PDA

View Full Version : Advice?

Kourt
04-05-2006, 07:50 PM
So I want a civic or prelude and I found a 2002 honda civic with less then 60k miles on it for 8,200. The problem is the guys ex girlfriend hit something in it, its not bad but the front bumper needs to be replaced because it cracked off in the middle. But the radiator is pushed in in a little place, would that cause any problems? Does it need to be replaced ASAP? And the A/C is leaking freon which is probably from the condensor by the radiator and stuff. So I guess What I'm asking is, is it worth $8200? I've already priced the AC fix and it will be about $400.

3kgtdrvr
04-05-2006, 10:07 PM
it could cause a problem if the tubing inside is bent or kinked, but its possible its ok depending on how bad its bent up. If it doesnt leak, it could still be bent up enough inside to restrict flow and long story short, then ur probably gonna be lookin into like a b16 swap lol Replacing a radiator is not a big job, and if u do ur own work then u could easily make out with a good deal on the car, but i dont know much about hondas and pricing of them so ill leave it to someone else to make that call. Either way its ur own decision iif u feel the car is worth it.

yudalicious
04-06-2006, 12:49 AM
So I want a civic or prelude and I found a 2002 honda civic with less then 60k miles on it for 8,200. The problem is the guys ex girlfriend hit something in it, its not bad but the front bumper needs to be replaced because it cracked off in the middle. But the radiator is pushed in in a little place, would that cause any problems? Does it need to be replaced ASAP? And the A/C is leaking freon which is probably from the condensor by the radiator and stuff. So I guess What I'm asking is, is it worth $8200? I've already priced the AC fix and it will be about $400.

www.kbb.com, enter in the information, then subtract estimates you get on the damage, take it to the guy and show him.

Hektik
04-06-2006, 12:54 AM
really depends on what ur looking for but there are some pretty decent cars on here for less....or ones that are way better for just a little more....not including what it would cost to fix that one....