PDA

View Full Version : Tint Question

swiftblaze
03-24-2006, 02:34 PM
I've had 20% tint on all my cars and I haven't caught any grief. In May last year, I bought a brand new 2005 Ford Focus from the dealership and it came already tinted with 20% tint. I thought it was kinda strange that the dealership tinted it. They said something about it being a "show" car in a mall or something. The car had a total of 10 miles on it when I bought it, and the tint had only been on the car 2 weeks. I haven't caught any grief at all for the car, but I was just wondering about the legality of it. The actual window sticker that came with the car specified 20 percent tint on it for optional accessories. Would it make it legal if it came from Ford like that? I carry around the window sticker in my glove compartment if I ever get pulled over. I've had a cop ask me about the tint before, and I showed him the sticker. Well, after I showed it to him he didn't say anything else about the tint. I was at the BP off of Pleasant Hill when he came up to me. I understand that during a portion of last year there was no tint law. Did they grandfather everyone in who got tint during that period in time? Also, since it came from the dealership I wonder if it's actually illegal. Anyone else heard of dealerships doing this?

SwurvinIn
03-24-2006, 02:46 PM
the current thint law is 33% all who got thier shit tinted during the time there was no tint law is supposed to have it peeled and retinted. there is no grandfather clause. even though the dealer tinted it if you come across a cop that just caught his wife with another guy butt neeeekid with flip flops on...yur gonna get a ticket

swiftblaze
03-24-2006, 02:57 PM
Bwhaha! WTF, flip flops? Well, my car is black as well, so the tint doesn't look too dark. I've been pulled over a cojple times in previous cars, and this car as well. Well, three times in this car lol. I didn't get a single ticket either time and the cop didn't even mention the tint when I got pulled over. I just rolled down all four windows and put my hands on the steering wheel. Dunno, I won't be taking it off though. I've gone four years with 20% tint on all my cars and haven't caught any grief. Sure, they're a little paranoid when they pull you over. It's ridiculous when you get pulled over and 30 mins pass and the cop still hasn't come to your car. And, when he finally does come to the car there's 5 police cars behind you lol. I think a lot of the time if you have a positive attitude and take every precaution you can to ensure that the cop feels safe he will generally be more leniant on you for the tint.

thinkfast®
03-24-2006, 03:15 PM
flip flops FTW!!!

I've been asked if the pigs can search my car several times, I say fuk them.. my doors are locked and so is my trunk, so lemme see a warrant DUMB SON OF A BITCH

I love bein Latino in GA :D

collins
03-24-2006, 04:13 PM
well chris, that may be true, except in canton. those cops are just flat out bored. thats the only place i've EVER had a tint issue.

1insaneR
03-24-2006, 04:17 PM
well i have 2% all the way around 2% 10 inch strip with 35 % all the way down my windshield with a black car on top of that and i have only been pulled over 2 times by the same cop and only ticketed once. The ticket is only $56. Only by Gwinnett cops.