PDA

View Full Version : Who is ready for DRIFT FURY?

4dmin
04-03-2006, 07:59 AM
Who is ready for DRIFT FURY?

I know we are... we are ready to kick off the new season w/ a bang! We got the score sheets, we got the throphies (BOS 48" :: CLUB 46"), we have the cash prizes... drifting, car show, motorcycle stunt show, bikini contest, and much much more.

:burnout: + :boobies: + :gulp: + :camera: = :iaowns:

http://www.driftfury.com/ SEE YOU GUYS THIS SUNDAY :yay:

PhAtBoYMr2
04-03-2006, 07:59 AM
:iaowns: :yourock: :iaowns: :yourock:

Brett
04-03-2006, 08:00 AM
I will start cleaning the car this week for the show!! I cant wait

ALVIN
04-03-2006, 08:03 AM
does that trophy in the second picture to the bottom left say '05 lol?

ps: thats a lot of trophies...cant wait for the show its gonna be bad ass.

ECMgarrett
04-03-2006, 08:04 AM
i cant wait, me and my buddy are looking forward to the trip

4dmin
04-03-2006, 08:05 AM
does that trophy in the second picture to the bottom left say '05 lol?

ps: thats a lot of trophies...cant wait for the show its gonna be bad ass.

yeah i have to put the 06 on them... :lmao: (observant are we?)

they were from another event were never got around to do.

ALVIN
04-03-2006, 08:07 AM
lol yea i was like hold on...its april...20...06 oh snap lol. Yea might as well. THere is no sense in getting rid of the trophies you never used for the other event.

A.P. Photography
04-03-2006, 08:08 AM
I will be there taking pics :D

B16a2 Civic
04-03-2006, 08:14 AM
i'll be spectating the first show :(, showing the next

YokotaS13
04-03-2006, 08:17 AM
brign that shit to japan

5thgcelica
04-03-2006, 08:30 AM
yeah ill be there for sure..

unfortunatly. i will not make this show due to........ we'll just say...issues. lol.

The Yousef
04-03-2006, 08:31 AM
...i'll be there to mock all

Ruiner
04-03-2006, 08:45 AM
...i'll be there to mock all

I like that idea... :cheers:

What purpose does drifting serve anyway?

The Yousef
04-03-2006, 08:47 AM

to burn off one's rear tires in a dramatic display of JDMness....

Nemesis
04-03-2006, 08:49 AM
i'll be spectating the first show :(, showing the next

So you're going to be there B?

Ill be showing the Cougar, "attempting" to drift the Z. :lmao:

blacknightteg
04-03-2006, 08:51 AM
when is the first one anyways?

Ruiner
04-03-2006, 08:59 AM
to burn off the one's rear tires in a dramatic display of JDMness....

I guess so? I mean, you can't use it in REAL racing as it slows you down around the turns... Eh, not my cup of tea.

ECMgarrett
04-03-2006, 09:02 AM
when is the first one anyways?
sunday

Z33_kid
04-03-2006, 09:05 AM
me me im ready to get pissy drunk me lol

Nemesis
04-03-2006, 09:13 AM
I like that idea... :cheers:

Unless you're a professional that competes nationwide/worldwide, what purpose does any type of amateur automotive event serve anyways? Its all in fun and provides a safe outlet for people to practice something other than going in a straight line or on a road course, both of which I have tried and still plan on doing in the future FOR FUN. We all have "real jobs" here, and most of the car shit we do, in the end, serves no purpose rather than to satisfy ourselves, and maybe try to "impress" others. Im actually kinda suprised to see you say that Brandon!

The Yousef
04-03-2006, 09:23 AM
Unless you're a professional that competes nationwide/worldwide, what purpose does any type of amateur automotive event serve anyways? Its all in fun and provides a safe outlet for people to practice something other than going in a straight line or on a road course, both of which I have tried and still plan on doing in the future FOR FUN. We all have "real jobs" here, and most of the car shit we do, in the end, serves no purpose rather than to satisfy ourselves, and maybe try to "impress" others. Im actually kinda suprised to see you say that Brandon!

...bloody ricer

4dmin
04-03-2006, 09:57 AM
I guess so? I mean, you can't use it in REAL racing as it slows you down around the turns... Eh, not my cup of tea.

i feel ya i rather see some twistys or a straight line, but either way it will be cool to see some locals, i had a blast filming/riding along w/ good locals like Andy/Marty/Erin :goodjob:

The Yousef
04-03-2006, 10:19 AM
i feel ya i rather see some twistys or a straight line, but either way it will be cool to see some locals, i had a blast filming/riding along w/ good locals like Andy/Marty/Erin :goodjob:
Pauline are we taking your car out on the track again? :lmao:

(just make sure your backseats are there this time...i don't feel like going airborne again in the back)

4dmin
04-03-2006, 10:21 AM
^ lol...

carrascopa
04-03-2006, 10:34 AM
I BELIEVE I WILL ATTEND THIS EVENT! ACTUALLY I WILL DEFINATELY BE THERE

Ruiner
04-03-2006, 10:48 AM

Suprised to see me say that? I just don't see the purpose, that's all. Practice what? I mean, what are they trying to accomplish? At least with road course or 1/4 mile runs you are dealing with a purpose and can shoot for a goal, a time...but drifting? Sliding around cones? Just not my cup of tea I guess...

HalfBaked
04-03-2006, 10:51 AM
I'll be there volunteering.

That is right, I volunteer! I'm good people!

4dmin
04-03-2006, 10:58 AM
I'll be there volunteering.

That is right, I volunteer! I'm good people!

:lmao:

ECMgarrett
04-03-2006, 11:57 AM
Suprised to see me say that? I just don't see the purpose, that's all. Practice what? I mean, what are they trying to accomplish? At least with road course or 1/4 mile runs you are dealing with a purpose and can shoot for a goal, a time...but drifting? Sliding around cones? Just not my cup of tea I guess...

while i realize it takes lots of skill to drift well and right, i agree with this
there is no set scoring system and thats what it lacks to be considered a real sport. its all opinion and thats nothing more than benchracing

that said - i just got off the phone with my buddy in the mcoupe, we're both very excited to come to this this weekend

HiPSI
04-03-2006, 12:05 PM

car control/fun is really all it's about. you can set goals in drifting just like in any other sport, maybe to run a better line, carry more speed, more angle, nail all your clipping points, etc... it's surely not everyone's cup-o-noodles but plenty of us enjoy it :D.

judging is based on opinion, indeed. but just like other judged sports there are criteria to the judging based on line/angle/speed, and like other judged sports if you screw up by spinning or losing your slide then you're certainly not going to score well.

PhAtBoYMr2
04-03-2006, 12:10 PM
Phatboy racing will be thurrrr reppin. Our Dj gonna be spinnin :cool:

Nemesis
04-03-2006, 12:25 PM
car control/fun is really all it's about. you can set goals in drifting just like in any other sport, maybe to run a better line, carry more speed, more angle, nail all your clipping points, etc... it's surely not everyone's cup-o-noodles but plenty of us enjoy it :D.

judging is based on opinion, indeed. but just like other judged sports there are criteria to the judging based on line/angle/speed, and like other judged sports if you screw up by spinning or losing your slide then you're certainly not going to score well.

And if its not your "cup of noodles" , then dont go. Just like some people think drag racing is just about as boring as Nascar. Its all based on opinions. Im simply going to try something ive never tried before. You cant knock it if youve never tried it.

4dmin
04-03-2006, 12:27 PM

it isn't my cup of tea, but i'm w/ erin those who know what they are doing defiantely have some skill,,, if you don't think so take a ride w/ Erin/Andy/Marty... its definately more a competitor sport than spectator :goodjob:

Halfwit
04-03-2006, 12:28 PM
yep^ ill be ther watchin george treat it like a road course.

Brett
04-03-2006, 12:32 PM
Paul, who is judging?

Nemesis
yep^ ill be ther watchin george treat it like a road course.

bitches better have my times :lmao:

Halfwit
oh i will, but i dont know if my stopwatch will count that high?....

Nemesis
04-03-2006, 12:34 PM
oh i will, but i dont know if my stopwatch will count that high?....

Im not sure if youll be able to see, after my fist meets yo eyes :eye:

Halfwit
04-03-2006, 12:37 PM
Im not sure if youll be able to see, after my fist meets yo eyes :eye:
awww george dont get upset!! u know im just playin!

Nemesis
04-03-2006, 12:39 PM
lol im not upset.

Hey Paul,

If Im bringing both cars early in the morning, I can go ahead and park it in the show area early?

Nemesis
04-03-2006, 12:51 PM
And if its not your "cup of noodles" , then dont go. Just like some people think drag racing is just about as boring as Nascar. Its all based on opinions. Im simply going to try something ive never tried before. You cant knock it if youve never tried it.

http://www.club4ag.com/faq%20and%20tech_pages/The%20Proper%20drift%20style.htm

Great Article that shows both points.

There are those who argue that "grip" style driving is the fastest way...that drifting is a slow way aroud corners... In theory this is very true... But, in multiple car competitions, the more options the driver has in terms of his line, braking points and skill, the more chances he'll have to pass the leading car that's blocking his "proper line."

You see now, that a guy who can drift well, fast and accurate, is the best of "grip" style drivers. He would know his tire's limits better, has more control beyond limits, and more lines to pass are available to him with very predictable results.

4dmin
04-03-2006, 12:53 PM
Paul, who is judging?

Yours truely and Julio. George, Yes.

Brett
04-03-2006, 12:55 PM
Cool.

And ANYONE SHOWING!!! HAVE YOUR SHIT CLEAN!!!! THEY WILL BE CHECKING EVERYWHERE!!! Just a little tip from someone who has been judged by them more then a few times...LOL

4dmin
04-03-2006, 12:58 PM
^ yup, i'm bringing the white glove :lmao: , we decided since everyone always complains about judging we are giong to do it ourselves, so no fuck ups.

http://www.driftfury.com/img/score_sheet.gif

Brett
04-03-2006, 01:02 PM
Someone will complain regardless

HalfBaked
04-03-2006, 01:07 PM
I'll complain!

That I can't judge.

Can't I just walk around saying "You're car is ugly, you're car is ugly, you're car is FUGLY, you're girlfriend is ugly, you're mom has a tight pussy, clean car, you're car is ugly. And I'm done."

The Yousef
04-03-2006, 01:11 PM
Can't I just walk around saying "You're car is ugly, you're car is ugly, you're car is FUGLY, you're girlfriend is ugly, you're mom has a tight pussy, clean car, you're car is ugly. And I'm done."

...no that's my job for sunday!:mad:

or we can divide and conquer if you want...:bigok:

:lmao:

4dmin
04-03-2006, 01:11 PM
I'll complain!

That I can't judge.

:lmao: "you're mom" nice :slap:

Nemesis
04-03-2006, 01:12 PM
I'll complain!

That I can't judge.

Your, not you're. :lmao:

HalfBaked
04-03-2006, 01:12 PM
Even if ya'll won't allow me to say, I still plan on it!

That and I think I get to check for wristbands.

I'm gonna be like "yo bitch where your wristband" and when she is like "it is right here on my arm" I'm going to cut it off with some scissors and kick her out.

Of course I'd only do this certain skinny bitches.

In other news, you don't need a wristband if you have tits and show me. Guys need not apply, I don't want to see bitch tits.

HalfBaked
04-03-2006, 01:13 PM
Your, not you're. :lmao:

I know. But I'm going to say "you are car."

The Yousef
04-03-2006, 01:13 PM
Even if ya'll won't allow me to say, I still plan on it!

That and I think I get to check for wristbands.

I'm gonna be like "yo bitch where your wristband" and when she is like "it is right here on my arm" I'm going to cut it off with some scissors and kick her out.

In other news, you don't need a wristband if you have tits and show me. Guys need not apply, I don't want to see bitch tits.

...intriguing

Ran
04-03-2006, 01:35 PM
I'll be there in the competition, although I'm pretty sure I won't win anything. :cool:

ECM Carl
04-03-2006, 01:52 PM
what does I.C.E mean on the score sheet ???

Nemesis
04-03-2006, 01:55 PM
In car entertainment

ECM Carl
04-03-2006, 01:57 PM
In car entertainment

well my buddy garrett is coming down... hes entertaining and quite the character.

Nemesis
04-03-2006, 01:59 PM
^ I want your car :(

ECM Carl
04-03-2006, 02:13 PM
^ I want your car :(

i know a guy selling one.. pm if interested :D

Tiff-O-Bitties
04-03-2006, 03:21 PM
can't wait! i'll be reppin for the allstars.

Tiff-O-Bitties
04-03-2006, 03:22 PM

awww.. hell nah..

carrascopa
04-03-2006, 03:54 PM
if yall dont want people to complain about the judging than get good judges! There was a great team of judges awhile back that did the SVB shows.. I dont think those 2 got any complaints! Too bad they retired.. hahaha

Brett
04-03-2006, 04:03 PM
Yeah Alex did a good job back in the day when he judged to, not bad for a West Side playa atleast :D

4dmin
04-03-2006, 04:17 PM
man that Mcoupe is SEX!!!

alex... for those who don't know is the King Judge from cars to bikinis :D ;)

HalfBaked
04-03-2006, 05:22 PM
awww.. hell nah..

I'm not talking about you!!!

I don't even know you, so if you see some hot ass kid checking wrist bands, that'll be me. Say Hi. I may say hello in response.

EJ25RUN
04-03-2006, 05:25 PM
been to all the events so far, guess ill go again!

Sirk
04-04-2006, 01:19 AM
I'll be there!

4dmin
04-04-2006, 08:29 AM
TTT

Tiff-O-Bitties
04-04-2006, 09:08 AM
I'm not talking about you!!!

I don't even know you, so if you see some hot ass kid checking wrist bands, that'll be me. Say Hi. I may say hello in response.

i knew who you were referring to, i knew it wasn't me..

The Yousef
04-04-2006, 09:12 AM

..it was me :(

HalfBaked
04-04-2006, 09:13 AM

Excellent. Glad to hear it. However you still better say hi so I can say hello.

You don't know how excited I'll be to say hello to someone. I may just say it to the 1st person I see down there. Then I might waste a perfectly good hello on someone else!!!!

Silvernbluepearl
04-04-2006, 09:17 AM
wish i could make it to hang out but i have to go to some trade show in marietta where my car is needed

speedminded
04-04-2006, 09:20 AM
not me, i'm still wrong wheel drive :(

Tiff-O-Bitties
04-04-2006, 09:20 AM
Excellent. Glad to hear it. However you still better say hi so I can say hello.

You don't know how excited I'll be to say hello to someone. I may just say it to the 1st person I see down there. Then I might waste a perfectly good hello on someone else!!!!

I will... I guess I might be able to say hi to you...;)

ECMgarrett
04-04-2006, 09:27 AM
well my buddy garrett is coming down... hes entertaining and quite the character.

good one dude, i have nothing right now, no come back

St0lenR
04-04-2006, 09:48 AM
Who is ready for DRIFT FURY?

I know we are... we are ready to kick off the new season w/ a bang! We got the score sheets, we got the throphies (BOS 48" :: CLUB 46"), we have the cash prizes... drifting, car show, motorcycle stunt show, bikini contest, and much much more.

WTF PAUL!!! What happened to....we got the throphies (BOS 48" :: CLUB 46"), we have the cash prizes... drifting, car show, motorcycle stunt show, bikini contest and two bad ass dj's

HiPSI
04-04-2006, 10:15 AM
not me, i'm still wrong wheel drive :(

doesn't mean you can't take part in the festivities. you can shag cones all day!

4dmin
04-04-2006, 10:21 AM
wish i could make it to hang out but i have to go to some trade show in marietta where my car is needed

wow tim your alive, i heard you were done w/ no more events at all.

Silvernbluepearl
04-04-2006, 12:12 PM
thats right no more events at all. Bazooka asked me to do this trade show for them so i feel obligated since they have done a lot for me but most likely you won't see me show the car anymore...i am actually trying to sell it

4dmin
04-04-2006, 02:29 PM
thats right no more events at all. Bazooka asked me to do this trade show for them so i feel obligated since they have done a lot for me but most likely you won't see me show the car anymore...i am actually trying to sell it

thats cool time to move on to bigger better things :goodjob:

Tracy
04-04-2006, 07:52 PM

I tell you what Ruiner....I want to see you drift. You come, I'll let you try in in my car.....Once. We'll see how you do. Then maybe you'll understand a little better what we are trying to accomplish :) I have turned at least 7 people from driftng haters to people who have signed up for events. This includes Brandon (our tech) and Big Baller (the biggest hater on the planet:D)

It's fun, that's what it's about in the end. :yay:

Sledlude
04-04-2006, 10:01 PM
i'll be there if im not workin'

Ran
04-05-2006, 08:12 AM
I tell you what Ruiner....I want to see you drift. You come, I'll let you try in in my car.....Once. We'll see how you do. Then maybe you'll understand a little better what we are trying to accomplish :) I have turned at least 7 people from driftng haters to people who have signed up for events. This includes Brandon (our tech) and Big Baller (the biggest hater on the planet:D)

It's fun, that's what it's about in the end. :yay:+1

Ruiner, why would you need a time to have a goal? I personally go out there to get better and learn something that is fun as hell. You sound like ones of those people who believe that all forms of motorsports have to involve a clock and time keeping. Broaden your horizons a little.

The Yousef
04-05-2006, 08:46 AM
...i like b00bs

HalfBaked
04-05-2006, 10:11 AM

It's fun, that's what it's about in the end. :yay:

You'll never get me to sign up!!!!

FWD fo lyfe!!!!!

The Yousef
04-05-2006, 10:13 AM
You'll never get me to sign up!!!!

FWD fo lyfe!!!!!

Tray sliding FTW bitches!!!

Nemesis
04-05-2006, 10:16 AM
Nobody laugh at me when Im out there trying to learn :( That means you too halfbaked... :lmao:

HalfBaked
04-05-2006, 10:18 AM
Nobody laugh at me when Im out there trying to learn :( That means you too halfbaked... :lmao:

:(

But I laugh at everyone!

I'll stop while you are doing it tho.

I'll focus on fat girls wearing skimpy clothes.

A.P. Photography
04-05-2006, 10:19 AM
George don't feel bad. I got some pics of Tracy out there on the "Drift" course driving it like it was a "Road Course" :lmao: I don't think she got it sideways until the last run at the end. :thinking:

Love ya Tracy :)

The Yousef
04-05-2006, 10:19 AM

i'll laugh....and point

then giggle

then smirk

then laugh some more

A.P. Photography
04-05-2006, 10:20 AM
:(

But I laugh at everyone!

I'll stop while you are doing it tho.

I'll focus on fat girls wearing skimpy clothes.
:lmao: You should do it while wearing the Sombrero.

HalfBaked
04-05-2006, 10:29 AM
:lmao: You should do it while wearing the Sombrero.

Hmm..

If I can find it in my closet I just may wear it.

HiPSI
04-05-2006, 10:34 PM
those white gloves are going to be yellow due to the pollen.

there's trees in atlanta?