PDA

View Full Version : My recomendation

Cliff
04-25-2005, 09:31 PM
alright i am in the mood to do some constructive whoring...

if anyone is in the market for a nice car with good mileage and a good price chack out the mini cooper....i was lookin at one for 16 and change and they went up to 27 for a fully loaded s......test drove one like below that was 22 which was the base 115hp motor 5 speed and loaded interior....28 36 mpg which was awesome and as far as handling and pick up goes i was highly highly impressed with the car....

http://www.minimotors.com/cars/cooper_s/side_b.jpg
http://i5.ebayimg.com/02/i/03/3a/f3/ec_1_b.JPG

http://photos1.flickr.com/56889_4d127067b8.jpg

Cliff
04-25-2005, 09:32 PM
http://images.autobytel.com/Web/Carpics/NCTD/04-mini-interior-2.jpg
http://www.minimotors.com/cars/cooper_s/inside_b.jpg

RandomGuy
04-25-2005, 09:36 PM
who cares bout the stats man... thats the faggiest car in history...

If the remake of Italian Job never came out every1 would say the same thing... :gay:

if you had 22k to spend ... lol cmon man... who would even CONSIDER that car with all of the other options in that range... and an RX8 will kill that car in EVERY sense for the same price.

AznTraitor
04-25-2005, 09:36 PM
I drove a Cooper S up 129 and 60, and that thing is great! very peppy cars, turn in is great, and it could stop on a dime. Only problem is, that most people who own Mini's are sped's......

green91
04-25-2005, 09:37 PM
i honestly think a mini will out handle a rx8.

cliff you would look fagtastic in a mini cooper. you could fit it in the back of your truck

AznTraitor
04-25-2005, 09:39 PM

If the remake of Italian Job never came out every1 would say the same thing... :gay:

if you had 22k to spend ... lol cmon man... who would even CONSIDER that car with all of the other options in that range... and an RX8 will kill that car in EVERY sense for the same price.

I think RX8's are highly over-rated...he was just saying something different that not everyone here has really brought up before.

Cliff
04-25-2005, 09:44 PM
so no one here has wives who like somthing other than a civic?
no one has daughters who might want somthing fun when they turn 16?
if it isn't an asian import it's not a cool car?
the old mini's were sick as hell the new ones are awesome....they handle great and have a fairly decent power to weight ratio....quit being so worried about what the world sees as acceptable and live life

AznTraitor
04-25-2005, 09:47 PM
so no one here has wives who like somthing other than a civic?
no one has daughters who might want somthing fun when they turn 16?
if it isn't an asian import it's not a cool car?
the old mini's were sick as hell the new ones are awesome....they handle great and have a fairly decent power to weight ratio....quit being so worried about what the world sees as acceptable and live life

shut up fairy boy!

Cliff
04-25-2005, 09:48 PM

let's see bmw quality for alot cheaper than the lowest model 3 series coupe...and actually hell yea i'd consider it...throw on some bbs wheels a turbo and a mild drop and you'd have one hell of a fun car....and all the while getting killer gas mileage awesome parking spaces most cars would have to pass up, being able to parellel (SP?)park in practically ANY parking spot.....seems to me that the mini is a killer car for the price

Buford®
04-25-2005, 09:49 PM
Hey Cliff, did you wear your boots this time? :lmfao:

RandomGuy
04-25-2005, 09:54 PM
let's see bmw quality for alot cheaper than the lowest model 3 series coupe...and actually hell yea i'd consider it...throw on some bbs wheels a turbo and a mild drop and you'd have one hell of a fun car....and all the while getting killer gas mileage awesome parking spaces most cars would have to pass up, being able to parellel (SP?)park in practically ANY parking spot.....seems to me that the mini is a killer car for the price

true... but still to me, they are a universal symbol of homosexuality... not that there is anything wrong with that... just my opinion... I do hear mad ppl saying that they handle like beasts..

with 22k id get a 96 300zxTT and then some upgrades .... or if you look hard enough you can find an older stang COBRA

but the mini may perform well modded just may be an acquired taste i guess?

Cliff
04-25-2005, 09:55 PM
actually i did i just dropped by union city after work....everytime i hit the gas i tapped the break and everytime i clutched it i hit the break...lol darn these size 13's

quickdodge®
04-25-2005, 09:57 PM
http://www.cars.com/features/mvp/mini/cooper/images/p0002207.jpg

http://forums.autoweek.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/25-12035-229143-2841/000_0018.JPG

Awesome fucking car...Later, QD.

Cliff
04-25-2005, 09:59 PM
true... but still to me, they are a universal symbol of homosexuality... not that there is anything wrong with that... just my opinion... I do hear mad ppl saying that they handle like beasts..

with 22k id get a 96 300zxTT and then some upgrades .... or if you look hard enough you can find an older stang COBRA

but the mini may perform well modded just may be an acquired taste i guess?

only thing is to me i would rather have a new car than an early 90's....only way i'd get an older car is if it's a muscle car....i like new vehicles and considering you can get a very nicely equiped mini built by bmw for the same price as a civic it's kinda hard to compare....

Cliff
04-25-2005, 10:00 PM
http://photos1.flickr.com/56889_4d127067b8.jpg

and honestly that car with a turbo you couldn't see a guy driving?

Cliff
04-25-2005, 10:05 PM
http://www.vwtrendsweb.com/training/0210ec_mini01_z.jpg
http://www.vwtrendsweb.com/training/0210ec_mini02_z.jpg

Negrodamus
04-25-2005, 10:17 PM

That tittle will always belong to the Miata

RandomGuy
04-25-2005, 10:19 PM
That tittle will always belong to the Miata
lol.. or the old skool Steve Urkel Car that opened in the front... what was the name? It was a real car

Cliff
04-25-2005, 10:20 PM
hahahahaha...i dunno the vw beetle conv., the mini conv., the sebring conv. and the solara conv. are very very close competition

The Yousef
04-25-2005, 10:21 PM
dude i'd pimp a Mini...it would have to be the Cooper S though...but yeah...get it in black..w/o the 2 tone paint job....the interior would take a little getting used too...but fuck it's different....i like rarity with cars...you barely see a modified minis out there...

RandomGuy
04-25-2005, 10:23 PM
hahahahaha...i dunno the vw beetle conv., the mini conv., the sebring conv. and the solara conv. are very very close competition

solaras are actually the shit man... dont know bout convos...but otherwise they own... theres a dude on another forum who runs 11's and they look not so bad stock too.

Buford®
04-25-2005, 10:34 PM

Why get a '96 when you can get the '94 that comes with a better transmission, and more power, and it's easier to tune than a '96 because it has OBDI instead of the '96s OBDII.

or if you look hard enough you can find an older stang COBRA

A Cobra won't handle nearly as well as a 300ZXTT or a Mini, just to let you know.

HEATON
04-25-2005, 10:40 PM
Cliff: From city Streets to Mud ponds to now wearing Tampons..lol

RandomGuy
04-25-2005, 10:41 PM
Why get a '96 when you can get the '94 that comes with a better transmission, and more power, and it's easier to tune than a '96 because it has OBDI instead of the '96s OBDII.

A Cobra won't handle nearly as well as a 300ZXTT or a Mini, just to let you know.
id get a 96 simply because of the rarity...and all cobras have somewhat of a pimpness factor... if i was going for performance although the Z32s are nice cars... id much rather get a MKIV Supra TT (used, but possible)

Cliff
04-25-2005, 10:47 PM
lol.. or the old skool Steve Urkel Car that opened in the front... what was the name? It was a real car

you mean this car it's actually a pretty cool car...me and an ex coworker sat in one they were restoring.... :goodjob:

The Yousef
04-25-2005, 10:50 PM
you mean this car it's actually a pretty cool car...me and an ex coworker sat in one they were restoring.... :goodjob:

isn't called the isetta or something?

Cliff
04-25-2005, 10:55 PM
i forgot

RandomGuy
04-25-2005, 10:55 PM

lol now that i think bout it ... it would be PIMP having one of those... i have NEVER seen 'em... Damn sum1 on this forum needs to buy one that cant be restored then pimp it out... lol somehow let it push out 100hp from its lawnmower motor ... (thatd make a fast ass car lol)... damn but seriously that would be a good way to get around... id crack up if I saw it on the highway.

damn what is it called and how much do they go for?

The Yousef
04-25-2005, 11:04 PM

yup it's a BMW Isetta

http://www.rivercruizers.com/events/RiverCruise-2000/isetta.jpg

JustinSane110™
04-25-2005, 11:05 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4544970650&category=6056&sspagename=WDVW

RandomGuy
04-25-2005, 11:12 PM
lol fuck the mini cooper, the supra or the 3z... for that price range id get that car lol!!

RutRoe
04-25-2005, 11:15 PM
I dig the cars but I don't dig the stuffiness of the showroom.

I was dressed normally when I went to check them out and no one wanted to talk to me. No big deal, we went across teh street and bought my father in law a new 350Z roadster that same afternoon.

I dig it, but I haven't driven it... but I'd not even think about putting it on my to do's anywhere near my s2K.

Cliff
04-25-2005, 11:24 PM
i walked in in my camo hat a t shirt boots and jeans with a huge hole in the thigh and within 10 seconds was greeted taken outside and 5 minutes later i was cranking it up and driving out the gates...lol....maybe they didn't like you rut

A.P. Photography
04-25-2005, 11:46 PM
Personally I like the old ones and new ones both.

HEATON
04-26-2005, 12:40 AM
i walked in in my camo hat a t shirt boots and jeans with a huge hole in the thigh and within 10 seconds was greeted taken outside and 5 minutes later i was cranking it up and driving out the gates...lol....maybe they didn't like you rut Or maybe they know how to spot a sure sell fag..ahahaheehahaha Sorry hadda..Damn work is slow.

chuck
04-26-2005, 01:18 AM
i think for the money you could have a lot more fun with one of the old ones...

Mike4831
04-26-2005, 08:16 AM
I personally didn't like the one I drove. It wasn't as spacious as people said it was. They made the pedals about an inch wide so you could actually use both your feet to stop. I drove the base one, with no supercharger. And it was about 13k, not worth it imo.

A.P. Photography
04-26-2005, 09:00 AM
I just think it is funny that everyone is jumping on the bandwagon calling them fag cars. "Only fags drive mini coopers", I guess if you have that mentality then it is the same as saying "Only ricers drive honda/acuras" and it can go on. The car is not bad, the S model would be the only one to get grant it as the base would not have the performance that would be desired. It has a good german engineered suspension, small and agile, and with the S model decent power.

Kristi
04-26-2005, 09:34 AM
^^^good post Teg

i think they are cute little cars! i love 'em. i would drive one because it is too small for my taste (I prefer big cars, I feel safer in 'em), but I like 'em

Mike4831
04-26-2005, 09:53 AM
I just think it is funny that everyone is jumping on the bandwagon calling them fag cars. "Only fags drive mini coopers", I guess if you have that mentality then it is the same as saying "Only ricers drive honda/acuras" and it can go on. The car is not bad, the S model would be the only one to get grant it as the base would not have the performance that would be desired. It has a good german engineered suspension, small and agile, and with the S model decent power.

I don't think that Mini's are "Fag" cars. The only car I feel that way about is the Miata. I really don't care how fast it is, or how well it can do on a track. I wouldn't be caught dead driving one.

Not to mention I had trouble fitting in an S2000, and that is suppose to be bigger than a Miata.

Eli
04-26-2005, 10:41 AM
I have halfway considered them when I was looking for a new car back in December... Never drove one or even went and looked at them cause I was that shit is too small and impractical since I decided I was going to buy something more practical... but then I ended up with the Jeep, which is way more impractical than that. LOL

I love the Mini Cooper S's... Wouldn't drive a non-S or a convertible though...The convertibles do look GAY!

mocha latte cupcake
04-26-2005, 10:48 AM
yeah so, i drove a mini once just to see what it was like, handling was good, interior was wierd, and the S version was kinda quick, but still doesn't change the fact that its a mini.
If you're gunna spend 22K on something get a used 328Ci or something. Get a bimmer with some Balls, i mean seriously, cliff if you drive that every gay man in the world will love you... not being mean just being honest

Eli
04-26-2005, 10:55 AM
yeah so, i drove a mini once just to see what it was like, handling was good, interior was wierd, and the S version was kinda quick, but still doesn't change the fact that its a mini.
If you're gunna spend 22K on something get a used 328Ci or something. Get a bimmer with some Balls, i mean seriously, cliff if you drive that every gay man in the world will love you... not being mean just being honest

A used 328Ci is going to still be MUCH more money... 22k will get you a 5 year old bimmer with 60-70k + miles....

Some people dont wanna spend that much money on a car that is that old with that many miles...

RandomGuy
04-26-2005, 11:38 AM
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=181696200&dealer_id=56253109&car_year=2000&make=BMW&distance=50&lang=en&max_price=25000&model=328CI&end_year=2006&min_price=1&certified=&address=30047&search_type=both&advanced=&start_year=1997&isp=y&cardist=15 i wouldnt mind one of those at all.... Definitely get one of those over a cooper S

only thing is that its not as unique... who cares.