PDA

View Full Version : d series motor qeustion

htchking
03-23-2006, 09:24 PM
ok i was told i could put a 97 ex intake manafold and a gsr t.b on my y7 and it will bolt up and gain 10hp and i was wondering if i could use a y8 intake manafold and if there would be a diffrence?

Curbow_USMC
03-23-2006, 09:30 PM
i know that a y8 intake will work but you will have to change the wiring on the IACV. I have been running a y8 intake mani for a long time on my y7 with my stock y7 TB. But when i change to the P28 i will have to use a y8 TB and change the IACV. haha, did that make sence?

mp5o
03-23-2006, 09:41 PM
ok i was told i could put a 97 ex intake manafold and a gsr t.b on my y7 and it will bolt up and gain 10hp and i was wondering if i could use a y8 intake manafold and if there would be a diffrence?

96-00 Civic EX motor = D16y8

Therefore.... You're talking about the same intake manifold in different terms.

You will NOT gain 10hp from changing just your intake manifold. Only way to get real numbers off a D-series is turbo.... Or at the very least a mini-me swap..... And thats still only 20hp to the crank...

scttydb411
03-23-2006, 10:37 PM
what both of them said.

make sure if you get a y8 intake manifold you get the manual one and if you get the one that has the air injection on the flange you cap or plug it or you'll get a vac leak.

you will gain, but not 10whp on an n/a car. you'll see the larger gain if it's boosted.