PDA

View Full Version : Misc Cassidy

B16a2 Civic
04-26-2005, 01:24 PM
well Cassidy has been goin hard for a while, i remember him back in tah day when he battled freeway from Roc-a-fella, Jay z had put out on the radio ( like 4 or 5 years ago, maybe shorter) that he had a rapper in teh studio that no one could take in a battle and swizz beats heard that shout out and called his artist cassidy and told him about it, well to sum it up cassidy went to the studio, swizz beats taped it, and freeway got murked in that battle, well from there cassidy put a few cd's out, none too great, alot of em seem'd too commercial. Now his recent cd "Im a hustla" is back to his roots, he's goin real hard like he used to, not caring much if he's gon make money off of it from what it seems, im feelin teh cd very much, he's always been a great battler but not a great song maker, but this cd is showin me he's a great battler and song maker, what do ya'll think about da kid?

NzProjeKt
04-26-2005, 04:19 PM
sure the kid Cass is nice.. He is actually an incredible freestyler....He ripped the mic on BET's The Basement.. I put him up there with Em and Cannibus..

Cassidy Vs. Em or Cannibus... Now that would be an interesting battle.. :crazy:

werd on the street is he was in the studio with Nas and Quan recently... :goodjob:

bicsintegra
04-27-2005, 11:42 AM
i'm a hustla is hot but it is the beat that is just ridiculous swiss came throuh on that one. why is he copying jay-z down to the remix and everything? i'm a hustla(2005) can't knock the hustle(1996) duet with mary j blige and he is doing the remix with her.

B16a2 Civic
04-27-2005, 11:48 AM
i'm a hustla is hot but it is the beat that is just ridiculous swiss came throuh on that one. why is he copying jay-z down to the remix and everything? i'm a hustla(2005) can't knock the hustle(1996) duet with mary j blige and he is doing the remix with her.

sometimes when you wanna be great early...you have to do what the great one's before you did when it was early for them

bicsintegra
05-20-2005, 09:26 AM
the i'm a hustla remix is sick even better than the original.

NzProjeKt
05-29-2005, 07:44 PM
I just finished watching SMACK DVD and Cassidy comes off as being VERY COCKY for just being such a young cat.... Yeah he has some talent but its kinda funny hearing him talking MAD SHIT about how all these rappers took his style and are running with it and what not...

He also was running his mouth about Murder Mook... Cassidy needs to stop being a bitch about it and just battle Mook...

Julio
05-30-2005, 06:10 PM
cassidy will never get no respect. he better stay at the motel with R kel fucking 16 year olds.

bicsintegra
05-31-2005, 10:26 AM
cassidy will never get no respect. he better stay at the motel with R kel fucking 16 year olds.

yeah i think that first candy apple shit he put out has really hurt him in the long run. look at ja rule you can't sing on one song and be grimey in the next it is too hard to pull off.

thinkfast®
05-31-2005, 12:16 PM
yup. no sissy shit man, it cant work

NzProjeKt
05-31-2005, 02:21 PM
why would it be hard to pull off ? Cass has been murdering mixtapes waaaay before his 1st CD dropped... He also jumped on The General Rmx. w/ Nas & Fat Joe when Swiss was trying to get him known...

What he is doing is not really uncommon..... Alot of cats do whatever they have to do just to sell records and make a name for themselves even if it means dropping a bunch of sissy shit.. Then once they are established, they can show the street some love with their somphmore album..... Fab. for example did the exact same thing...

Believe it or not people are really feeling Cassidy right now... The kid can freestyle off the top but its seems as though he is letting his buzz on the streets get to his head... I wanna see him battle Murder Mook or Papoose and when they rip his ass he will prob. be a little more humble and down to earth...

FrnkPwrs
06-05-2005, 04:42 PM
I thought he did battle Mook and killed him. I seen the Smack DVD when mook was calling him out, and props to Mook, but Mook isnt THAT nice. I remember listening to Canibus in like 97/98 and his freestyles. That was someoen that was NICE. Someone that would make you know you shitted onyourself by trying to battle. Mook isnt that nice, and cassidy is almost there.

Cassidy deserves his cockiness though. Right now he is like the standard when it comes to being a freestyle MC. Everyone rates your freestyle against cassidy. IF you got people fundraising to battle you, damn right, you've got talent.

NzProjeKt
06-05-2005, 07:03 PM
Mook may not be really really nice... And even if he doesnt murk Cass he will definetly be able to hold up quite nice...
Mook is college educated so that cat usually comes with some clever shit..

To my knowledge they havent battled yet.. On Smack Vol.7 Cassidy said Mook is a nobody so he isnt going to battle him unless the price is right...Regardless that is one battle i would like to see...

B16a2 Civic
06-06-2005, 02:17 PM
Jae Millz is the truth too

NzProjeKt
06-07-2005, 05:15 PM
Cassidy's label CEO and producer, Swizz Beatz, has confirmed that Cass will indeed be taking shots at 50 Cent in his new video, "B-Boy Stance." Swizz says 50 made fun of his friend on mixtapes and lightly called him out on the radio, so why not let the animalistic MC get some retribution?

"Everybody keeps talking about the thing with Cass and 50 — we just having fun with that," Swizz said last week. "Everybody else is doing what they want to do, why can't we do what we want to do? He's an artist just like 50 is an artist. But everybody is like 'Cass and 50?' like a helicopter is gonna come crashing. A couple of years ago, 50 was at the same place as Cassidy [is now]. So anything can change. Cassidy has been known for being a lyrical problem and he's gonna handle his business. The game is about taking risks and having fun and making history."

Swizz also hinted that Cass may be taking a few shots at 50 on wax, but insisted that he's not "promoting a violent beef."

"I think both artists should be creative," he said. "We not sitting up there like, 'Yeah, I want to see y'all and all that.' It's not even that serious. Everybody is so serious doing all this fronting, for what?"

Besides a parody of Curtis Jackson, Swizz said that the "B-Boy Stance" video also features a cameo from Kurtis Blow.

For more on the role of mixtapes in the music industry, check out the feature "Mixtapes: The Other Music Industry."

http://www.mtv.com/bands/m/mixtape_monday/060605/