PDA

View Full Version : CD Player HELP!!!

93Lude
03-27-2006, 10:20 PM
Why would a cd player not turn on and when I hook up the Yellow to posative and black to negative spark and the cd player not turn on or anything??? When it sparks it is like a magnet and the harness wires almost stick to the battery....WHY???? Is the cd player fried? :confused:

SampaGuy
03-27-2006, 10:23 PM
check your fuses

93Lude
03-27-2006, 10:36 PM
check your fuses

I did the yellow wire had an in line fuse and i blew 13 15amp fuses so I cut it off and tried connecting it directly and it does what I said before!!!

THEONE
03-28-2006, 06:58 AM
sounds shorted out inside,and you need a yellow,red and a black wire hooked up to get the radio to come on.
if your testing it on a battery just hook the red wire to the yellow wire and make sure your working with a good battery.
make sure no wires are toucing each other like speaker wires.

B16a2 Civic
03-28-2006, 07:30 AM
also, check teh fuse on the inside the car, backup fuse outside the car and the cd player fuse, if it aint one of thosem ,ake sure the connectors you used to combine wires are tightned and the wires are connecting...if all fails, its the cd player

93Lude
03-28-2006, 05:07 PM
sounds shorted out inside,and you need a yellow,red and a black wire hooked up to get the radio to come on.
if your testing it on a battery just hook the red wire to the yellow wire and make sure your working with a good battery.
make sure no wires are toucing each other like speaker wires.

Ok I did all of that and it still does the same just barley not as bad as befpre though....I think I did have speaker wires touching at first!!

93Lude
03-28-2006, 05:08 PM
also, check teh fuse on the inside the car, backup fuse outside the car and the cd player fuse, if it aint one of thosem ,ake sure the connectors you used to combine wires are tightned and the wires are connecting...if all fails, its the cd player

I hooked it up to a bare battery,(not in any car)

THEONE
03-28-2006, 06:09 PM
did you fix it? i lost my front speaker output because of touching wires before.thats why they reccomend you unhook your battery before installing a stereo or amp. if the radio is still shorting out its proably toast.

93Lude
03-28-2006, 08:23 PM
Now when I hook it up it does nothing at all.......

THEONE
03-28-2006, 09:44 PM
Now when I hook it up it does nothing at all.......
its dead man.unless you blew the fuse on the back of the radio.