PDA

View Full Version : i went ahead and did it.

CHADbee
04-02-2006, 07:34 PM
all i've ever owned is high revin' N/A honda's. times have changed. i guess i should change my SN as well but i really don't give a damn too. anyways here's my new ride. i got it about 3 weeks ago and been bustin ass trying to get it right. i bought it slightly used, 12K on it and i got a kickass deal.

05 SRT-4!!!
mods so far_weapon R short ram, DC sports front and rear upper strut bars, mopar BOV and hotchkis front and rear sway bars.

power is good on the cars so for right now i'm really just working on suspension and brakes cause i will be running the car on the track(road tracks not 1/4) but i've never had a boosted car and really don't know too much about them but i've joined srt forums (*BlackO5n77O*) and have been reading sticky's non stop. i've learned alot about my car and would really like to meet more srt-4 owners so when u have a tall skinny dude with tats walk up to u at the varsity thursday please be nice and drop some knowlage my way about theese kickass cars.

blackboi50
04-02-2006, 08:27 PM
hey we are all friendly.........well see u thurs nite bro.............1

Nitro
04-02-2006, 08:41 PM
^^u don't own an SRT4................. :slap:

CHADbee
04-02-2006, 09:22 PM
u don't own an SRT4................. :slap:

uhhh...were u talking to me or blackboi50?

rolling_trip
04-02-2006, 09:32 PM
good to see u working on suspension first, smart move. i really wish that was my original path to begin with on the STi. My advice is to learn to drive your car, then make it fast. congrats on the car

ct9a gsr
04-02-2006, 09:46 PM
I got a manual boost controller for sale... used it on my buddy's srt-4 for awhile and managed to spike 20psi and maintain it for awhile 'til it tapered to around 17psi towards redline. TurboXS HP MBC.

CHADbee
04-02-2006, 09:54 PM
good to see u working on suspension first, smart move. i really wish that was my original path to begin with on the STi. My advice is to learn to drive your car, then make it fast. congrats on the car

thanks... and yeah the suspension and brakes are very important to me. i plan on motor mounts, tein SS coilovers, traction bars, slotted rotors, pads and SS lines very soon, oh yeah and i want a short shifter too. then after all thats done(end of summer for sure) then i'll start on power mods. i plan on keeping the stock turbo and just going with a mopar stage 2, 3in o2 housing/downpipe/catbake and maybe a front mount that has better cooling. i also bought an Apexi turbo timer from a friend but have no clue as to how to hook it up. i'm good with working on cars but wiring that shit up scares me alittle so i'm just gonna take it to a shop and get it hooked up.

CHADbee
04-02-2006, 09:55 PM
I got a manual boost controller for sale... used it on my buddy's srt-4 for awhile and managed to spike 20psi and maintain it for awhile 'til it tapered to around 17psi towards redline. TurboXS HP MBC.

ummm...really? price?

blackboi50
04-02-2006, 10:08 PM
u don't own an SRT4................. :slap:

:smilefu:.....................neither do u!!!!!!!!!........:smilefu:..........1

SpoolBus
04-03-2006, 09:26 AM
thanks... and yeah the suspension and brakes are very important to me. i plan on motor mounts, tein SS coilovers, traction bars, slotted rotors, pads and SS lines very soon, oh yeah and i want a short shifter too. then after all thats done(end of summer for sure) then i'll start on power mods. i plan on keeping the stock turbo and just going with a mopar stage 2, 3in o2 housing/downpipe/catbake and maybe a front mount that has better cooling. i also bought an Apexi turbo timer from a friend but have no clue as to how to hook it up. i'm good with working on cars but wiring that shit up scares me alittle so i'm just gonna take it to a shop and get it hooked up.

Welcome and Ohh you sound like me when I first got my car..Mopar BOP and all...the car is quick stock but just not fast...when you start to get bored with the not so fastness of the car your mind changes...I thought I would keep the stock turbo and do stage 1...well that was a waste of money cause it just doesn't suffice...well I maxed out the stock turbo by ALOT and the best dyno was 300whp and 335ft lbs (after that just blowing hot air not very effiecent and reaches a plateau)..That kind of power is not bad but not enough...Soo thousands later I'm almost there! But don't waste the money on stage upgrades (unless stage 3 of course) becuase you will always want more...Go all the way or go home....just my :2cents: from somebody who wasted way to much money on a Neon....But it does make me :D

blackboi50
04-03-2006, 11:53 AM
Welcome and Ohh you sound like me when I first got my car..Mopar BOP and all...the car is quick stock but just not fast...when you start to get bored with the not so fastness of the car your mind changes...I thought I would keep the stock turbo and do stage 1...well that was a waste of money cause it just doesn't suffice...well I maxed out the stock turbo by ALOT and the best dyno was 300whp and 335ft lbs (after that just blowing hot air not very effiecent and reaches a plateau)..That kind of power is not bad but not enough...Soo thousands later I'm almost there! But don't waste the money on stage upgrades (unless stage 3 of course) becuase you will always want more...Go all the way or go home....just my :2cents: from somebody who wasted way to much money on a Neon....But it does make me :D

yo man wen u gonna make an apperance man?????......we aint seen ya in a minute dawg!!!!!!!..................1

SpoolBus
04-03-2006, 02:03 PM
yo man wen u gonna make an apperance man?????......we aint seen ya in a minute dawg!!!!!!!..................1

Ya still trying to save up for the tune after all the damn cash spent :rolleyes: But probably won't get tuned till 15th :dunno: But the flip side is it's gonna be ready for Tunerfest Shootout this year...so after the 15th I will be out and about....and you WILL see some videos makeing people say DAMN about the Neon...that I can promise ;)

Nitro
04-03-2006, 04:20 PM
been saying DAMN!!! bro..........much propz on it....lol

CHADbee
04-03-2006, 05:06 PM

oh dude trust me i know ur car. while i was researching SRT-4's i came in this section of IA and found u and went to ur page. much respect on building such a beast :yay:
but i'm really not into the crazy amounts of power cause i love road track racing and with that u can have too much power. don't get me wrong i know eventully i will upgrade the turbo to a 20G or a T3/T4 but i do not want to make over 400hp ever. i know it sounds weird and crazy but to post fast lap times i can't have that much power going through the front wheels. but i will be happy for awhile with 300 whp and 330+ wtq cause i really don't need anymore for what i plan on building my car for. but i also said all i'd ever own was honda/acura's so who knows what the future holds for my SRT-4. but my plans of right now are stock turbo with mopar stage 2 and mad suspension and brake mods.

SpoolBus
04-03-2006, 06:07 PM
oh dude trust me i know ur car. while i was researching SRT-4's i came in this section of IA and found u and went to ur page. much respect on building such a beast :yay:
but i'm really not into the crazy amounts of power cause i love road track racing and with that u can have too much power. don't get me wrong i know eventully i will upgrade the turbo to a 20G or a T3/T4 but i do not want to make over 400hp ever. i know it sounds weird and crazy but to post fast lap times i can't have that much power going through the front wheels. but i will be happy for awhile with 300 whp and 330+ wtq cause i really don't need anymore for what i plan on building my car for. but i also said all i'd ever own was honda/acura's so who knows what the future holds for my SRT-4. but my plans of right now are stock turbo with mopar stage 2 and mad suspension and brake mods.

Hey sounds good, thanks for the props, if you are into racing autocross style then maybe you know Dale Seeley at Lake Effect Racing..Great guy won the Road and Track "One Lap" race last year. He's all about autocross racing he's got a 04 SRT-4 Stage 3 with about 800Lbs. sheered off it and hell bent on track racing (roll cage, stage 3 suspension, stripped of all interior, CF hood & trunk, Lexan windows) I got a ride in it and DAMN ITS SCARY! and loud as hell! But he's a great guy and helps me with most of my installs in his garage. He could steer you in that direction....who better to reiceve advice from then a veteran of Neon racing as well as SRT. Check out his site http://www.lake-effect-racing.com Oh and BTW he will be first to tell you GO ALL MOPAR and as much power as possible as long as you can contol it...........so go crazy let it rip...just do it right :goodjob:

CHADbee
04-03-2006, 07:54 PM
yo mastakilla2003 thanks for the link i'm go check it out now. yeah i'm gonna do it right for sure. i want to lower my car so bad and get rid of that wheel gap but i'm not gonna buy a spring/shock combo. i'm going with full coilovers and i will be using some mopar products but to my knowlage mopar does'nt make 3inch exhaust products only 2.5. they don't offer bigger FMIC upgrade neither. thats why i'm gonna go with stage 2 and do other exhaust, thinkin Thermal research and design exhaust with a E-cutout for sure. oh and thanks for answering a question i was about to post in a new thread...there is a shop in GA with experance with SRT-4's :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

SpoolBus
04-03-2006, 08:10 PM
yo mastakilla2003 thanks for the link i'm go check it out now. yeah i'm gonna do it right for sure. i want to lower my car so bad and get rid of that wheel gap but i'm not gonna buy a spring/shock combo. i'm going with full coilovers and i will be using some mopar products but to my knowlage mopar does'nt make 3inch exhaust products only 2.5. they don't offer bigger FMIC upgrade neither. thats why i'm gonna go with stage 2 and do other exhaust, thinkin Thermal research and design exhaust with a E-cutout for sure. oh and thanks for answering a question i was about to post in a new thread...there is a shop in GA with experance with SRT-4's :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Ya exhaust wise I would check out MAXXFAB they have a badass side exit exhaust and they make the 3" O2 housing you want...he also is a local guy but he's one of the most popular exhaust O2 housing guys in the US. He's done the Super Street SRT4 project car exhaust and O2 housing for the magazine! I went ATP 3" down pipe with Electronic E cut out and Sebring Tuning Exhaust...but I would go with MAXXFAB if I had to do it over again. Also AGP huge FMIC is $600 and increases power 13HP I have it ITS HOTNESS and works great! Dale only works on select cars in his garage and does anything talk with him tell him Matt told you to call and he will help you out. :D http://www.maxxfab.com yet another link!

CHADbee
04-03-2006, 09:46 PM
Ya exhaust wise I would check out MAXXFAB they have a badass side exit exhaust and they make the 3" O2 housing you want...he also is a local guy but he's one of the most popular exhaust O2 housing guys in the US. He's done the Super Street SRT4 project car exhaust and O2 housing for the magazine! I went ATP 3" down pipe with Electronic E cut out and Sebring Tuning Exhaust...but I would go with MAXXFAB if I had to do it over again. Also AGP huge FMIC is $600 and increases power 13HP I have it ITS HOTNESS and works great! Dale only works on select cars in his garage and does anything talk with him tell him Matt told you to call and he will help you out. :D http://www.maxxfab.com yet another link!

damn keep'em comin!!! yeah i went through the super street collection to find they're project car, i remember them doing a srt-4 project car and found all the mags with it in it and read them again. yeah i've heard nothing but good things about maxxfab products but did'nt know he was around atlanta. i've never even heard of sebring tuning exhaust?! i've also been lookin into the perrin exhaust and the TR&D. O2/DP/Catback will be my 1st power mod once i get every thing else right. what have you seen or heard about the perrin and TR&D exhaust?

rolling_trip
04-03-2006, 09:50 PM
i have head the perrin on a local srt-4, and it sounds pretty damn good. of course i am a perrin parts whore

CHADbee
04-03-2006, 09:55 PM
i have head the perrin on a local srt-4, and it sounds pretty damn good. of course i am a perrin parts whore

yeah i can tell by the mod list on the dyno sheet!

Member31410
04-04-2006, 02:40 AM
Welcome to the Dodge section bro. http://forums.importatlanta.com/images/smilies/goodjob.gif

If you get anything from Maxxfab, let him know that you're in the ATL. You might get a discount. http://forums.importatlanta.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

SpoolBus
04-04-2006, 06:55 AM
damn keep'em comin!!! yeah i went through the super street collection to find they're project car, i remember them doing a srt-4 project car and found all the mags with it in it and read them again. yeah i've heard nothing but good things about maxxfab products but did'nt know he was around atlanta. i've never even heard of sebring tuning exhaust?! i've also been lookin into the perrin exhaust and the TR&D. O2/DP/Catback will be my 1st power mod once i get every thing else right. what have you seen or heard about the perrin and TR&D exhaust?

I would recommend Perrin anyday...I have a Perrin Big Bore Fuel Rail and it's a real nice quality piece! Safe to say the best fuel rail you can buy for the SRT4..I would go with any Perrin Products :goodjob:

Spike
04-05-2006, 07:33 AM
Hey masta....Im a blown stg2 with 370 dawg.....*cries a little* but my motor is authenic, had Cox racing do the rebuild on it. *wink wink* so you know what I mean.

Nitro
04-05-2006, 08:28 AM
^^ waz up dawg? good seeing ya yesterday.......the whip sound niceeeee :D

SpoolBus
04-05-2006, 11:50 AM
Hey masta....Im a blown stg2 with 370 dawg.....*cries a little* but my motor is authenic, had Cox racing do the rebuild on it. *wink wink* so you know what I mean.

ya thats pretty good..370 Whp or 370Wtq...on a stock turbo? How many PSI and what supporting mods...?
I checked and the record for highest HP on stock non ported turbo system without Nitrous is 329whp dyno'd and been the record for almost a year! (source srt forums )

blackboi50
04-05-2006, 03:16 PM
ya thats pretty good..370 Whp or 370Wtq...on a stock turbo? How many PSI and what supporting mods...?
I checked and the record for highest HP on stock non ported turbo system without Nitrous is 329whp dyno'd and been the record for almost a year! (source srt forums )

i think hes stg 2 bro................but i dunno!!!!!!............1

SpoolBus
04-05-2006, 03:25 PM
i think hes stg 2 bro................but i dunno!!!!!!............1

Ya stage 2 is still stock turbo just new;
(1) Stage 2 PCM
(4) +30% Fuel Injectors (682 cc/min)
(1) Wastegate Actuator
(1) 3.0 bar TIP Sensor
Turbo Toys- if purchased (intercooler sprayer, high octain switch, and dial a boost selector)

Stage 3 is the only Mopar stage with new larger turbo.

But now I'm pretty sure he runs Nitrous...that would most deff. produce those numbers :eek:

blackboi50
04-05-2006, 04:09 PM
see..........you learn something new everyday bro........preciate the info.......

PS- i dont think hes on the bottle either...............but once again i dunno!!!!!!................1

Kryptonite
04-05-2006, 09:37 PM
I dont think hes spraying- I havnt seen a bottle, and i dont think his sig would talk about hittin a chick with std's if he had one ..... :confused:

Nitrous is like a Hot Chick with STD's. You want to hit it, but scared of the outcome.....

Spike
04-06-2006, 08:16 AM
I dont think hes spraying- I havnt seen a bottle, and i dont think his sig would talk about hittin a chick with std's if he had one ..... :confused:

No Bottle.

Stage 2 PCM
750cc injectors
I swapped the stage 2 map with a DASmopar Map.
GReddy downpipe
mopar exhaust
motor is bored .030 over
It has been resleeved and i was told it could know handle 40psi
JE Pistons 8.0:1
Crower Connecting Rods
Crane Valve Springs and Titanium Retainers
Aluminum Flywheel
Clutchmaster stage3 clutch
Mopar BOV
Walboro 255lph fuel pump
Ragetek turbo swap--When rage was still doing it
Crane 10 cams (no adjustable gears, did not like how they stuck out)

There ya go...that is everything.

I used a buddy of mine's eManage to tune it and do all the adjustments.

blackboi50
04-06-2006, 01:34 PM
So are the SRTs gonna be at the varsity to play tonite???????????:)...........1

SpoolBus
04-06-2006, 02:37 PM
So are the SRTs gonna be at the varsity to play tonite???????????:)...........1

Sorry man not gonna happen tonight :cool: Just made the appointment for the full tune April 15th...... :( But looking forward to future meets

blackboi50
04-07-2006, 10:57 AM
Sorry man not gonna happen tonight :cool: Just made the appointment for the full tune April 15th...... :( But looking forward to future meets

the SRTs were out hard last nite man!!!!!!!!!...........u missed out.......1

CHADbee
07-17-2006, 06:56 PM
baaahahahahaaa!!! ya'll remember this shit?
did look like this.....

CHADbee
07-17-2006, 06:59 PM
now this...

Keebs ð¿ð
07-17-2006, 08:00 PM
Hey, that IC looks familar! I think you stole it off my car... How dare you! lol Let me know when theblock off plate comes in, it should be there tomorrow

CHADbee
07-17-2006, 10:31 PM
Hey, that IC looks familar! I think you stole it off my car... How dare you! lol Let me know when theblock off plate comes in, it should be there tomorrow
:ninja: u did'nt even notice it was gone till now :ninja:
yeah i'll call u when u get it in the mail...thanks again.

Keebs ð¿ð
07-18-2006, 12:10 AM
Hey I got a new fmic in today too, check it out! http://forums.importatlanta.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

http://www.kontrolledperformance.com/skyline/fmic/fmic1.jpg

http://www.kontrolledperformance.com/skyline/fmic/fmic2.jpg

http://www.kontrolledperformance.com/skyline/fmic/fmic3.jpg

http://www.kontrolledperformance.com/skyline/fmic/fmic4.jpg

http://www.kontrolledperformance.com/skyline/fmic/fmic5.jpg

CHADbee
07-18-2006, 10:41 AM
hellz yeah....nice!

SpoolBus
07-18-2006, 11:16 AM
Looks good..I c U got da full 3" exhaust! Nice..looks like your almost ready for your 20G :D

CHADbee
07-18-2006, 05:05 PM
Looks good..I c U got da full 3" exhaust! Nice..looks like your almost ready for your 20G :D
by next summer i will have the 20G or a .50 trim