PDA

View Full Version : Porsche Boxster S vs Nissan 350z

Speedm0(\)key
04-26-2005, 04:01 PM
old man in a silver boxster S is driving behind me, and we both catch a light on peachtree industrial blvd. he pulls to the right lane and gives me a look.. and smirks... so i could tell he was going to show off his porsche .. and i decided id give him a good run, lights is about to turn green... i keep the rpms around 3k... and my hands are gripping the leather on the steering wheel.. i can hear his boxer 6 revving in the background.. and pow.. light turns green.. i slight slip/he dumps.. he spinning and a little ahead.. and then i dump completely i slingshot ahead with tires chirping loudly, grabbed 2nd as soon as my shiftlight alerted me.. and spun/chirped .. he's about a half a car back, 3rd.. i let out a little chirp.... and now i am ahead by about one car.. slam 4th in and im pulling...

anyway.. put 2 cars on him by 120mph :idb:

IndianStig
04-26-2005, 04:06 PM
NICE Kill. But the older Boxsters arent that fast. However in the last comparo by Motortrend, the boxster came in first and the 350z lost.

JITB
04-26-2005, 04:22 PM
^^none of that matters^^

IndianStig
04-26-2005, 04:28 PM
Yes I know, just pointing out. And I would buy the 350Z and with the money left over get the stage 3 stillen superchager. Then I would be as fast as a 911 Turbo. Then with that mone left over id.....
the list is endless, the point is the 350z is a nice ass car.

JITB
04-26-2005, 04:32 PM
Id buy a rx8..i still love em even tho their supposedly slow..

*thread jack*

IndianStig
04-26-2005, 06:10 PM
^^To bad your broke now.

Sport1.3
04-26-2005, 06:41 PM
how are G35 compared to Z's?? i can dust G35's all day but ive never run a Z

JITB
04-26-2005, 06:58 PM
^^To bad your broke now.
cant a boy dream...

i think the g35's and Z's are the same...maybe the G weighs more? i dont know.

IndianStig
04-26-2005, 07:06 PM
The G35 sedan Auto is Definately faster ten the 350z Auto.
I was riding in the backseat of the (2004)G35 with 4 other people and a 350Z Auto was following us to the game. Then we stopped at BK and on the way out the the Z and the G (ha that rhymes) were next to each other at the going onto I85 they both floored it an the G was on the outside lane, the Z came up quick and was 2 cars ahead but then the lane cut into one and there was a huge shoulder so we just flew by him on the shoulder and cut back in front, at 95mph we were even but at 120mph the Z was ahead by 1 car or so.

But we wer on the downhill so maybe thats why, but I would still love the Z's

gtikid
04-26-2005, 08:54 PM
old man in a silver boxster S is driving behind me, and we both catch a light on peachtree industrial blvd. he pulls to the right lane and gives me a look.. and smirks... so i could tell he was going to show off his porsche .. and i decided id give him a good run, lights is about to turn green... i keep the rpms around 3k... and my hands are gripping the leather on the steering wheel.. i can hear his boxer 6 revving in the background.. and pow.. light turns green.. i slight slip/he dumps.. he spinning and a little ahead.. and then i dump completely i slingshot ahead with tires chirping loudly, grabbed 2nd as soon as my shiftlight alerted me.. and spun/chirped .. he's about a half a car back, 3rd.. i let out a little chirp.... and now i am ahead by about one car.. slam 4th in and im pulling...

anyway.. put 2 cars on him by 120mph :idb:

and then you had to save GT4 to your memory card b/c you had to leave huh? haha jk...i think i saw that same porsche somewhere around that area today too

Tracer
04-26-2005, 09:18 PM
Old men in high performance cars make me laugh. All that money they spent in a car and they can't even drive.

Speedm0(\)key
04-27-2005, 03:16 AM
Yes I know, just pointing out. And I would buy the 350Z and with the money left over get the stage 3 stillen superchager. Then I would be as fast as a 911 Turbo. Then with that mone left over id.....

the last porsche boxster S wasnt really slow, i mean it was a high 13 second car

the best way to go on the Z is turbo

i have seen G35 6mt coupes hit 14.0's trapping around 95-98 mph

and i have also seen Z's hit 13.6 trappin from 101-104 mph

i have not taken my car to the track as of yet, but on gtech i run 13.5xx's all day :D

RotiEatter
04-27-2005, 10:32 AM
I laugh at people that own high performance cars [like a STi] and can't even do their own work. That's funny to me.

WINDSOR
04-27-2005, 07:32 PM
I laugh at people that own high performance cars [like a STi] and can't even do their own work. That's funny to me.

bwhahhahah....boxer engine owns you sucka!

Tracer
04-27-2005, 10:06 PM

Who cares if they don't do their own work, all it matter is who's down the track the fastest. So that's funny to me. :D

mogallo
04-27-2005, 10:10 PM
Old men in high performance cars make me laugh.

So youre calling a Boxter S high performance??

Look at the boxter s for what it really is - an EXPENSIVE PIECE OF SHIT.

The 350z is faster than the G35 btw.

Tracer
04-27-2005, 10:12 PM
[QUOTE=mogallo]So youre calling a Boxter S high performance??

I totally agree with you on that. LOL

Tracer
04-27-2005, 10:13 PM
[QUOTE=mogallo]So youre calling a Boxter S high performance??

I totally agree with you on that. LOL

JITB
04-27-2005, 10:14 PM
Eh its a nice car... POS far from it...

its a different class of car. Porsche's are high performance...why wouldnt you think any different.

mogallo
04-27-2005, 10:24 PM
Eh its a nice car... POS far from it...

its a different class of car. Porsche's are high performance...why wouldnt you think any different.

What kind of numbers does your little "high performance" porsche put out???

I'm too lazy to go look them up. Its slow. Its NOT high performance.

If you drive a Porsche boxter you had BETTER not be of the MALE gender. And if you are... there's a term for that - i believe the term is "FAG"

JITB
04-27-2005, 10:33 PM
Slow...is a NA supra.

04 boxster S, is 258hp - 229tq and weighs 2900lbs...and probrably can out handle anythign in this thread. Id drive a boxster...i wish i had one.

Tracer
04-27-2005, 10:35 PM
Slow...is a NA supra.

04 boxster S, is 258hp - 229tq and weighs 2900lbs...and probrably can out handle anythign in this thread. Id drive a boxster...i wish i had one.

You said anything on this thread??? I don't think so.

JITB
04-27-2005, 10:39 PM
probrably.....when u race one on a track let us alll know.

Tracer
04-27-2005, 10:40 PM
Yeah it ran a low 14......I'm pretty sure that's not a good time

JITB
04-27-2005, 10:41 PM
HOw many turns are there on a drag strip...

Tracer
04-27-2005, 10:42 PM
I don't care about turns or no turns.......there are tons of cars out there that would kill a Boxster S on any track.

mogallo
04-27-2005, 10:43 PM
Slow...is a NA supra.

True, NA Supra is slow - I'm sure glad i dont have one. Please refer to your suffix guide to find out what "T" stands for.

Keep in mind that those numbers you just gave are power at the FLYWHEEL.

Put the boxter up against a REAL high performance car at the track and let me know how things turn out.....

You wish you had one huh??? Please refer to the vocabulary term posted above.

If youre not smart enough to get that.... YES I AM CALLING YOU A FAG.

JITB
04-27-2005, 10:48 PM
Well, that was what the convo was about...

"a boxster S can probrably out handle any car in this thread"

remember?

BUt like i said the boxster is a high performance vehicle, thats all porsche makes, is performance vehicles. been doin it longer than, Subaru - TOyota -honda and mazda. how many cars could kill a STI on the track...who cares. i never said boxster S awas a god among vehicles. Just dont agree with a guy who bought a NA supra saying its a POS..garbage vehicle.

Mr_S13®
04-27-2005, 10:48 PM
Slow...is a NA supra.

He said in this thread, and I have to agree. The boxster is an extremely well balanced car. They are excellent track cars and anyone who disagrees should research a little more.

Tracer
04-27-2005, 10:51 PM
Aren't forums fun.......we can discuss all we want but, really no one is really right. Its all in what you like.. lol

JITB
04-27-2005, 10:52 PM
True, NA Supra is slow - I'm sure glad i dont have one. Please refer to your suffix guide to find out what "T" stands for.

Keep in mind that those numbers you just gave are power at the FLYWHEEL.

Put the boxter up against a REAL high performance car at the track and let me know how things turn out.....

You wish you had one huh??? Please refer to the vocabulary term posted above.

If youre not smart enough to get that.... YES I AM CALLING YOU A FAG.

OK u bought a NA supra and boosted it...YAY. Me a fag? far from it. Why so angry?

WHat is a REAL HIgh performance car..thats int he same class as the boxster S?

mogallo
He said in this thread, and I have to agree. The boxster is an extremely well balanced car. They are excellent track cars and anyone who disagrees should research a little more.

Who gives a shit about a boxter.... i would rather waste my time on here with pointless arguements :D than to go research a fucking boxter....

Mike4831
I would take the Z; however, the Porsche will get you laid more.

Mr_S13®
04-27-2005, 10:54 PM
Aren't forums fun.......we can discuss all we want but, really no one is really right. Its all in what you like.. lol

That's why I don't dog on anything. I just try to stick with looking at the good parts of all cars. I love all performance cars! Except the 02-04 civic si's, never really cared for those.

JITB
04-27-2005, 10:57 PM
That's why I don't dog on anything. I just try to stick with looking at the good parts of all cars. I love all performance cars! Except the 02-04 civic si's, never really cared for those.

i agree..i sort of like 04 Si's only b/c ppl arent whoring them out..lol. but i heard they are slow.

Anyway, i love all vehicles...i jsut couldnt let anyone downtalk a Boxster S, like its a metro or something. Jsut because its expensive, and costs alot more.

Tracer
04-27-2005, 10:57 PM

I really can agree with you on that.... 02-04 civic si's.....words can't even describe the feeling I get when I see one. LOL

mogallo
04-27-2005, 10:59 PM
there isnt a REAL high performance car thats in the class of the boxter.... because its not a high performance car.

I'm not angry. I wonder why everyone thinks i get angry.... the internet is a GREAT way to convey emotion.... LMAO

JITB
04-27-2005, 11:01 PM
go around calling ppl u never met fag's isnt the smartest thing in the world. but wooptie woop..tough guy.

what is a High Perf car to you?

Mr_S13®
04-27-2005, 11:12 PM
go around calling ppl u never met fag's isnt the smartest thing in the world. but wooptie woop..tough guy.

what is a High Perf car to you?

an n/a supra

JITB
04-27-2005, 11:14 PM
interesting..

Mr_S13®
04-27-2005, 11:15 PM
I love your protoge, what all do you have done to it?

JITB
04-27-2005, 11:24 PM
*blushes*

just bolt-ons now, and suspension stuff. Turbo kit in the garage..going thru final revisions...for the 3rd time.

your hatch is dead sexy..in your sig i might add...

Mr_S13®
04-27-2005, 11:44 PM
Bet that bitch will scream when you get finished. Those cars are tight.

JITB
04-27-2005, 11:56 PM
yea....i hope

WHUT U KNOW BOUT PROTEGES foo? lol

SLOWR/T
04-27-2005, 11:57 PM
Quote "and probrably can out handle anythign in this thread."

i would have to beg the differ. i could hang with one in the twistys maybe even pass him but, straights he'd pull.

JITB
04-27-2005, 11:59 PM
hangin with..isnt out handleing

SLOWR/T
04-28-2005, 12:09 AM
ok then im confident i could "out handle" one in the turns.

where my car lacks power, it makes up for it in the turns :D

lemansz
04-28-2005, 12:12 AM

for about a week ud be as fast as a 911, then you sling a rod.

lol

those cars arent holding up to the bigger blowers and twin turbo kits.

we just put another built motor in another one...
with a hole in the side of the stock block.

Speedm0(\)key
04-28-2005, 02:26 AM
for about a week ud be as fast as a 911, then you sling a rod.

lol

those cars arent holding up to the bigger blowers and twin turbo kits.

we just put another built motor in another one...
with a hole in the side of the stock block.

people with the turbo'ed z's up the boost as if it were nothing.. the twin turbo kits should be safe untouched.. ie: the greddy twin turbo kit... keep the boost that comes in the emanage and you'll be ok only increase boost until 1. you build your motor... or 2. someone in ga with enough z experience comes along

vboy418
04-29-2005, 12:30 PM
nice runs!! Ive always loved the 350z's.. my brother in law has one...;)

IndianStig
04-29-2005, 09:47 PM
An STi could kill a boxster on a track, I bet that if you go to road atlanta and put the two head to head the Sti will be first.

Sti's are the mother of all cars under $35000

Tracer
04-29-2005, 10:02 PM
An STi could kill a boxster on a track, I bet that if you go to road atlanta and put the two head to head the Sti will be first.

Also, they look very good. :goodjob:

lemansz
04-29-2005, 11:30 PM

kingleh ran a 1:22.7 at Roebling Road , near savannah GA.
pretty much stock on OEM tires...
I have never heard of anyoenin a production car running anyfaster... until he ran a 1:20 in my z06

lol

JITB
04-30-2005, 02:42 AM

i dont think so..stock vs. stock..nah. it would be a goood race. But 260 mid engine roadster. vs a fat 300 hp awd car. I personnaly dont like AWD on a Street track. RWD - Mid - engine cars butcher them, awd has the grip. but it doesnt hold it like a rwd-mid engine vehicle does. Jsut like a the autocross events the sti's always doin their AWD slidessideways. bouncing off the track.

sti vs. boxster s on road atlanta...boxster is my pic.

Tracer
04-30-2005, 08:54 AM
i dont think so..stock vs. stock..nah. it would be a goood race. But 260 mid engine roadster. vs a fat 300 hp awd car. I personnaly dont like AWD on a Street track. RWD - Mid - engine cars butcher them, awd has the grip. but it doesnt hold it like a rwd-mid engine vehicle does. Jsut like a the autocross events the sti's always doin their AWD slidessideways. bouncing off the track.

Alright not sounding like a jerk but, you are wrong by your statement. One of Batlground's top customers autocrosses big events. He has a rwd Supra at 550whp he told that racing Evo's and Sti's are very hard to race against. These cars are made for autocross and that AWD cars handle the track better than any other cars. Their always in the top 5 in the events. AWD handles the tight curves better than other cars. They don't have sliding issues like the other cars. If you want I can give you more info about this topic on autocross? But don't take this like I'm a jerk. Just having a good conversation with you.

mogallo
04-30-2005, 10:34 AM
Did you guys ever see that video of the evo MR vs the lambo galardo?? Jason is right.

iloveboost
04-30-2005, 01:27 PM

Put money on that?

JITB
04-30-2005, 01:37 PM
Put money on that?

ill put money on it...

iloveboost
04-30-2005, 01:45 PM
Stock Porsche S vs stock STi?

$100?

JITB
04-30-2005, 02:04 PM
well on top gear, the STi ran a 1.30 in the power lap... And the Lotus Exige ran a 1.26 in the power lap. The EVO ran a 1.28. The boxster S wasnt on there. i dont htink he did a power lap with it yet. But seeing that the boxster S is classed with the exige. Im sure that the track times are in between 1.26 - 1.29, on the top gear power lap.

BTW the gallardo ran a 1.25.

Rwd cars, dont slide like Awd cars do. imagine a sti taking a turn, at high speeds 85+ mph and it just starts drifting off to the outside of the turn. a 550hp supra wouldnt be my first choice if i was to do Autocross. it HANDLES the curves. But doesnt HOLD the curves. A long high speed curve in a AWD at high speeds will send u right into a wal or in the dirt. boxster has better stability at higher speeds, and has a decent top end. boxster S top speed = 167mph, the sti's is 155mph i think.

JITB
04-30-2005, 02:05 PM
Stock Porsche S vs stock STi?

$100?

ill put 2$ on it, cuz im a broke bum....not b/c im unsure, just because im broke as shit. but i stand by m y decision.

iloveboost
04-30-2005, 02:21 PM
A long high speed curve in a AWD at high speeds will send u right into a wal or in the dirt. boxster has better stability at higher speeds, and has a decent top end. boxster S top speed = 167mph, the sti's is 155mph i think.

Ummm, the STi's are used for rallying (taking turns on wet/dirt/snow roads at high speeds).

As for top speed, how often, if ever, will you ever reach the top speed in vehicle.

Can you take a Porsche boxster off-road? Who would win the 1/4? Who can take turns better in wet conditions? Assuming the Boxster S was better for AutoCross, it would be by a hair, at best. Weigh in all the other conditions (wet driving, 1/4mile, off-road capabilities, and superb road course times in stock form), the STi is just a better car all-around. Let's also not forget the $20,000 you'd save.

How can you argue that?

iloveboost
04-30-2005, 02:23 PM
Rwd cars, dont slide like Awd cars do.

I guess that's why everyone drifts Evos and STis over 240s, RX-7s, and other assorted RWD cars.

Not to sound like a jerk, but your only argument is that (again, this is assuming the Boxster S is better in a road course) an S is better than an STi when in fact it proves to be inferior in many ways.

JITB
04-30-2005, 02:37 PM
OK we went from dry track racing, to rally.. Its obvious the boxster isnt a rally car. So this is all about dry track racing. Top speedwas just a "spec" i added. i know alot of STI and boxster drivers have reached the top speed, i have in my car plenty of times. not the sdmartest thing but ive done it.

Were talkin about dry track normal conditions. The STI was made for crazy road conditions ( snow - dirt )

1/4 mile it will take the porsche.. boxster does 1/4 mile 14 flat, STI does it in like 13 flat.

Sooo we have went from comparing theboxxster to a Z(which it was tested with) To a STI (which is a totally different type of vehicel). To comparing it in a rally race? back to the previous debate. STI vs. boxster s on a track.

A high speed turn in wet-dirt-snow track is different from a dry race track. BTW how many locals actually take their STI on off -road..only one ive seen on here is a woman *giggles*. Soa gain why are we compairing a High Performance Mid Engine 6 cyl Roadster to a AWD turbo 4cyl rally tuned vehicle.

On a dirt track you would probrably see a porsche 959 rather than a boxster.

JITB
04-30-2005, 02:40 PM
I guess that's why everyone drifts Evos and STis over 240s, RX-7s, and other assorted RWD cars.

Not to sound like a jerk, but your only argument is that (again, this is assuming the Boxster S is better in a road course) an S is better than an STi when in fact it proves to be inferior in many ways.

THATS WHAT I SAID 2 PAGES AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

were talkin abotu road courses...not. So ppl drift with cressidas, and ppl race with civics on the streets all the time, doesnt mean its the best. I guess the viper/ GTO dominting D1 last year was a fluke...even thos they dont use those to drift .

The debate was the S vs a STI on ROAD ATLANTA, which is in fact (which it has changed since last week) a ROAD COURSE!!!! not a snow course - dirt course.

mogallo
04-30-2005, 07:43 PM
[QUOTE=JITB]well on top gear, the STi ran a 1.30 in the power lap... And the Lotus Exige ran a 1.26 in the power lap. The EVO ran a 1.28. The boxster S wasnt on there. i dont htink he did a power lap with it yet. But seeing that the boxster S is classed with the exige. Im sure that the track times are in between 1.26 - 1.29, on the top gear power lap.

BTW the gallardo ran a 1.25.[QUOTE]

Ever wonder why they dont bother to test a boxter s??? Think about it for a minute. I dont need to say anything else.

If you are so SURE about the potential of the little porsche, why dont you put your money on it??? Easy 100.....

JITB
05-01-2005, 03:58 AM
wow mogallo...stop

for the 600th time, i said i stand by my decision. but i aint got 100$ to bet. so i got 2$ on it. they tested the boxster S, but he didnt do it on the hot lap.

SkrrEuroSportGLI
05-01-2005, 04:52 AM
I wanna see this

HalfBaked
05-01-2005, 10:25 AM
04 boxster S probrably can out handle anythign in this thread.

Until now.

Ruiner
05-01-2005, 10:41 AM
And I would buy the 350Z and with the money left over get the stage 3 stillen superchager. Then I would be as fast as a 911 Turbo.

You SURE about that?

Ruiner
05-01-2005, 10:47 AM
What kind of numbers does your little "high performance" porsche put out???

I'm too lazy to go look them up. Its slow. Its NOT high performance.

If you drive a Porsche boxter you had BETTER not be of the MALE gender. And if you are... there's a term for that - i believe the term is "FAG"

By the way, the 2005 Boxster S has a faster slalom time than the Ferrari Enzo. Does that make the Enzo a POS?

Ruiner
05-01-2005, 10:50 AM

Trust me, an STi would not kill a Boxster S at Road Atlanta.

Ruiner
05-01-2005, 10:57 AM
By the way. JITB is right, guys. I'm sorry, but he is. On a dry track with multiple turns, a stock Boxster S will take an STi. The mid-engine/RWD of the Boxster S will overcome the gain from the AWD on the STi. The engine balance in the Boxster S coupled with the brakes (911 turbo big reds that the S gets) will win. Yes, even the brakes on the Boxster S are superior to the STi's. Anyone who knows anything about circuit racing understands the problems with brake-fade.

The Boxster was never made for straight line speed. NO Porsche has ever been made for that.

mogallo
05-01-2005, 06:30 PM
By the way, the 2005 Boxster S has a faster slalom time than the Ferrari Enzo. Does that make the Enzo a POS?

Last time i checked, YOU were the only one who gives a fuck about a slalom time.....

Mr_S13®
05-01-2005, 07:41 PM
mogalla, calm down man. Its okay to be wrong sometimes...lol

IndianStig
05-01-2005, 07:51 PM
Porsches are beautiful, no doubt about it. If i could get a 911 or a NEW Boxster i would jump on it. But the level of performance they give is obtinable at much lower prices in cars like the STi, Evo, 350Z, and the Elise. The STi vs. Boxster at RA would be a really, really good race, however I think that the STi would win.
If u think that the STi would loose just cause of the AWD inherrited understeer, then the good thing is that 65% of the power can be sent too the rear and by doing that and switching off stability control, well you get a beautiful combination of oversteer with control.

MY PICK, for $35000 the STi most definately.
for $95000, the Porsche 911 GT2, they need to bring that back!

mogallo
05-01-2005, 07:51 PM
mogalla, calm down man. Its okay to be wrong sometimes...lol

Hehehe but its so fun to ACT right!!!! :D

Mr_S13®
05-01-2005, 08:08 PM
lmao, your crazy man...atleast you got a good sense of humor

Ruiner
05-01-2005, 08:13 PM
MY PICK, for $35000 the STi most definately.
for $95000, the Porsche 911 GT2, they need to bring that back!

$95,000 for the GT2? They brought it back years ago. They have been building the 911 GT2 (996 type) since 2002. They run for about $180-190k brand new.

IndianStig
05-01-2005, 08:23 PM
I thought they stopped making it last year?

I fogot a 1, whoops

Sport1.3
05-01-2005, 08:25 PM

car and driver slalomed an MP3 (protege) faster than an boxter S 2 years ago and thats only a 20k car. :jerkit: ......

and about the auto x comments... AWD sux. this is my second year and ive never seen a AWD win outright or even in class except for one maybe and hes a pro driver (all driver skill, not the car)...and ive driven WRX's on track b4 and they feel cumbersome and body roll is a bitch. if the S is anything like the n/a sw20 mr2's then it would rape an STI on the track!

mogallo
05-01-2005, 08:30 PM
lmao, your crazy man...atleast you got a good sense of humor

:D

IndianStig
05-01-2005, 08:36 PM
my bad whats a POS?????

umm, the G35 is a skyline, back to the topic

all around= STi, Evo, or M3

JITB
05-01-2005, 09:13 PM
No the original argument, was a couple of people insisting that the boxster S is a POS...

i dont kno whow the STI and all the other crap came up.

G35 aint no skyline, its a G35. And i dont know whee the price came into play. We all know u can do what to what, stock for stock.

65% to the rear, still wont help keep the other 35% in the front from keeping the sti from holding turns like a boxster would. Has anyoen seen a STi do autocross before? besides sport20..nd myself? its alot of bouncing and crazy awd sliding..

Im still waiting for mogallo, to tell me what a high performance vehicle is. a 04 boxster S is about 60k, and a M3 is in the same price range. EVO - STI are alot cheaper, but i mean its a porsche...theres no such thing as a cheap porsche.

Tracer
05-01-2005, 09:18 PM
Yeah, I've seen the STi do autocross at Road Atlanta. Pretty much, they really will shock you how they run. Also, it was a STOCK Sti.

BK EVIL8
05-01-2005, 10:02 PM
yadda Yadda Yadda, Evo will eat the STI and Porsche ;) See what you started speedmonkey... ;)

Tracer
05-01-2005, 10:05 PM
Really it all comes down to the DRIVER.

JITB
05-01-2005, 10:55 PM
BTW the EVO8, did the hot lap in like 1.29 1 sec faster than the STI...

mogallo
05-01-2005, 10:55 PM
Really it all comes down to the DRIVER.

True, but ACTUALLY.... what this thread REALLY boils down to is the fact that the boxter s is slow as piss. I wanna race one........... on a tricycle..... on road atlanta..... (just get a mental image there....)

Thanks, and have a nice day :)

Tracer
05-01-2005, 10:58 PM
BTW the EVO8, did the hot lap in like 1.29 1 sec faster than the STI...

That doesn't prove anything. Was it the same driver? Cause ever driver is different.

JITB
05-01-2005, 11:06 PM
Yea, they use the same driver to do the Top gear hot lap runs..

HalfBaked
05-01-2005, 11:10 PM
My sentra cost 2k!

So what now!

JITB
05-01-2005, 11:11 PM
i was payed 400$ to get my car...cant beat that...lol

Tracer
05-01-2005, 11:11 PM
My sentra cost 2k!

So what now!

LoL

man
05-01-2005, 11:58 PM
True, but ACTUALLY.... what this thread REALLY boils down to is the fact that the boxter s is slow as piss. I wanna race one........... on a tricycle..... on road atlanta..... (just get a mental image there....)

Oh look, I have a turbo, I have a supra, I know everything. What's funny is you really would get the shit kicked out of you by an 05 Boxster S on a track. Cause, while you're waiting for that turbo to spool, he's already down shifting for the next turn. Maybe if some of you people on here would actually get the balls to go do some real racing you would learn that.

Oh, and from what I've seen of you tonight. You make me ashamed to have ever wanted a supra, to think, I could have ended up an ego maniac like you.

Tracer
05-01-2005, 11:59 PM
Really Mogallo's turbo is going to spool really fast.

man
05-02-2005, 12:02 AM
Jason, stop following me dammit. Trust me on this, the new boxter is no slouch. and I'm sure his turbo will spool fast, but there is no substitute for a naturally aspirated car with that kind of handling on a track like that.

Tracer
05-02-2005, 12:03 AM
Sorry man, just bored

man
05-02-2005, 12:04 AM
it's cool, I'm going to bed, I got school tomorrow

Sport1.3
05-02-2005, 12:14 AM
Yeah, I've seen the STi do autocross at Road Atlanta. Pretty much, they really will shock you how they run. Also, it was a STOCK Sti.
when did you see this? was it solo I? ive never been to solo II events at RA b4..... and how many of you ppl actually run SCCA events in yer car anyways?

Ruiner
05-02-2005, 08:01 AM
car and driver slalomed an MP3 (protege) faster than an boxter S 2 years ago and thats only a 20k car. :jerkit: ......

I said the 2005 Boxster S. There is a larger difference between the previous gens and the '05. Read before you reply.

Ruiner
05-02-2005, 08:04 AM

Stock for stock, an '05 Boxster S would whip your car's ass. Does that mean that your car is an even slower POS because of that fact?

mogallo
05-02-2005, 05:16 PM
Stock for stock, an '05 Boxster S would whip your car's ass. Does that mean that your car is an even slower POS because of that fact?

Ahhhh HAH!!! But you seem to have forgotten the fact that my car is NOT stock.... so this arguement does not apply to me..... go ahead.... dump as much money into a damn boxter as i did mine.... i'll still be faster... poor little porsche.... :(

If you have ever seen the way they CRAM shit into the engine bay.... i dont think there is any room for any aftermarket mods anyway.... sucks to be a porsche owner!!!!!!

Tracer
05-02-2005, 05:25 PM
Ahhhh HAH!!! But you seem to have forgotten the fact that my car is NOT stock.... so this arguement does not apply to me..... go ahead.... dump as much money into a damn boxter as i did mine.... i'll still be faster... poor little porsche.... :(

If you have ever seen the way they CRAM shit into the engine bay.... i dont think there is any room for any aftermarket mods anyway.... sucks to be a porsche owner!!!!!!

Yeah, I bet its hard to mod a Boxster.

mogallo
05-02-2005, 05:26 PM
Oh look, I have a turbo, I have a supra, I know everything. What's funny is you really would get the shit kicked out of you by an 05 Boxster S on a track. Cause, while you're waiting for that turbo to spool, he's already down shifting for the next turn. Maybe if some of you people on here would actually get the balls to go do some real racing you would learn that.

Oh, and from what I've seen of you tonight. You make me ashamed to have ever wanted a supra, to think, I could have ended up an ego maniac like you.

My car does not road race. It is not built to road race. Its built to drive every day on the streets of whatever city i happen to be in at the time, and to go in a straight line really fast. Thats all i had intended for in the first place. I dont claim to be KING speed racer or Mr. Know-it-all...YOU WILL FIND THAT OUT OF YOU READ THIS THREAD THOROUGHLY. I am just really enthusiastic about my car.... IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH THAT??? I have put a lot of TIME, MONEY, and EFFORT into my car, I think i deserve to be proud of it. My guess is - You would do the same...

Thank you for the prejudice though!!!! Now run along and go and find someone else to hate...

JITB
05-02-2005, 05:33 PM
You all re the ones that started blabbing about your own cars. So you al lbrought them into it. But, boxsters get modified just as much as anything else. This whoel discussion was about u all saying that a boxster was a POS. And every other page u all start talkin about your own cars.

A boxster would still bitch slap your supra all over a track, with that stock suspension, of yours. All that power will do nothing but leave a long ass skid mark at the exit of every turn..and have ur arms mushy from tryin to control it. But your car isnt made to be on a road course right? Sooo why are u comparing the 2... in the first place.

You still havent told me what a high performance vehicle is?

mogallo
05-02-2005, 05:51 PM
You all re the ones that started blabbing about your own cars. So you al lbrought them into it. But, boxsters get modified just as much as anything else. This whoel discussion was about u all saying that a boxster was a POS. And every other page u all start talkin about your own cars.

A boxster would still bitch slap your supra all over a track, with that stock suspension, of yours. All that power will do nothing but leave a long ass skid mark at the exit of every turn..and have ur arms mushy from tryin to control it. But your car isnt made to be on a road course right? Sooo why are u comparing the 2... in the first place.

You still havent told me what a high performance vehicle is?

1) Please refer to post #21 on this thread to find out who really brought other cars into this thread.

2) My opinion is still as follows : The boxter is a POS. Thank you for allowing me to have my own opinion.

3) I dont road race... thats for rich people who have too much money and dont know what to do with it. I cannot afford to wreck my car comming out of turn 3. (.... or something like that)

4) I could care less what a boxter s would do against my car at the track. If i REALLY wanted my car to be able to beat a boxter on a road course, trust me, it would....

5) Mogallo has no desire to have anything to do with road races.... catch me on 85N or something.... then we'll talk.

6) ULTRA HIGH PERFORMANCE = Ford Focs ZX3 ..... or a School Bus.... cant decide between the two.

Tracer
05-02-2005, 06:16 PM
I'd take the school bus....Ultimate SLEEPER

mogallo
05-02-2005, 06:16 PM
Slow...is a NA supra.

This is post number 21 for those of you who are like me - Too lazy to go look.....

mogallo
05-02-2005, 06:18 PM
Model T Ford - NOW THATS HIGH PERFORMANCE!!!!

Yeah.... I'd take a quad-turbo Model T ...... over ANYTHING YOU GOT BWWOOOOOYYYYY!!!

JITB
05-02-2005, 06:21 PM
This is post number 21 for those of you who are like me - Too lazy to go look.....

wow i thought u had a godly turbo supra..since when did u drive a slow na supra? You turn almost EVERy thread your in, into a thread about comparing your car to another.

mogallo, if u cant even put any facts behind anything u say. All your opinions are worthless. have fun wiht your car. nothing wrong with opinions, but some are just.....

IndianStig
05-02-2005, 06:54 PM
Post 2
NICE Kill. But the older Boxsters arent that fast. However in the last comparo by Motortrend, the boxster came in first and the 350z lost.

Post 4

My, my. What the hell did I start here?

I know that the M3 is $55000, however put it against a stock Boxster S and youl beat it. Hell spend the extra $5000 and get the Club Sport M3, and $ for $ you'll still be faster. However its down to personnal choice, Porsche Excellence, or BMW Innovation. I would choose the M3, but then some of you may disagree.

BTW, WHAT THE HELL IS A POS? :rant:

JITB
05-02-2005, 07:00 PM
WOW just keep thinking of every car u can..and comapre it to a boxster.

POS = Piece of shit

IndianStig
05-02-2005, 07:13 PM
I was thinking peice of shit, but not in the context of a Porsche.
Porsches are grat cars.

Just a random tought, who here has seen a Black Carrera GT around ATL. I was coming home from the Braves game on Saturday night (GO BRAVES!!!) and this Carrera GT flys by at like 95-100mph, i was only going like 65-70 but i sped up a little to try catch it and get a pic. There was a white Lincoln Towncar, and a Red Camry trying too catch him also. After we tailed him he moved in to the HOV and floored it, left us in the dirt, I was smarter then t try keep up althought the Lincoln tried, and he got off at the next exit. If anyone knows who it is ask if they saw a 1999 Acura TL following him, he left just as my cousin got the camera out.

mogallo
05-02-2005, 08:56 PM
I was thinking peice of shit, but not in the context of a Porsche.
Porsches are grat cars.

Just a random tought, who here has seen a Black Carrera GT around ATL. I was coming home from the Braves game on Saturday night (GO BRAVES!!!) and this Carrera GT flys by at like 95-100mph, i was only going like 65-70 but i sped up a little to try catch it and get a pic. There was a white Lincoln Towncar, and a Red Camry trying too catch him also. After we tailed him he moved in to the HOV and floored it, left us in the dirt, I was smarter then t try keep up althought the Lincoln tried, and he got off at the next exit. If anyone knows who it is ask if they saw a 1999 Acura TL following him, he left just as my cousin got the camera out.

Do you know if it was an asian guy driving it?? I think i might have seen the same one...

mogallo
05-02-2005, 09:03 PM
wow i thought u had a godly turbo supra..since when did u drive a slow na supra? You turn almost EVERy thread your in, into a thread about comparing your car to another.

mogallo, if u cant even put any facts behind anything u say. All your opinions are worthless. have fun wiht your car. nothing wrong with opinions, but some are just.....

Please READ the post..... YOU are the one that brought a Supra into this thread, not me.

There is no reason to be comparing a single turbo supra to a damn boxster, 350z, or whatever else you are trying to talk about. So why did you bring it up?? I left it alone... but did you??

Please go prove someone who gives a damn wrong, cuz youre wasting your time with me :D

I'm not saying anything else on this thread.

Have a nice day!!! :D

JITB
05-02-2005, 09:43 PM
I said NA supras are...Slow... DO u own a NA supra?

ill let that marinate...

I aint trying to prove anything, TRying to have a civiclized discussion. But by reading how u post that is virtually impossible. SOmeone with such a nice car as yourself sure has nothing worhtwhile to discuss....when it comes to cars. Its like talking pre - cal to a 6yr old..

Ruiner
05-02-2005, 10:38 PM

I've seen a few 3.6L TT swap pics into a Boxster S. NASTY vehicle.

Sport1.3
05-03-2005, 02:05 AM
I said the 2005 Boxster S. There is a larger difference between the previous gens and the '05. Read before you reply.

well i re-read the original article and its actually a 911 it out handles...sorry for mis reading that. :lmfao: .. i believe that should out handle a boxster