PDA

View Full Version : Troubleshootin...

S14Techy
03-27-2006, 11:04 AM
My car audio recently went out... I think it has something to do with two cables in my trunk touching (there were formerly subs in there). The head unit gave off smoke and the speakers started popping until I turned them off. Now the head unit starts up and looks like its working fine, but no sound comes out.

I'm not much of an audio guy, i just wanted to know what you all thought i could do to fix this and just get me back some audio. Anythin ya'll can recommend to help, I'd appreciate it.

BanginJimmy
03-27-2006, 03:45 PM
fried ouput or fried intenal amp. If you have an amp around, try putting your speakers on that and see if it works. If they do, then its a fried internal amp, if not, the the output side of the headunit is gone.

Sirius R
03-27-2006, 04:12 PM
The head unit gave off smoke

Sorry bro...the worst thing about the "magic smoke"...once you let it out, you can never get it back in..

I'd agree with Jimmy...shits fried.

S14Techy
03-28-2006, 06:28 PM
If i told you its an alpine head unit, would you be able to tell me if its still usable with an external amp? or would u say new headunit altogether?

BanginJimmy
03-28-2006, 11:31 PM
no clue if its the internal amp, or the output side. If its the output side, then amps wont help. If its the internal amp, an amp would work just fine.

SOHC MONSTER
05-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Sorry bro...the worst thing about the "magic smoke"...once you let it out, you can never get it back in..

I'd agree with Jimmy...shits fried.

I also agree, "releasing the genie is never good"