PDA

View Full Version : Shot a rabbit

TheSnail
03-30-2006, 07:56 PM
I shot a rabbit today. I was in the woods chasing a squirrel and as I sat there still, waiting for the squirrel to move when I heard something move in the other direction. Behind this log is saw a glimps of something move, so I hid behind a tree. I slowly crept to the side of the tree and rested the gun against the side of the tree. Aiming it at the log. Then the rabbit jumped on top of the log, I aimed at its head and bam. It slumped over, and that was it. I went over to it and saw entry wound was under its ear and the exit was out of the other ear. And since I am using hollow point pellets and a powerful airgun, it blew it's brains out of its ear. I normally shoot squirrels and the gun normally shoot through them even at 150ft. but this was the first rabbit I shot with this gun and am impressed with the power. Its my new hobby now. Ive been killing everything with a heartbeat with my new pelletgun for several weeks now. Ive completely lost count, but maybe about 80 kills in the past month. Like today I shot the rabbit, a squirrel and a robin. Yesterday I shot 2 squirrels and a woodpecker. The day before that I shot 5 squirrels and a crow. Now the problem is that Im running out of squirrels to shoot. I probably exterminated the squirrel families that were on my property, so now I am shooting the neighbors squirrels when they wonder off into my yard. Any way, here is a picture of the rabbit. The dog took it, and wouldn’t let me get near or he would pick it up and relocate. So its not the best pics of the rabbit.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/thesnail/IMG_0926.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/thesnail/IMG_0922.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/thesnail/IMG_0921.jpg

thecrazyone
03-30-2006, 09:16 PM
thats fuckin sweet

Stormhammer
03-30-2006, 09:22 PM
lol I just love how your dog is walking away with it

TheSnail
03-30-2006, 09:28 PM
The gun I'm using is a Gamo Shadow 1000. (1000fps .177cal)

http://www.todo-deporte.com/catalogo/images/images_big2/gamoShadow%201000.jpg

Using these hallow point pellets (crosman)

http://www.crosman.com/2004/img/catalog/thumbnails/LHP77.jpg

TheSnail
03-30-2006, 09:32 PM
lol I just love how your dog is walking away with it

I shot the rabbit, brought it back to the house to show my dad (which was not home at the time). Then I had to go to class and when I got back, the dog took it and would not give me the rabbit back. Now my dad does not belive that I shot the rabbit. Fucking dog :)

Jaimecbr900
03-31-2006, 11:44 AM
Question:

Is there a reason for all that killing? I'm a hunter, but I eat what I kill. Do you?

B16a2 Civic
03-31-2006, 11:48 AM
must be a white thing
is that the speedmonkey crew in ya sig LIRL

Halfwit
03-31-2006, 11:50 AM
i used to do that shit, i love killing small animals. but then like within a week there were no more, they would not come around my house. there used to be birds singing all the time, not anymore.

kelly marie
03-31-2006, 12:34 PM
way to go.. you just killed the easter bunny... :(

Halfwit
03-31-2006, 12:50 PM
im still wondering how long it will take for the IA chapter of PITA (or whatever) to get all up i ntheis bitch,

Nitro
03-31-2006, 12:54 PM
way to go.. you just killed the easter bunny... :(

:lmfao:

TheSnail
03-31-2006, 01:30 PM
I went on a buying spre yesterday. I got a cz 22cal snipper rifle. Then since the gun has no sights on it, I bought a big ass Nikon scope for it. It totaled close to $700 which is alot, but the thing can hit dimes at 100meters everytime. They said the gun will arrive on monday, since they had to order it but I went ahead and payed for it in advance. Im off today to order some SniperSubSonic rounds (sss) since they go below the speed of sound and dont make a crackle. In fact its a good bit quieter then my pellet gun. They go the same speed as my pellet gun but the pellet weighs 7.9grains and bullet weighs 60grains, so the 22 has 7+ times the force of the pellet impact. I think yall get why I bought this gun. Its not legal to do, but who will know;). Those animals better run away this weekend, because once I sight it in on monday, it will game over for them.

Here is what the gun looks like with an almost identical setup as mine.

http://hem.bredband.net/b245405/cz452v.JPG

aaronfelipe
03-31-2006, 01:34 PM
Question:

Is there a reason for all that killing? I'm a hunter, but I eat what I kill. Do you?
I agree.I think its fucking sick.

Halfwit
03-31-2006, 01:35 PM
I went on a buying spre yesterday. I got a cz 22cal snipper rifle. Then since the gun has no sights on it, I bought a big ass Nikon scope for it. It totaled close to $700 which is alot, but the thing can hit dimes at 100meters everytime. They said the gun will arrive on monday, since they had to order it but I went ahead and payed for it in advance. Im off today to order some SniperSubSonic rounds (sss) since they go below the speed of sound and dont make a crackle. In fact its a good bit quieter then my pellet gun. They go the same speed as my pellet gun but the pellet weighs 7.9grains and bullet weighs 60grains, so the 22 has 7+ times the force of the pellet impact. I think yall get why I bought this gun. Its not legal to do, but who will know;). Those animals better run away this weekend, because once I sight it in on monday, it will game over for them.

Here is what the gun looks like with an almost identical setup as mine.

http://hem.bredband.net/b245405/cz452v.JPG

yes!! post more pics!! when u do!

TheSnail
03-31-2006, 01:38 PM
I agree.I think its fucking sick.

Its great to listen to them scream in fear and pain. I cant go to sleep at night with out replaying the screams from earlyer that day. So if I dont get anything during the day, then I have nothing to replay that night. ;)

Halfwit
03-31-2006, 01:39 PM
Its great to listen to them scream in fear and pain. I cant go to sleep at night with out replaying the screams from earlyer that day. So if I dont get anything during the day, then I have nothing to replay that night.
i would shoot mostly birds off of telephone lines, i loved to watch them fall straight down flapping their wings. i would just laugh.... it was funny.

Killer
03-31-2006, 01:49 PM
it's one thing for a twelve year old to go around and shoot a couple black birds/maybe some squirrels... but come on dude... what since is there in that.... i'm a hunter as well and it's guys like u that give hunters a bad name... especially at this time of year.. i mean it's almost spring a lot of animals still have babies in them.... or have just given birth....

TheSnail
03-31-2006, 01:51 PM
i would shoot mostly birds off of telephone lines, i loved to watch them fall straight down flapping their wings. i would just laugh.... it was funny.

Also the big thud you hear when you hit one. When I shot that robin yesterday, the hit was almost as loud as the gun itself, lol. I think them things must be hallow lol.

TheSnail
03-31-2006, 01:54 PM
it's one thing for a twelve year old to go around and shoot a couple black birds/maybe some squirrels... but come on dude... what since is there in that.... i'm a hunter as well and it's guys like u that give hunters a bad name... especially at this time of year.. i mean it's almost spring a lot of animals still have babies in them.... or have just given birth....

Thats another good point. The babie birds that give their location away by sqeaking. So I just fire into the nest until the sqeaking stops.

Halfwit
03-31-2006, 01:55 PM
Thats another good point. The babie birds that give their location away by sqeaking. So I just fire into the nest until the sqeaking stops.
lol owned!!!

Killer
03-31-2006, 02:04 PM
oh my bad.... u must be a twelve year old....

man all your little middle school friends must think your the shid!!!!

TheSnail
03-31-2006, 03:12 PM
Im twice the age, but it still makes me cool. I have to go hunt now, but I'll tell you what, I will kill one just for you. Which kind of bird do you want? Or maybe even a squirrel if there are any left. I have engraved a small "k" on a pellet, so my next kill is just for you.

TheSnail
03-31-2006, 03:18 PM
Is it legal for me to shoot a real gun on my property, because I just read the gun laws in GA, and it says it not legal to discharge a firearm 50yards from any street or highway. Also its not legal to discharge a firearm within 1000ft from a school. I live on 3.5 acres and it is 500+ft from any road, and 1 mile from the nearest school. So that makes it legal to shoot the 22cal right? Here is the copy and paste from the GA gun law site.

"It is unlawful to: point a firearm at another person; discharge a firearm within 50 yards of a public highway or street; discharge a firearm on the property of another person without the property owner`s permission; possess a firearm during the commission of most crimes; while hunting, use a firearm in a manner that endangers another person; or discharge a firearm while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Firearms may not be carried to any "public gathering," even by an individual licensed to carry a firearm. Public gatherings include, but are not limited to, athletic events, church functions, political rallies, all publicly owned or operated buildings and all places where alcoholic beverages are sold for consumption on the premises."

Halfwit
03-31-2006, 03:18 PM
Im twice the age, but it still makes me cool. I have to go hunt now, but I'll tell you what, I will kill one just for you. Which kind of bird do you want? Or maybe even a squirrel if there are any left. I have engraved a small "k" on a pellet, so my next kill is just for you.
fuk that! i dont get a kill? lol

TheSnail
03-31-2006, 03:26 PM
* insripts small "H" *

collins
03-31-2006, 08:12 PM
Its great to listen to them scream in fear and pain. I cant go to sleep at night with out replaying the screams from earlyer that day. So if I dont get anything during the day, then I have nothing to replay that night. ;)

are you serious? if so, dude you need help.

TheSnail
04-01-2006, 10:16 PM
It was a joke. Most of them are choking on there own blood so I rarely hear them scream.

civic95
04-02-2006, 09:45 PM
Come kill this stupid bird that keeps shitting on my cars. Everyday he is out there sitting on the mirror, looking at himself in the window, and shitting all down the side of the car. I have to wash the bird shit off daily now.

TheSnail
04-03-2006, 12:35 AM
I would but "East Bumblefuck Georgia" sounds far away. I would not mind going over there to take care of that bird if you were within 20ish miles away.