PDA

View Full Version : Misc House of Flying Daggers, Hero, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, etc...

4dmin
04-25-2005, 09:38 AM
What do you think about these films??? I personally think its film making at its best. Granted the story lines may be a little weak for the american crowd specially those opposed to reading subtitles, but damn the scenes are shot so beautifully w/ cool special fighting effects that make the matix look like an indie film. :goodjob:

AtifSajid
04-25-2005, 09:56 AM
I love the fighting effects. They are the best, whether it looks whack or not. I love em.

soul
04-25-2005, 09:59 AM
when HOFD come out on DVD? or did it already?

HERO was a good one to, there is alot more people just dont know about em cause there not big films

4dmin
04-25-2005, 12:08 PM
hofd came out last week :goodjob: 15.99$ at Frys/Target

uncle_el
04-25-2005, 12:11 PM
i enjoy seeing these movies. of course the fighting scenes/sequences are what get people in the seats... but i enjoy seeing stories from and about other cultures. they don't necessarily have the stereotypical hollywood storyline or ending.

they're nice changes of pace from the typical hollywood movie.

yerrow
04-27-2005, 06:56 AM
the prequel to cthd is being written.

ruah_23
04-27-2005, 09:37 AM
The story line is a piece of shit.....

that's all I have to say.

soul
04-27-2005, 09:44 AM
Watche HOFD and OMG that was good stuff

AtlantaImportGuy
04-29-2005, 04:28 PM
There all damn good movies!! I love that style as well as the effects.

chameleon30038
04-29-2005, 05:57 PM
good stuff enjoyed the movie

HyPer50
04-29-2005, 07:23 PM
Out of those, I've only seen hero... and it was alright.. It was good until the very end.

Tuan
04-29-2005, 10:32 PM
i think there great movies and give all of them 2 thumbs up...whoever directs all these movies no where to shoot cuz they have awsome sceneries (sp)...grant also that the old chinese movies b4 these pave the way for the matrix, kill bill, and ect.

eViLMunkey
04-30-2005, 09:29 AM
SHould see Legend of Zu if you can find a copy of it...

Tuan
04-30-2005, 10:26 PM
SHould see Legend of Zu if you can find a copy of it...i have that...it hard as shit to find but i found it at cd warehouse...someone traded it in

AznTraitor
05-01-2005, 05:51 AM
I just rented house of flying daggers, and I think it's a top notch movie! very well directed and was not boring whatsoever unlike crouching tiger....story was great, fight sequences were up to par, and of course the flying is always nice.

I heard hero was a little slow to start and could be border line boring....

uncle_el
05-01-2005, 07:59 AM
I heard hero was a little slow to start and could be border line boring....

it's sort of an old school tale of two people trading stories or riddles... and it's through the stories/riddles that the movie takes place. i have no idea whether or not it's an old asian legend/story or not, but it has that sort of feel.

i think people go in to this sort of movie with the thought "it's jet li, and it's from asia... so there's going to be lots of fighting." and when there's a story, people get bummed out.

this is the type of movie i'd rather see, but then i'm different from most. that's not to say i don't enjoy an action flick every now and then, but if you're looking for an "action" film, this ain't it.

yerrow
05-01-2005, 10:14 AM
SHould see Legend of Zu if you can find a copy of it...

the original not the recent remake

AznTraitor
05-02-2005, 08:01 AM
it's sort of an old school tale of two people trading stories or riddles... and it's through the stories/riddles that the movie takes place. i have no idea whether or not it's an old asian legend/story or not, but it has that sort of feel.

i think people go in to this sort of movie with the thought "it's jet li, and it's from asia... so there's going to be lots of fighting." and when there's a story, people get bummed out.

this is the type of movie i'd rather see, but then i'm different from most. that's not to say i don't enjoy an action flick every now and then, but if you're looking for an "action" film, this ain't it.

yeah, that's basically what I heard about it.....