PDA

View Full Version : AMP OVERHEATED

JUSHAVNFUN69
04-25-2005, 03:33 PM
MY AMP OVERHEATED AFTER I PLAYED LOUD CONTINOUSLY FOR 30 OR 40 MINS.

WHATS THE DEAL? HOW CAN I ELIMINATE THIS FROM HAPPEN?

GOOD AMP DB DRIVE PLAT. SERIES

HELP ME OUT!!!

Brandon C
04-25-2005, 04:26 PM
Proper Cooling

B16a2 Civic
04-25-2005, 04:28 PM
i have thsi problem too, only with my kenwood amp( 600 watt, 2 channel) though, my punch amp( 600 watt, mono) doesn't overheat...always happens when i play 3 6 mafia, my friend told me to bridge them...imma see if that works, if it does, i'll let you know

David88vert
04-25-2005, 04:56 PM
There are lots of things that can contribute to an amplifiers overheating. Too many to list here.
What impedence are you running? What guage power wire? What guage ground where? Where is the ground wire connected? Have you checked for a voltage drop? Is the amp under a seat or pinched between box and seat? What kind of airflow are you getting? Are the battery terminals corroded? Etc....

Get an installer to take a quick look at it and get some feedback from him.

JUSHAVNFUN69
04-25-2005, 06:52 PM
GUYS...I'LL GET IT CHECKED

LeX
04-26-2005, 07:49 AM
you could look into planet audio amps. They stay ice cold

Jaimecbr900
04-26-2005, 10:01 AM
If an amp overheats, it is 99% of the time related to either the install or electrical. If you don't have big enough wire, bad grounds, gains turned up too high, not enough voltage, not enough air circulation, etc.

As someone already mentioned, it could be quite a few things causing it. I would start with the more obvious and easier to diagnose and go from there. More than likely it is an install problem. Turn down the gains, be sure you have good grounds, and be sure you have proper size cables powering the amp. After that, things get a little more complicated to diagnose.