PDA

View Full Version : Misc DVD question?

ChnkyLao
03-26-2006, 09:44 AM
OK, heres my question,

when i download a regular 2-3hr movie off of limewire that takes up like 600mbs,

well i want to put that movie on a blank dvd+r that says it has 4.7gigs which supposely there is 4000 something megabytes in that 4.7gigs,

Q:How come i cant fit a 600mb movie on a 4.7 gig dvd? :confused:

I mean i have a 1gig memory stick duo for my psp, and i can fit a movie on there fine, but i cant fit that same movie on a blank dvd+r? :confused:

Q:Is there some program out there that can fit a movie on one dvd+r unstead of having to put them on two dvd+rs? :confused:

later and thanx for any info you guys give me, and you will be given rep points for it :goodjob:

Wurm
03-26-2006, 11:12 AM
how are u trying to add it to the dvd. Is your burning software trying to convert it to a dvd. Basically you need to convert a vcd or Svcd to DVD....www.vcdhelp.com has plenty of tutorials on how to do that. Also if you want to just put a svcd on the dvd disk without converting it then that tutorial is on that site too.limewire suck use IRC or USENET... then you can get actual dvd's and just burn them from the ISO

ChnkyLao
03-27-2006, 04:21 PM
kewl ill try that, well i download the movies, and its an avi or mpeg or something, and when i burn it it converts the movie so you can play it on a regular dvd player

Wurm
03-27-2006, 04:28 PM
goto walmart buy you the philips divx player then convert everything to divx and burn it on a regular cd. thats what i do..converting to dvd is just such a pain in the ass

CALIWEST
03-27-2006, 04:44 PM
it all depends on the quality of how u want the movie to come out to. Usually a 700mbs movie will be at 6.73GB with high quality...you just gotta put it just a hair fraction below medium quality to make it fit on a 4.7GB DVD...or if you put it on low quality, it takes up 3.72GB