PDA

View Full Version : Good Web Design Program

SilverStoneZ
03-29-2006, 03:21 PM
I’m taking over my Companies Website its all done if flash witch doesn’t help us get up in ranking with search engines I want to redo it. Does anyone have any suggestions on what program I should use I have a little experience with PhP not sure how it would work with wanting to implement eCommerce in the future. Any help would be great thanks.

speedminded
03-29-2006, 03:36 PM
Windows Notepad :D

David88vert
03-31-2006, 11:08 PM
You can make Flash load up in the search engines. Just takes a little tweaking.

4dmin
04-01-2006, 11:57 AM
I’m taking over my Companies Website its all done if flash witch doesn’t help us get up in ranking with search engines I want to redo it. Does anyone have any suggestions on what program I should use I have a little experience with PhP not sure how it would work with wanting to implement eCommerce in the future. Any help would be great thanks.

your ranking doesn't depend on the whether its flash or not... you need to create meta tags, do site submitioins, etc...

try using dreamweaver.

threehundred
04-01-2006, 02:00 PM
your ranking doesn't depend on the whether its flash or not... you need to create meta tags, do site submitioins, etc...

try using dreamweaver.

He's right. Take a look at the source code of IA's homepage. It's a perfect example of how to get your site ranked using meta info. Good job Paul!

Romeyo07
04-10-2006, 08:30 AM
If you need online marketing assistance, feel free to pm me. I worked for the largest PPC search engine in the world for about 2.5 years or so. I've been in the industry for a while now doing design and consultations. IMO, a business or corporate website should never be completely flash, just flash components if they feel the need.

Link to the current site?

4dmin
04-10-2006, 09:01 AM
If you need online marketing assistance, feel free to pm me. I worked for the largest PPC search engine in the world for about 2.5 years or so. I've been in the industry for a while now doing design and consultations. IMO, a business or corporate website should never be completely flash, just flash components if they feel the need.

Link to the current site?

he is completely right b/c if your site is all flash it will contain very little html for search engines.

Romeyo07
04-10-2006, 10:08 AM
some people "cheat" by just adding text in the color of the background to the bottom of the pages so that the search engines have something to find and it's hidden from the viewer unless they highlight the page.

speedminded
04-10-2006, 10:13 AM
some people "cheat" by just adding text in the color of the background to the bottom of the pages so that the search engines have something to find and it's hidden from the viewer unless they highlight the page.That's for people that don't know how to add a meta tag, you can also just submit your site manually to search engines...

<meta name="description" content="This is the description that will be seen on the search engine page">
<meta name="keywords" content="Keywords used to locate your page">

4dmin
04-10-2006, 10:22 AM
some people "cheat" by just adding text in the color of the background to the bottom of the pages so that the search engines have something to find and it's hidden from the viewer unless they highlight the page.

ya but what is the point of that? only helps for content meta tags

Romeyo07
04-10-2006, 10:34 AM
the search engine spiders not only meta tags but content on sites as well

speedminded
04-10-2006, 10:39 AM
the search engine spiders not only meta tags but content on sites as wellIf there's not a meta tag then it does the content, my old site setup i had meta tag's but don't currently and it uses the html text for it's description.

The metatag is there so you can right an accurate description without saying that on the page. It's only going to use the first few lines anyways so if you have text hidden at the bottom it probably won't pick it up unless that the first text written (as if there was a flash above it)

Romeyo07
04-10-2006, 10:56 AM
which in a completely flash site, it'll probably be the first text written since the rest is code and images.

4dmin
04-10-2006, 11:34 AM
the search engine spiders not only meta tags but content on sites as well

yes but there isn't content for a flash sites and simply inserting text instead of keywords is poor design tips, that is what meta tags are for. :goodjob:

Romeyo07
04-10-2006, 12:52 PM
I wouldn't go outside of tags, just showing what others do. I try to persuade my clients to go with as little flash as necessary.

4dmin
04-10-2006, 01:06 PM
I wouldn't go outside of tags, just showing what others do. I try to persuade my clients to go with as little flash as necessary.

i completely agree, content is the best way to move your site :goodjob:

Romeyo07
04-10-2006, 01:26 PM
I see soooo many new designers make that mistake. They put all of the text into the graphics and don't bother to do the tags or submit to search engines. It really doesn't take long.

Hey admin, how can I put my services up on here? I can use the extra money for the baby on the way.

4dmin
04-10-2006, 01:39 PM
I see soooo many new designers make that mistake. They put all of the text into the graphics and don't bother to do the tags or submit to search engines. It really doesn't take long.

Hey admin, how can I put my services up on here? I can use the extra money for the baby on the way.

i wish i could let ya but i can't unless you pay to sponsor. do send me over you info i have some questions for ya :goodjob:

Romeyo07
04-10-2006, 01:51 PM
you've got a pm