PDA

View Full Version : AEM EMS? Worth the money?

wannab20hatch
04-25-2005, 08:21 PM
Anyone running aem ems? And if so is it worth the money would you rather go a with a different stand alone?

green91
04-25-2005, 09:23 PM
uberdata 100%.

wannab20hatch
04-26-2005, 06:22 PM
got a website i can check out chris?

green91
04-26-2005, 08:02 PM
pgmfi.org

wannab20hatch
04-26-2005, 09:29 PM
can uberdata be used on anything other than honda/acura?

silviadriftr
04-26-2005, 11:58 PM
I personally like my EMS over the chipped units that I was running.

ATK_Designs
04-27-2005, 01:14 AM
AEM EMS gives you and your tuner more advance choices if you know what you're doing. Otherwise, Hondata is an alternative.

Cheaper, get Uberdata.

There is also a new tunning system called Neptune, strictly for honda/acura. Which is very very good.

My choices are AEM EMS and Neptune.

green91
04-27-2005, 10:53 AM
Crome has also came a long way for obd1 tuning.

bluuuurr
04-29-2005, 12:14 PM
AEM EMS is definitely top of the line shit. If you got the money and a place that KNOWS how to tune it, then go for it. If your on a budget, I'd go with Uberdata

silviadriftr
04-29-2005, 12:18 PM
AEM EMS is definitely top of the line shit. If you got the money and a place that KNOWS how to tune it, then go for it. If your on a budget, I'd go with Uberdata

^LOL...

Vteckidd
04-29-2005, 02:17 PM
EMS is the minimum in stand alones IMO, there are far better systems out there like motech (to some people) , DNR, Haltech,UteK, etc depdning on what car your using

but i belive the upper systems cost $2000-$5000

chnco
04-29-2005, 02:27 PM
AEM is one of the best out there, with the exception of maybe Motec. Motec is definitely big $$$$, especially with their CDI, wideband, etc. You even have to pay for their tech support by the hour (they usually include a certain amount of hours when you purchase a unit), unlike AEM.

UTEC is not a stand alone. The last Haltech I saw had the worst interface I've ever fucking seen!

silviadriftr
04-29-2005, 02:40 PM
EMS is the minimum in stand alones IMO, there are far better systems out there like motech (to some people) , DNR, Haltech,UteK, etc depdning on what car your using

All of us aren't BANKING it like you Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

silviadriftr
04-29-2005, 02:41 PM
AEM is one of the best out there, with the exception of maybe Motec. Motec is definitely big $$$$, especially with their CDI, wideband, etc. You even have to pay for their tech support by the hour (they usually include a certain amount of hours when you purchase a unit), unlike AEM.

UTEC is not a stand alone. The last Haltech I saw had the worst interface I've ever fucking seen!

^LOL...

AllMotorMaestro
04-29-2005, 03:01 PM

wannab20hatch
04-30-2005, 03:31 PM
The system will be going nito a nissan.

PSINXS
04-30-2005, 09:23 PM
most def worth the money. but if u wanna go the same route only cheaper. try the apexi power fc. I belive thats the stand alone one. or the hks f-con pro. both great stand alones and offer the same things as the aem. but from what i hear over a t 240sx forums thei either go e-manage for piggy back, and aem or haltech for stand alone.

PSINXS
04-30-2005, 09:25 PM
Chnco from 240sxforums is that you? if so i am wreckedmyz over there.

Big Baller
04-30-2005, 09:40 PM

Ok, are you actually comparing the AEM to DNR, Haltec, UTEC, etcc.

Because if you are, then you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. AEM and Motec are however more similar than you might know.

The AEM is based off of the GEMS box which is what all the rally teams use, AEM just uses a diffrent software interface.

I have had Utec it sucks, I have driven a car with haltec and have seen it being tuned and I wasnt impressed.

The AEM in my Subaru rocks period.

Just make sure you are getting the opinions of people who have had more than one.

Cya
Matt

bluuuurr
04-30-2005, 09:58 PM
^LOL...

why not add something useful to the post, fuckwad ;)

wannab20hatch
05-01-2005, 01:10 AM
Ok, are you actually comparing the AEM to DNR, Haltec, UTEC, etcc.

Because if you are, then you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. AEM and Motec are however more similar than you might know.

The AEM is based off of the GEMS box which is what all the rally teams use, AEM just uses a diffrent software interface.

I have had Utec it sucks, I have driven a car with haltec and have seen it being tuned and I wasnt impressed.

The AEM in my Subaru rocks period.

Just make sure you are getting the opinions of people who have had more than one.

Cya
Matt

I considered the apexi power fc but i havent heard a lot about where as ive heard alot of people say they were really happy with the AEM

TRAY_STi
05-01-2005, 01:22 AM
AEM EMS is one of the best. I'm going to get it the end of the summer when it comes out in the Summer. <hopefully>

silviadriftr
05-01-2005, 12:58 PM

What particular options make all these other 2000-5000 dollar systems better for a daily driver or street-strip car? I figured you would be pushing Uber-data. :)

silviadriftr
05-01-2005, 01:00 PM
I considered the apexi power fc but i havent heard a lot about where as ive heard alot of people say they were really happy with the AEM

The main drawback that I saw with the power fc is that it cuts fuel at the rev limiter and not ignition which in the EMS it gives you the option. The EMS also comes with a two-step and traction control features just to name a couple.

silviadriftr
05-01-2005, 01:00 PM
why not add something useful to the post, fuckwad ;)

Like you just did... :goodjob: :D

Vteckidd
05-01-2005, 03:09 PM
most people dont know taht theres still driveability issues, and other properties, scaling, maps, that make the upper systems worht more and they give the user more options. Now i dont know much, but
I know in hondas the ECU is CONSTANTLY NO MATTER WHAT changing ignition timing, no matter what ou do, its that smart. We saw it during the header test we did, and i have had other tuners confirm it. Honda ecu is randomly changing to the changes that you make to it with piggyback systems.

The upper systems also allow you to do stuff like 5 bar map, injector over drivers, CDI2 distributorless ignition systems, etc that uberdata cant do.

silviadriftr
05-01-2005, 03:47 PM
most people dont know taht theres still driveability issues, and other properties, scaling, maps, that make the upper systems worht more and they give the user more options. Now i dont know much, but
I know in hondas the ECU is CONSTANTLY NO MATTER WHAT changing ignition timing, no matter what ou do, its that smart. We saw it during the header test we did, and i have had other tuners confirm it. Honda ecu is randomly changing to the changes that you make to it with piggyback systems.

The upper systems also allow you to do stuff like 5 bar map, injector over drivers, CDI2 distributorless ignition systems, etc that uberdata cant do.

But the EMS allows you to add those features as well without the driveability issue. My pointy is, if it was a full out racecar and that was it, then yes, I would say go for the higher priced systems. But, if you are wanting a system for street-strip use that gives you the most features for add on control that can be tuned for street or strip then I prefer the EMS. That just my :2cents:. :)

Vteckidd
05-01-2005, 03:55 PM
But the EMS allows you to add those features as well without the driveability issue. My pointy is, if it was a full out racecar and that was it, then yes, I would say go for the higher priced systems. But, if you are wanting a system for street-strip use that gives you the most features for add on control that can be tuned for street or strip then I prefer the EMS. That just my :2cents:. :)
NO brian, i was telling you why i wasnt reccomending uberdata over EMS. cause EMS has all those features. :)

EMS is a great system, its very easy to learn, and theres lots of add on options. but, i still think DTA and DNR is the best

silviadriftr
05-01-2005, 04:20 PM
NO brian, i was telling you why i wasnt reccomending uberdata over EMS. cause EMS has all those features. :)

EMS is a great system, its very easy to learn, and theres lots of add on options. but, i still think DTA and DNR is the best

Oh OK. I see know. So, when you gonna break down a put a turbo on yours???? J/P :D

Vteckidd
05-01-2005, 04:37 PM
Oh OK. I see know. So, when you gonna break down a put a turbo on yours???? J/P :D
when a turbo car gets fast enough to beat me :P

I will do a turbo motor this summer, but im keeping quiet about it

silviadriftr
05-01-2005, 05:58 PM
when a turbo car gets fast enough to beat me :P

I will do a turbo motor this summer, but im keeping quiet about it

DAMN!!!! When do you get into the 11's or 12's for that matter???? :tongue:

Vteckidd
05-02-2005, 04:26 PM
DAMN!!!! When do you get into the 11's or 12's for that matter???? :tongue:
hopefully 12s in amonth, then a 75 shot for good measure

SleepingTalon
05-03-2005, 01:34 AM
There is no point to spending the money on a MOTEC in my opinion when the AEM works as well as it does. Stock ECU's on any car, especially OBD2, will always be making adjustments. There are airflow maps in the ecu, and depending on the amount of airflow, tps, and other parameters, timing advance can and will change. This is why piggybacks, like SAFC's can more often than not make things more complicated (or dangerous) than it needs to be. That's what makes the AEM and other standalones so helpful.