's SO easy to go to the track?

And for those of you who are wondering wtf I'm talking about, I was street racing in Birmingham, AL with my friend Kevin back when I was 17 (turbo D15 frankenstein ftw). There were a TON of car there, like literally standing room only, about 3 inches between cars, and we were all running and having a grand old time. A guy in a mustang had been having some fuel pressure/fuel line issues, but was running anyways. He was parked on the side, in close proximity with other cars, pulling on the throttle cable, trying to find out where the gas smell was coming from. The engine blew, like fireball blew, with him standing over the bay. The nissan next to him was bodykitted and had a cf hood, and the intensity of the blow melted the cf hood, then caught the whole front end of the car on fire. No way to put it out, and it ended up doing the same type of fireball explosion out of the bay. 2 cars destroyed, 3 people dead, couple of injuries. And yes, everyone just fucking left. Too fucking concerned about their own ass to even try to help. Me and like 4 other people were there when the cops got there. I remember hearing the phone calls being made to parents (one kid who died was like 16) asking them to come to the police station, and simply that there was an accident. The other girl who died could have been saved if we were not so far on the outskirts of town... IE if an ambulance could have gotten there within 10 minutes.. It took them almost 30 mins to find us.

After living through that, I don't want anything to do with it. Pulling people on the highway is all good fun and whatnot, but the whole idea of going somewhere with the intent of running is stupid. Like, really stupid.

quickdodge®
04-07-2006, 03:18 PM
To the idiots that say the race because there are no close tracks around. That's bullshit and a cop-out. If you can't afford to do it legally, then do something else. If you can't take the time to drive to a legal drag spot, then you should take the time to find another hobby. That's all I'll say. I've been in too many arguements on the idiocy of streetracing. Later, QD.

Stormhammer
04-07-2006, 03:40 PM
simply put - dont want to put my life, nor that of others at that much of a risk

JITB
04-07-2006, 03:48 PM
im street racing right now as we speak.

Stormhammer
04-07-2006, 03:55 PM
OH SHIT HERE COMES THE VEEEEEEEATTACK!

SixSquared
04-07-2006, 04:03 PM
To the idiots that say the race because there are no close tracks around. That's bullshit and a cop-out. If you can't afford to do it legally, then do something else. If you can't take the time to drive to a legal drag spot, then you should take the time to find another hobby. That's all I'll say. I've been in too many arguements on the idiocy of streetracing. Later, QD.

Word... I find it interesting that people can't afford to shell out $15 for the track, but they can afford to put thousands under the hood.

Brett
04-07-2006, 04:22 PM
I dont because

A) My car is slow
B) Not worth the risk of killing myself or someone else on the road

Hulud
04-07-2006, 05:12 PM
i dont street race
1) my cars not fast enough for a ticket
2) dont wnat to lose my liscense already had a cop try to pin it on me once
3) dont feel like killing people

TeeJay
04-07-2006, 05:28 PM
i admit, i used to be an immature fuck that didnt care about anything. i would race anybody any time, any place. granted, most of the time it was at the organized races in business parks and quiet streets, but it was still dangerous. i had more than a few close calls. but now im 25, have about 20+ tickets under my belt, and realize it just isnt worth it.

TheSnail
04-07-2006, 06:08 PM
I street race because wrecking or getting a ticket is not going to happen to me. Kind of like me smoking cigarettes. I see other people getting cancer, but thats them, I wont get cancer. So basically I think I'm immortal, and I have computer speed reflexes, so its impossible for me to make an error. Now for allot of the normal people. Street racing can be both dangerous to themselves and others.

tattoodlude
04-07-2006, 07:38 PM
"I live my life a quarter pounder at a time and for those 5000 calories I am free.."

I don't race b/c I know that I have a family and I am so worried about there well being that I would not ever want to hurt someone elses fam....
That and I know that if someone where to hit my wifes car racing they better hope that I am not in it, b/c all I live for is my wife and kids and I would give my life for theres in the blink of an eye.

xLSTONEx
04-07-2006, 07:58 PM
Reason I don't race:

Its usually stock civics that try to mess with me and I don't even want to waste my gas.
Dangerous since most people don't know what they are doing.
People die....
Don't want a major ticket or go to jail again.
And mainly know one can mess with my insanely amount of horsepower (check the sig).

dodgekota
04-07-2006, 09:36 PM

:yay: :goodjob: Well said.

IronEagle
04-07-2006, 10:07 PM
I don't because insuring three vehicles is expensive enough. Not worth it. Now 10+ years ago used to get into some wild stuff.

David88vert
04-07-2006, 10:26 PM
I don't street race anymore because I literally don't have time (work, wife, etc).

Hektik
04-07-2006, 10:43 PM
I do street race cuz im a dum sumbitch who doesnt care about any other mother fuckers life......

not really...
I do however drive my car like the good lord intended as fast as she'll go but then again it just another little civic so im not doing mach 3 or anything like that...but I do like getting on it here and there

Dragonfly5338
04-07-2006, 11:40 PM
I don't because I don't want to go to jail (again) or lose my license (again!)

I will fool around on the street with tray or friends, from time to time.

HiPSI
04-07-2006, 11:44 PM
I will fool around on the street with tray or friends, from time to time.

keep it in the bedroom... fooling around on the street is super dangerous and can cause blindness.

TheSnail
04-07-2006, 11:59 PM
keep it in the bedroom... fooling around on the street is super dangerous and can cause blindness.

Holy shit ! *puts keys away*

Dragonfly5338
04-08-2006, 12:12 AM

you're a dumbass, erin, LOL! :eye:

nightracer
04-08-2006, 12:56 AM
I don't streetrace right now because my car is down and its pointless to even try in a jetta.

David88vert
04-08-2006, 07:02 AM
I don't street race because once you've smelled what burning human flesh, burning plastic, and burning fuel smells like, you never want anything to do with it again. Just the thought of the sheer number of stupid people makes me sick to my stomach... Why street race when it's SO easy to go to the track?

Hmm, I've seen and smelled it at the track (Commerce). It does happen. Does that mean that I should want to go to the track again? That I should only street race? Just food for thought. People think that the track is safe..... only for the spectators. And not always then. I'm not saying don't go to the track, just know that it has the same risks, so take precautions - just like you should take precautions if you choose to street race.....

quickdodge®
04-08-2006, 07:41 AM
just know that it has the same risks, so take precautions - just like you should take precautions if you choose to street race.....

The risks are definitely not the same. There are much greater risks is streetracing. You have other cars, other people and a quite a bit more surroundings to deal with it when you dumb yourself down to streetracing. You can't take precaustions when you streetrace. What are you going to do, tell other motorists to get off of I-20 so you and someone else can take a run down it? Or Buford Hwy? Later, QD.