v3rd1g0
04-06-2006, 02:17 PM
that's hilarious

Ran
Steroids FTW :D

MongolPup
P.S. vert I don't need that chip overclocked anymore.

CSquared
04-06-2006, 02:20 PM
didnt he hit 40-something homeruns that season? Fucking steroids.

thinkfast®
04-06-2006, 02:32 PM
Bonds averaged about 25 HR w/ Pittsburgh homey... 16 his rookie year, then went to San Fran in '93 and hasnt hit under 33HR since

CSquared
04-06-2006, 02:35 PM
Yeah i was being a dick with the 40 hrs. Regardless, you've got to love a guy who can make a career out of taking drugs.

Biggest douche was mcgwire i think... Notice how fast his career went down the tubes once they caught him.

Niger
04-06-2006, 02:35 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/1234BAGS/barrybonds.jpg

thats not barry bonds, thats my cousin!

{X}Echo419
04-06-2006, 02:39 PM
I've never heard anyone say he was never good. but the guy avg. 33 hrs a year and the jumps to from 49 to 73!? come on.

Hulud
04-06-2006, 05:31 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/1234BAGS/barrybonds.jpg
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
+10000000000000000000000000 or how ever many i can give

HeLLo iM iZzY
04-06-2006, 05:39 PM
whoaaa

HyPer50
04-06-2006, 05:39 PM
Yeah i was being a dick with the 40 hrs. Regardless, you've got to love a guy who can make a career out of taking drugs.

Biggest douche was mcgwire i think... Notice how fast his career went down the tubes once they caught him.

The difference between Bonds and McGwire is that Bonds is a damn good baseball player even without the strength. He was a multiple time gold glover and was one of the best at stealing bases in his leaner days. And back then he still didn't have problems grabbin' HR's. Even if Bonds never did get bigger (steroids or whatever) he still would of had a hall of fame career. Big difference between him and McGwire heh.

As for the "rookie card", I happen to remember seeing him play a couple times back when he was with the Pirates... and he definatly wasn't that skinny lol. He's always been Chipper Jones size or bigger.

Hulud
04-06-2006, 05:45 PM
Even if Bonds never did get bigger (steroids or whatever) he still would of had a hall of fame career.
no he didnt gold gloves dont mean shit when it comes to hall of fame

everyone and their mothers put their :2cents: in on how a certain player is hall of fame bound i mean if every player that the analysts say should be in the hall of fame half of the players playing right now would be getting in

bonds was a good player before roids
now hes just another meathead

HyPer50
04-06-2006, 05:53 PM
no he didnt gold gloves dont mean shit when it comes to hall of fame

everyone and their mothers put their :2cents: in on how a certain player is hall of fame bound i mean if every player that the analysts say should be in the hall of fame half of the players playing right now would be getting in

bonds was a good player before roids
now hes just another meathead

You don't think Barry Bonds was Hall of Fame worthy prior to 2001??? He was the best Left fielder of the 90's.

Hulud
04-06-2006, 05:57 PM
You don't think Barry Bonds was Hall of Fame worthy prior to 2001??? He was the best Left fielder of the 90's.
best left fielder of that 90s shouldnt get you in the hall
there were no good left fielders then

this is what is dumb about analysts that they think that because someone was the best at their position during a time span where everyone else was mediocre that they should be in the hall

HyPer50
04-06-2006, 06:08 PM
best left fielder of that 90s shouldnt get you in the hall
there were no good left fielders then

this is what is dumb about analysts that they think that because someone was the best at their position during a time span where everyone else was mediocre that they should be in the hall

Just answer the question and stop trying to make a political point lmao. Bonds is hall of fame worthy, it doesn't matter if all the other left fielders of the time weren't worth a shit, that doesn't take away at him being excellent. I mean, if Bonds isn't Hall of Fame worthy, I can't think of a single player from the 90's/00's (thus far) that should go in ahead of him, not a single one.

Hulud
04-06-2006, 06:19 PM
Just answer the question and stop trying to make a political point lmao. Bonds is hall of fame worthy, it doesn't matter if all the other left fielders of the time weren't worth a shit, that doesn't take away at him being excellent. I mean, if Bonds isn't Hall of Fame worthy, I can't think of a single player from the 90's/00's (thus far) that should go in ahead of him, not a single one.
i have answered the question in both my previous posts :eye:
maybe you should get off his unusually small nuts and realize HE WAS ONLY GOOD, and now isnt any good of a PLAYER

no other players should go into the hall before him? WTF?
Nolan Ryan?
Roger Clemens?
Cal Ripken?
just to name a few, your going to be that ignorant and say bonds is a better PLAYER than them? :screwy:

HyPer50
04-06-2006, 06:57 PM
i have answered the question in both my previous posts :eye:
maybe you should get off his unusually small nuts and realize HE WAS ONLY GOOD, and now isnt any good of a PLAYER

no other players should go into the hall before him? WTF?
Nolan Ryan?
Roger Clemens?
Cal Ripken?
just to name a few, your going to be that ignorant and say bonds is a better PLAYER than them? :screwy:

Yes, he is, and believe it or not, he is still a great player. For being his age and having 2 bad knee's, he is still a damn good player. Just cause the man may have done steroids or some form of muscle enhancers, I dont believe that should take away from his talent or legend. Sure you can put a * next to his name if he's ever found guilty, but he is still the best player of the 90's. And I'm not hanging on his nuts, I've been a Bonds fan since back in 92 when the Braves played the pirates in the playoffs.

Hulud
04-06-2006, 07:10 PM
Yes, he is, and believe it or not, he is still a great player.
how? he cant run anymore, he doesnt play everyday, the only thing hes good for is hitting

For being his age and having 2 bad knee's, he is still a damn good player. Just cause the man may have done steroids or some form of muscle enhancers, I dont believe that should take away from his talent or legend. Sure you can put a * next to his name if he's ever found guilty,
what do you mean? did you miss the memo? he admitted to useing steroids

but he is still the best player of the 90's. And I'm not hanging on his nuts, I've been a Bonds fan since back in 92 when the Braves played the pirates in the playoffs.
actually you are hanging on his nuts, it doesnt matter how long you been a fan your still hanging on his nuts like hes the best, hes not

HyPer50
04-06-2006, 07:26 PM
how? he cant run anymore, he doesnt play everyday, the only thing hes good for is hitting

How's that make him any different than "Big Papi" David Ortiz, the runner up for MVP last year? He can hit better than Ortiz, and unlike Ortiz, Bonds can still field pretty good. Not to mention he's fuckin' 11 years older than him.

Bonds is almost 42 years old, old enough to be some of the current MLB players dad, and still whoopin' ass. It's just my opinion tho, so you can think I'm a "nut hugger" all you want, he, like Michael Vick, is the most exciting player to watch in his sport. Atleast when it comes to batting.

CSquared
04-06-2006, 10:09 PM
I'd like someone to beat hank aarons record... even if it is that lying steriod taking douchebag. :)

{X}Echo419
04-07-2006, 06:25 AM
How's that make him any different than "Big Papi" David Ortiz, the runner up for MVP last year? He can hit better than Ortiz, and unlike Ortiz, Bonds can still field pretty good. Not to mention he's fuckin' 11 years older than him.

Bonds is almost 42 years old, old enough to be some of the current MLB players dad, and still whoopin' ass. It's just my opinion tho, so you can think I'm a "nut hugger" all you want, he, like Michael Vick, is the most exciting player to watch in his sport. Atleast when it comes to batting.

Bonds has been a <avg fielder for a few years now. the mo' fo' is so big he has to turn sideways to catch the ball. O, and you know why all his joints are going to shit? it's the damned juice. his tendons and ligaments can't keep up with his muscle growth or they just wern't meant to handle him being that big.
btw: the only Vick is exciting to watch is when he takes off running you're sitting on the edge of your seat waiting to see if he fumbles or not. :cheers: