PDA

View Full Version : DRAG STRIPS

dowhatido
03-30-2006, 12:20 PM
are there any other drag stips, besides valdosta...too far, i go to comerce, but that track suck big ass, can ever get the whole shot cause of all the composits from the red-neck slicks.............any1 know where to go?

bigdare23
03-30-2006, 03:32 PM
are there any other drag stips, besides valdosta...too far, i go to comerce, but that track suck big ass, can ever get the whole shot cause of all the composits from the red-neck slicks.............any1 know where to go?

Try Silver Dollar Raceway in Reynolds

Jason04srt4
03-30-2006, 03:33 PM
www.silverdollarraceway.com in reynolds, ga
I went there last weekend and finally got into the 12's

rolling_trip
03-30-2006, 03:34 PM
another vote for reynolds, first chance i get i wll be heading back there.

dowhatido
03-30-2006, 03:35 PM
SILVER DOLLAR ...HUH, HELL YA SOUNDS GOOD WHERE BOUTS IS THAT, OR WHAT IS IT CLOSE TO?

Jason04srt4
03-30-2006, 03:43 PM
75 south, lil bit past macon That website has directions

dowhatido
03-30-2006, 03:49 PM
YA I JUST SAW THAT NOT THAT BAD, HOW ARE THE GATES TRACTION WISE, CAN U ACTUALY GET A WHOLE SHOT THERE

Brady
03-30-2006, 05:45 PM
A holeshot (not whole shot) at the gates? What are we super crossing 250cc bikes now? Well you can get good launches from the tree, yes. Track is prep there is very good. I cut my best times in both the tib and the s40 at the track and also better 60's than at Commerce.

RUSH
03-30-2006, 09:32 PM
A holeshot (not whole shot) at the gates? What are we super crossing 250cc bikes now? Well you can get good launches from the tree, yes. Track is prep there is very good. I cut my best times in both the tib and the s40 at the track and also better 60's than at Commerce.

lol...I was fixing to start naming some motocross tracks!

I like newbie drag racers...lol...trying to be all hard and what not but are not making any since while doing it!

Steele(spl) AL is a good one to go to and there very Lenient...as in, you can get away with safety crap if you dont have it!

Montgomery Al, as well....also lenient!

93H22ACX
03-31-2006, 06:52 AM
lol...I was fixing to start naming some motocross tracks!

I like newbie drag racers...lol...trying to be all hard and what not but are not making any since while doing it!

Steele(spl) AL is a good one to go to and there very Lenient...as in, you can get away with safety crap if you dont have it!

Montgomery Al, as well....also lenient!

did they fix the end of the 1/4 in steele? last april we were hitting our heads at the end of the track and cutting up our slicks.... damn bumps..

but yeah... Reynolds :goodjob:

dowhatido
03-31-2006, 08:47 AM
thats cool..if it makes you feel bigger to put some1 down, than go ahead. i am kinda a newb, but still hold my own. i dont talk shit to people to try and make my self feel better becasue i'm a piece of shit..............hope you all feel real cool now, even better hope you feel big for talking shit over the web like a pussy. my car isnt the fastest, but i can LAUNCH @.011 damn near everytime, and i dod used to race ama......bitches!

phongt12
03-31-2006, 09:03 AM
can anyone tell me the directions to silver dollar from UGA (athens, ga)? i can't seem to mapquest the drag strip.

bigdare23
03-31-2006, 09:10 AM
can anyone tell me the directions to silver dollar from UGA (athens, ga)? i can't seem to mapquest the drag strip.

{Assuming you can get to 75}
The exit is off of 75s about 25min south of Macon. I don't know the #, but it's the Fort Valley/ Byron exit. Take that right. You will be on Peach Parkway. Drive about 12miles and take a right on 96 (I believe west). Drive another 12-15 miles and you would be in the small town of Reynolds. The track is on the left side about a mile up from the only red light you see.

dowhatido
03-31-2006, 09:35 AM
i live in monroe, you can hit me up i can tell you a good way to go to 75

supraman85
03-31-2006, 09:54 AM
How much does it cost to get in. I live in Columbus. What is the race days?

dowhatido
03-31-2006, 10:32 AM
go to silverdollarraceway.com, or google it, but i think that is was the site is, it's like $20 to race and this weekend is ford weekend so no open session, but next weekend there will be a test an tune

Brady
03-31-2006, 04:22 PM
go to silverdollarraceway.com, or google it, but i think that is was the site is, it's like $20 to race and this weekend is ford weekend so no open session, but next weekend there will be a test an tune
every friday is test and tune.

Brady
03-31-2006, 04:23 PM
thats cool..if it makes you feel bigger to put some1 down, than go ahead. i am kinda a newb, but still hold my own. i dont talk shit to people to try and make my self feel better becasue i'm a piece of shit..............hope you all feel real cool now, even better hope you feel big for talking shit over the web like a pussy. my car isnt the fastest, but i can LAUNCH @.011 damn near everytime, and i dod used to race ama......bitches!
wow .011 launch? Is that similar to a 60'? Or is .011 LAUNCH a reaction time? Funny, but i thought you had "whole shot" problems at the track when the gate drops. Oh yes, I am a pussy and I do feel bigger for putting some1 err someone down for sounding like a jack ass, oh and would never say this to your face...or would I....??

RUSH
03-31-2006, 06:03 PM
did they fix the end of the 1/4 in steele? last april we were hitting our heads at the end of the track and cutting up our slicks.... damn bumps..

but yeah... Reynolds :goodjob:

lol....I know what you mean, and I dont think anything has been done!

That is some scary stuff right there running like 135-140mph and hitting that at the end!

As for CIVICGSR15.... Settle down man, slow down and type a lil better so we all know what in the world you are talking about! We were'nt laughing at you, we were laughing with you!lol
If your talking about a .011 reaction time, then way to go, but that doesnt always win race's, your time doesnt start till you move!

And so, do tell me what you use to race? You did say AMA right?

hondachick22
04-01-2006, 09:44 AM
some time it is the reaction that wins the race

Brady
04-01-2006, 12:29 PM
some time it is the reaction that wins the race
depends if it is a bracketed race. But your et isn't calculated until you leave the line...errrr gates, haha.

RUSH
04-01-2006, 12:36 PM
depends if it is a bracketed race. But your et isn't calculated until you leave the line...errrr gates, haha.

lol...and no one is gonna be at the finish line with a checkered flag!

Brady
04-01-2006, 02:35 PM
but yeah, we can a can-can before we cross the 1/4, right?

bigdare23
04-01-2006, 02:54 PM
How much does it cost to get in. I live in Columbus. What is the race days?

Well, test and tune is on friday nights from 7-11pm. It cost $10 to watch, but I don't know how much to run :dunno:

dowhatido
04-04-2006, 12:15 PM
you say ur not talking shit but u still do, yes ama is was i used to race. so because of that i dont aknow all the correct terms to used when referencing to drag racing......sorry for my lack of experience. i am still learning, just dont need anyone talking shit to me while doing so i'm not afrade to admit that, if you are more educated you should be able to just help and not make fun............but on the other hand if want to fukn fight about it than we can go that route as well. so either say sorry, and i will do the same for taking you the wrong way, or fuk off!!!!!!!!

Halfwit
04-04-2006, 12:17 PM
you say ur not talking shit but u still do, yes ama is was i used to race. so because of that i dont aknow all the correct terms to used when referencing to drag racing......sorry for my lack of experience. i am still learning, just dont need anyone talking shit to me while doing so i'm not afrade to admit that, if you are more educated you should be able to just help and not make fun............but on the other hand if want to fukn fight about it than we can go that route as well. so either say sorry, and i will do the same for taking you the wrong way, or fuk off!!!!!!!!
dood its just the internet, dont worry about people telling u to go to commerce and get "the hole-shot" lol just do wut u do.

dowhatido
04-04-2006, 12:24 PM
hell ya it's cool to see som1 on the same page as me......thanx bro

NevrNufTorq
04-04-2006, 04:24 PM

whatup rush?!?! now you know good and well reaction times count in any race! you could have a better e.t. but if my reaction time gets me across the trap 1st i still win!!! guys get beat all the time and they'll run 2/10's better but get beat off the line. latr bro! :D

Brady
04-04-2006, 04:54 PM
whatup rush?!?! now you know good and well reaction times count in any race! you could have a better e.t. but if my reaction time gets me across the trap 1st i still win!!! guys get beat all the time and they'll run 2/10's better but get beat off the line. latr bro! :D

i interpreted that as you enjoy gay anal butt secks.

RUSH
04-04-2006, 05:07 PM

Whats up fella... I know, Im just giving this dude a hard time...lol
It really just depends what your racing, if your in a 14sec car up against a 9sec car then reaction time doesnt matter..you know?

CIVICGSR15.... Dude, your the only one freaking out in this thread! Ok....you have told me you raced AMA....WHAT DID YOU RACE?!?

SPOOLIN
04-04-2006, 05:50 PM

red neck slicks, im not sure what you mean by that.

Steele is a great place to hook. its a tad rough at the run out but its gotten a lot better.

NevrNufTorq
04-04-2006, 07:52 PM
[QUOTE=RUSH]Whats up fella... I know, Im just giving this dude a hard time...lol
It really just depends what your racing, if your in a 14sec car up against a 9sec car then reaction time doesnt matter..you know?

very true my friend! but you know how it is in your own class with a quick 8 final!! you been at the track this year? any new times? my block is almost done. 500+ here i come!! :D

what up spoolin?

RUSH
04-04-2006, 07:58 PM
very true my friend! but you know how it is in your own class with a quick 8 final!! you been at the track this year? any new times? my block is almost done. 500+ here i come!! :D

what up spoolin?

yeah I hit [email protected] with problems...lol....dude, I took the car in last week for a few lil goodies, its gonna be a different lil car now...should be sitting right at mid 9's. I had a huge mess to clean up on it from previous work, and now Im getting the car where it should be now!

NevrNufTorq
04-04-2006, 09:32 PM
yeah I hit [email protected] with problems...lol....dude, I took the car in last week for a few lil goodies, its gonna be a different lil car now...should be sitting right at mid 9's. I had a huge mess to clean up on it from previous work, and now Im getting the car where it should be now!

sweet man! nice time slip! like to see one of those 9 second passes. when you gonna get your liscense(NHRA)? even steele will toss you off the track with no liscense and you know all the other safety stuff. whose doing all your work now? just wondering? you can pm me if it's under wraps ;) . latr :D

RUSH
04-04-2006, 09:49 PM
sweet man! nice time slip! like to see one of those 9 second passes. when you gonna get your liscense(NHRA)? even steele will toss you off the track with no liscense and you know all the other safety stuff. whose doing all your work now? just wondering? you can pm me if it's under wraps ;) . latr :D

Pm sent!
We are going to Valdosta the week before the Nopi deal, and testing the car...hope to see some 9's there if everything goes well!
I do have to work on getting my license, and I have to add two more points, which go through my dash...fun fun!lol

SampaGuy
04-05-2006, 03:10 PM
does anybody know if any of these tracks have open session on weekdays (not friday/saturday)? i wont have another friday/saturday off work for at least another month.

SPOOLIN
04-05-2006, 04:02 PM
steele is open sat and sun 12-4 for tt. saturday they have bracket races, but not every saturday

silviadriftr
04-05-2006, 09:04 PM
Pm sent!
We are going to Valdosta the week before the Nopi deal, and testing the car...hope to see some 9's there if everything goes well!
I do have to work on getting my license, and I have to add two more points, which go through my dash...fun fun!lol

Don't forgot the parachute with those extra bars! lol!!!!!

RUSH
04-06-2006, 01:32 AM
Don't forgot the parachute with those extra bars! lol!!!!!

lol
yeah, I know...we talked about it, thats gonna suck to!