PDA

View Full Version : Misc WHO DO YOU THINK ARE THE TOP 5...

NzProjeKt
04-25-2005, 06:42 PM
For all the Hip-Hop Heads out there... Who do you think are the top 5 Emcees of all time.... Also who do you think are the top producers of all time.... My List:

Top 5 G.O.A.T. Emcees in NO ORDER....
1)Nas
2)2Pac
3)Rakim
4)Ice Cube
5)LL Cool J ( the old battle rapper LL)

Top Producers Of All Time :
1)DJ Premier
2)Dr. Dre
3)Havok (Mobb Deep)
4)HI-Tek
5)Large Professor/Marly Marl (THEY BOTH TIE IMO)

Pls dont turn this thread into a nasty feud of which artists you think are better.... Im just trying to see which rappers and producers people place at the top of their list... Post your list and keep it moving :goodjob:

JustinSane110™
04-25-2005, 11:34 PM
This should be a good thread. I don't know who I'd use for top 5 in either category, cuz I haven't given much thought to it since there's so many to consider. But my number ones I know for sure.

Rapper:
1) Tupac

Producer:
1) Dr. Dre

I think Pac will forever be number one on my list. Mainstream rap has been going down the tubes for the most part ever since he's been "gone" and I don't see it coming back up anytime soon. I'm bout sick of hearing what size rims all these rappers put on their cars and how much jewelry they wear and how many heads they bust open. Almost nobody comes with the real world shit like Pac did anymore.

bicsintegra
04-26-2005, 09:37 AM
Top 5 G.O.A.T. Emcees in NO ORDER....
1. Rakim
2. KRS-ONE
3. Nas/Tupac
4. Biggie/ Jay-Z
5. Common/Redman

Top Producers Of All Time :
1. Premier
2. marley marl
3. hank shocklee
4. dr. dre
5. d.i.t.c. digin in the crates crew
honorable mention
big daddy kane
kool g rap
chuck d
jadakiss
big pun
cl smooth
guru
slick rick
snoop dogg
mc ren

NzProjeKt
04-26-2005, 07:34 PM
I was just trying to bring some life into this weak ass music forum...
BUT FINE THEN PEOPLE DONT PARTICIPATE... Maybe I should post some pictures of JUSTIN TIMBERFAKE and then I can get some god damn co-operation.. :2up:

NzProjeKt
04-26-2005, 07:51 PM
http://www.rp-online.de/layout/showbilder/1944-timberlake.jpg

JustinSane110™
04-26-2005, 08:03 PM
I was just trying to bring some life into this weak ass music forum...
BUT FINE THEN PEOPLE DONT PARTICIPATE... Maybe I should post some pictures of JUSTIN TIMBERFAKE and then I can get some god damn co-operation.. :2up:
Man come on dont hit flush on this thread yet, haha.

quickdodge®
04-26-2005, 08:22 PM
Producers:
Dre
Herbie Luv Bug(great in the day)
Marly Marl
Rick Rubin

Rappers:
All of NWA
LL Cool J
Grandmaster Flash
Pac

That's my take. Later, QD.

Julio
04-26-2005, 09:18 PM
This My personal List.

Producers:

1) DRE for shizzle
2) JURMAIN DUPRI
3) Wyclef
4) DJ QUIK
5) PUFFY ( hate hate, I hate him to, But got to give credit )

Rappers:

- Rap Poet
1) NAS
2) PAC
3) BIGGIE
4) ICE CUBE
5) SHYNE

-Rap Comercial
1) Jay Z
2) LL Cool J
3) Luke
4) Busta Rhyes
5) BIG PUN

Best Rap Group

1) Run DMC
2) Public Enemy
3) Wu Tang
4) Leaders of the New School
5) Das EFX
6) Onyx --- was the bomb when they 1st came out!

My Personal Favorite Old Cool Rap Song
From the 90's

Sometimes I Rhyme Slow, Sometime I rhyme quick- Cl smooth
Mic Checka - Das EFX
They wan't Affect - Das Efx
Down with the Kings- Run DMC
Kids Story - Slick Rick
Nothing But A g Thang- Dre
You know How we do it - Ice Cube
Muther Fuck Dre & Snoop - Eazy E
Today was a good day - Ice Cube
Monalisa- Fugees
Flatliners- Outkast
M-E-T-H-O-D MAN - Wu tang
ONYX - Slam
C-R-E-A-M Wu tang
JEALOUS ONES ENVY - Fat Joe

Best DIS rap Song in my Book

2nd round Knockout- Canibus dissing LL cool J

And The Future - Eminem
guy can produce and write...

Only Rap albums I can listen from track one all the way to the end
SHYNE - SHYNE
CHRONIC - DRE
DOGGYSTYLE - SNOOP DOG

Julio
04-26-2005, 09:18 PM
shit, I got carried away.. oopps.

NzProjeKt
04-26-2005, 09:49 PM
shit, I got carried away.. oopps.

nah its cool... I was looking for people to get carried away and post up their favorites in the industry !

Rap Albums w/ no skip tracks :
Illmatic-Nas
The True Meaning- Cormega

bicsintegra
04-27-2005, 09:07 AM

wasn't that Nice 'n Smooth that made that song?

favorite rap groups
1. public enemy
2. wutang
3. das efx
4. epmd
5. tribe called quest
it goes without saying that run-d.m.c. is #1 on any list having to do with rap

favorite party songs
1. one more chance remix- biggie
2. what's my name?- jay-z f/ swiss beatz
3. quietstorm remix- mobb deep f/ lil kim
4. pick it up-redman
5. ridah-tupac

favorite riding music
1. life's a bitch-nas
2. one mic-nas
3. hail mary-tupac
4. money cash hoes remix-jayz f/ bleek and beans
5. i don't care-redman

favorite albums new school
1. nas-illmatic
2. redman-muddy waters
3. tupac-me against the world
4. raekwon-only built for cuban linx
5. pete rock & c.l. smooth- mecca and the soul brother still bump this

favorite albums old school
1. slick rick-the great adventures of slick rick classic
2. run dmc-raisin hell
3. bdp-by any means necessary
4. cool j-radio
5. justice-the desolate one

bicsintegra
04-27-2005, 09:13 AM
favorite verse
nas in verbal intercourse off of raekwon's only built for cuban linx, that is the illest rhyme to ever hit wax or cd whatever.

illest lyricist new school
1. nas
2. jay-z
3. tupac
4. biggie
5. redman
6. method man
7. jadakiss
8. dre 3000
9. eminem
10. big pun

illest old school
1. rakim
2. krs one
3. big daddy kane
4. kool g rap
5. masta ace/ cool j

quickdodge®
04-27-2005, 02:36 PM

wasn't that Nice 'n Smooth that made that song?

Correct. Back in the early 90's. Later, QD.

Sledlude
04-28-2005, 01:07 PM
i just saw cl smooth at apache... tight to death... rakim is the shit too im glad i see people actually liking GOOD Hiphop music on here

AtifSajid
04-28-2005, 01:41 PM
This My personal List.

Producers:

1) DRE for shizzle
2) JURMAIN DUPRI
3) Wyclef
4) DJ QUIK
5) PUFFY ( hate hate, I hate him to, But got to give credit )

Rappers:

- Rap Poet
1) NAS
2) PAC
3) BIGGIE
4) ICE CUBE
5) SHYNE

-Rap Comercial
1) Jay Z
2) LL Cool J
3) Luke
4) Busta Rhyes
5) BIG PUN

Best Rap Group

1) Run DMC
2) Public Enemy
3) Wu Tang
4) Leaders of the New School
5) Das EFX
6) Onyx --- was the bomb when they 1st came out!

My Personal Favorite Old Cool Rap Song
From the 90's

Mic Checka - Das EFX
They wan't Affect - Das Efx
Down with the Kings- Run DMC
Kids Story - Slick Rick
Muther Fuck Dre & Snoop - Eazy E
Monalisa- Fugees
Flatliners- Outkast
M-E-T-H-O-D MAN - Wu tang
ONYX - Slam
C-R-E-A-M Wu tang
JEALOUS ONES ENVY - Fat Joe

2nd round Knockout- Canibus dissing LL cool J

And The Future - Eminem

Only Rap albums I can listen from track one all the way to the end
SHYNE - SHYNE
CHRONIC - DRE
DOGGYSTYLE - SNOOP DOG

Damn Julio..were you in my brain?

Sledlude
04-28-2005, 02:01 PM
you should hear mos def and talib kweli's version of childrens story by slick rick

B16a2 Civic
04-28-2005, 02:07 PM
i agree with most of the posts, but some people i didn't see was under rappers: Big L.....most people form Ny know who he is
and for groups...you gotta mention The Fugee's, they was doin somethin new

Negrodamus
04-28-2005, 02:32 PM
And The Future - Eminem

The future looks bleek :cool:

quickdodge®
04-28-2005, 03:36 PM
i just saw cl smooth at apache... tight to death... rakim is the shit too im glad i see people actually liking GOOD Hiphop music on here

I can't get enough of listening to Eric B. and Rakim. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
04-28-2005, 03:37 PM
i but some people i didn't see was under rappers: Big L.....most people form Ny know who he is

I've heard of Big L. He's been around for a while. Just never heard any of his stuff. Fuck the Fugees. Never could stand them or Lauryn Hill. Later, QD.

NzProjeKt
04-28-2005, 05:47 PM
R.I.P. Big L.... He was probably one of the best freestylers Hip Hop has EVER SEEN....
however he doesnt have enough material out to be on my top 5 ;)

NzProjeKt
04-28-2005, 05:57 PM
Fuck the Fugees. Never could stand them or Lauryn Hill. Later, QD.
yup the Fugees have just always seemed kinda funky to me too.... I never could take them seriously..

I've heard of Big L. He's been around for a while. Just never heard any of his stuff.
If you can.. try to get your hands on these Big L tracks...

98' Freestyle
Ebonics
Lifestyles Of Da Poor
Devil's Son
Casualties Of The Dice Game
Da Graveyard

Negrodamus
04-29-2005, 12:24 AM
If u like underground hip hop..."real" underground i.e. not a eminem tape from 1998
try to listen to some of these guys:

Mf doom
Mf grimm
Acaloyne
Planet Asia
Fat Lip "of the pharcyde"
BlackStar
Madlib

bicsintegra
04-29-2005, 07:59 AM
i agree with most of the posts, but some people i didn't see was under rappers: Big L.....most people form Ny know who he is

Big L was nice but he really didn't have enough material out and i like his song he had i only heard it on a mixtape(old) dressed in all black. i didn;t like the fugees either except for ready or not the beat was out there.

Julio
04-30-2005, 11:04 PM
Don't know how can some of you Talk shit about the fugees... They were probably the best known and best selling rap group in the world. Lauryn Hill is Probably one of best female rap & r&b singers ever. Diffrent styles is what makes this world great.
They are not on my favorite top list, But got to give respect where is due.

Julio
04-30-2005, 11:08 PM
The future looks bleek :cool:

Hate to say it, but Em is working crazy in the studio for comercial and underground music, Go download some of the uderground shit hes been producing for some unknown cats, well only known in the underground market, alot of leeks on the net right now.

White boy got skillz when it comes to making beats.

thinkfast®
04-30-2005, 11:15 PM
Producers:
1) Dr. Dre
2) Just Blaze
3) Dj Quik
4) Timbaland

Emcees:
1) 2pac
2) Hov
3) Nas
4) Big Pun
5) B.I.G.

My 90's Rap Songs:
Juicy - B.I.G.
I like it - Grand Puba
Death around the corner - Tupac
CREAM - Wu Tang
Foe Life - Mack 10
Shook ones pt 2 - Mobb Deep
For the love of Money- Bone Thugs
Always into somethin - N.W.A.
Temptations - 2Pac
Lets make a deal - WC
Childrens Story - Slick Rick
Fuck the World - 2pac
Hotel, Motel - N.W.A.
Once upon a time in the projects - Ice Cube
You're All I Need - Method Man & Mary J. Blige
Benz or a bimmer- Outkast
Whats my name-Snoop
Can't Knock the Hustle- Jay Z

Ether - Nas dissing Jay Z

Future Emcee - The Game

Rap albums I can listen to, start to done..
Tupac - Me against the world
Tupac - All eyez on me
Regulate - Warren G
Dr Dre - The Chronic
Dr Dre - Chronic 2001
Doggystyle - Snoop
Doggfather - Snoop

Julio
04-30-2005, 11:20 PM

Apache..... Gansta Bitch... song was of the hook.

You guys remember a rap group called ILLEGAL? I cant find shit on the net, They were young kids rapping about street shit not like Kriss Kross bullshit.

Also who remember the one hit wonder group " YOUNG BLACK TEENAGERS" I remember I use to Jam to " Tap the bottle and twsit the cap" hahaha shit was hot when I use to live in boston like in 92-93.

Also Im trying to find Fat Joe's " REPRESENT " album/ I think it was one of the hottest rap albums ever made, That didn't get alot of play. If some of you know where I can get this album please let me know. I recomend it. Album was released back in 1993 if my mind serves me right.

Julio
04-30-2005, 11:29 PM
found it ! honestly one of the hottest rap albums ever, I think.

http://cover6.cduniverse.com/MuzeAudioArt/100/101397.jpg

quickdodge®
05-01-2005, 12:36 AM
Young Black Teenagers = 5 white kids from NJ(I think) who said that black is not a skin colour. It is a state of mind. Lolol.

Apache was a cool cat. I need a Gangsta Bitch a Gangsta Bitch.

Illegal had a cool track called "We Gets Busy" back in the day.

I'm sorry, I just can't get into The Fugees. Talented...yes. One of my favs...hell no. Later, QD.

RandomGuy
05-01-2005, 11:13 AM
5 greatest rappers of all time
Dylan
Dylan
Dylan
Dylan
Dylan

lol chappelle show...
but seriously anyone listen to "Immortal Technique", they had some songs on the training day soundtrack... if you get a chance download "dance with the devil"... sounds like nas, but his lyrics put nas to shame.

NzProjeKt
05-01-2005, 11:21 AM
sounds like nas, but his lyrics put nas to shame.

:2up: ... Immortal Technique is nice and all but he doesnt have enough material out..
.....matter of fact his whole catalogue of music comes straight from his 2 CDs

thinkfast®
05-01-2005, 08:34 PM
5 greatest rappers of all time
Dylan
Dylan
Dylan
Dylan
Dylan

lol chappelle show...

because I spit hot fire mon! whats up you want some of this hot fire mon? wait, you too close mon!

turn my headphones up! turn em up :D

RandomGuy
05-02-2005, 01:19 AM
because I spit hot fire mon! whats up you want some of this hot fire mon? wait, you too close mon!

turn my headphones up! turn em up :D
lol thats from two different episodes man... lol

turn my headfones up is from the deaf rapper, Fisticuffs who got shot 9 times in the ear.

Sledlude
05-02-2005, 02:07 AM
i like lauryn hill a lot, i think she puts a lot of lady rappers out there to shame, damn good lyricist. she was what made the fugees cool.

quickdodge®
05-02-2005, 06:35 AM
I honestly don't think of Lauryn Hill as a true rapper. More of a, well, soft hip hop, almost...I really don't know what category she falls into(in my opinion). To me, a female rapper would be like Queen Latifah, Lady of Rage, Eve, Lyte, Salt-N-Pepa; just to name a few. She is talented, but like I said, I feel that she isn't an actual rapper. Later, QD.

Julio
05-02-2005, 03:01 PM
I honestly don't think of Lauryn Hill as a true rapper. More of a, well, soft hip hop, almost...I really don't know what category she falls into(in my opinion). To me, a female rapper would be like Queen Latifah, Lady of Rage, Eve, Lyte, Salt-N-Pepa; just to name a few. She is talented, but like I said, I feel that she isn't an actual rapper. Later, QD.

And none of those you mentioned don't even come 1/4 mile close..

Lauryn is dope... She can rap, sing a slow jam, R&B, whatever.. and she can't rap? Listen to some old fugee records.. early 90's and you will see what Im talking about.
Lauryn is the full package.

Julio
05-02-2005, 03:05 PM
Queen latifah? what A joke... SHe only had one real hit and it was probably U.N.I.T.Y.. She's over rated, Her stuff sucks... Her album sucks, Her acting sucks, her group she tried a few years back was wack and her ghey ass Jazz or whatever CD sucked.
If it wasnt for the LIVING SINGLE tv show, she would be broke as a joke.

Greddypacked
05-02-2005, 03:10 PM
I couldnt even start my list though i was surprised i didnt see lil Jon in their. Makes some of the phatest beats and tracks to rap to like Damn! w/ Youngbloodz, YEA w/ Usher and so forth.

quickdodge®
05-02-2005, 03:44 PM
Listen to some old fugee records.. early 90's and you will see what Im talking about.
Lauryn is the full package.

I did listen. That's why I don't like her.

Queen latifah? what A joke... SHe only had one real hit and it was probably U.N.I.T.Y.. She's over rated, Her stuff sucks... Her album sucks, Her acting sucks, her group she tried a few years back was wack and her ghey ass Jazz or whatever CD sucked.

I never said anything about her acting skills. She actually had quite a few hits. U.N.I.T.Y., Ladies First, and a host of others. She has more than enough records. I never said Hill wasn't talented. She is a very good singer. Just wouldn't put her at near the top of the rap game. Maybe for female rappers.

Shame on you , Julio, for dissing one of your locals, lolol. That's why I support Rage and her female comrades. I'm West Coast at heart and that's the style I like. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
05-02-2005, 03:47 PM
i was surprised i didnt see lil Jon in their.

That's because the topic is Top 5. Lolol. You look for all around production skills or rapping skills. Rapping is not in Jon's best interest, although he'd probably go Platinum+ just because it's Lil Jon and not because he's good. Jon is good, if all you want to do is slap together a few basslines and make music for people to shout across. Dre makes music, Puffy makes music, see?Later, QD.

Julio
05-02-2005, 04:50 PM
Luaryn hill is Local. Shes from Haiti same island ( share with D.R.) ... well.. where my family is from.. hahaha

I'm not the biggest Lauryn hill fan, But she has the most skills out of the females rappers and R&B singers.

quickdodge®
05-02-2005, 05:19 PM
Luaryn hill is Local. Shes from Haiti same island ( share with D.R.) ... well.. where my family is from.. hahaha

I was talkin about the Queen, lolol. She's from the Jerz.

I'm not the biggest Lauryn hill fan, But she has the most skills out of the females rappers and R&B singers.

We agree, then afterall. I'm not her fan either. But I didn't say she was not talented. Later, QD.

thinkfast®
05-02-2005, 07:41 PM
they are both probably better off bein lesbian then the cover that they are tryin to pull off right now... ITS NOT WORKIN YOU PIG BITCH

NzProjeKt
05-15-2005, 10:23 PM
REMI MARTIN >>>>>>>> Any Other Female Rapper

bicsintegra
05-17-2005, 07:43 AM
when it comes to female rappers L-Boogie is nice hands down she is the full package and she single handledly carried the fugees whack asses. but when it comes to straight lyrics i think it is a toss up between Remy martin and Rah Digga. remy has been killin' for a minute and digga is ill on the mic she just needs the right marketing and promotion.

quickdodge®
05-17-2005, 05:59 PM
L-Boogie, although talented as hell, is definitely NOT the full-package. Lolol. I've never heard Remy Martin, so I can't call that one. One that was out a while back was that No Limit female Mia X. She carried it good for female rappers. She was a good one. Later, QD.

NzProjeKt
05-17-2005, 06:40 PM
Remi was on Terror Squad since Big Pun days... She is not on that everyday EVE or Missy Elliot type shit..
she's much more gangsta than that..

I've heard rumors that she left Joe and the Squad but I could be wrong..

bicsintegra
05-20-2005, 08:43 AM
L-Boogie, although talented as hell, is definitely NOT the full-package. Lolol. I've never heard Remy Martin, so I can't call that one. One that was out a while back was that No Limit female Mia X. She carried it good for female rappers. She was a good one. Later, QD.

you are of course joking right? mia x couldn't carry a damn thing she was whack since the first video and was needed on no limit to get women to buy their whack ass cds.

quickdodge®
05-20-2005, 05:46 PM
Not kidding. When Mia first came on, she was definitely running it for women. Her third CD was getting kind of soft though. Check out Unladylike and Mama Drama. Much harder than Lauryn Hill. Later, QD.

bicsintegra
05-27-2005, 01:14 PM
Not kidding. When Mia first came on, she was definitely running it for women. Her third CD was getting kind of soft though. Check out Unladylike and Mama Drama. Much harder than Lauryn Hill. Later, QD.

she might have been harder but that doesn't mean better. even lil kim during that time was better than her.

quickdodge®
05-27-2005, 01:49 PM
I never said better. What I was saying is that Hill isn't a complete package. She can't go off like Lady of Rage can. She is better as a Fugees type rapper, soft. Later, QD.

B16a2 Civic
05-27-2005, 01:52 PM
Ms. Jade hit hard when she came out...no sign of her lately...she's in timberland camp i believe.....she rippe dPastor Troys " are we cuttin " too