PDA

View Full Version : Ebay advice needed please!

Nemesis
03-23-2006, 06:58 AM
So I sold of set of Cougar leather seats on ebay recently. Seats sold for 120 dollars. Mind you these seats are around 800 from the dealership. I was quoted from greyhound that it would be 45 dollars to ship, so that's what I listed the item shipping for on the auction. Now this is where the situation gets a little gray. I spend almost an entire day getting the seats ready to ship, boxed, and placing them in the car and driving 40 miles to the station. Once I arrive I get the three boxes out, which are VERY heavy, and place them in the area for shipping. Once all was said and done they said the shipping came out to be 139 dollars. I was pretty pissed that I went through that much work to get them there are drove all that way. I decided to send them out anyways, and have the buyer pick them up at the station where they live, C.O.D. As soon as I got home, I sent the buyer an email that said the what I had just stated. I get this email back and so the drama begins:

Buyer:
naver have had a bad ebay experience til now,seats are at bus depot BUT despite your advertised 45.00 shipping on listing bus company is demanding additional 139.00 on delivery, we will have to resolve this quite quickly or I will be handing allthe correspondence for you to ebay and let them resolve this matter

Me:
I understand your frustrations, and this has been a headache for me as well. Ive been trying to get into email contact, but I guess you havent recieved my messages. Greyhound had originally given me a quote for the seats, which I thought was accuracte because I gave them weight and measurements. I reported back to you, and you gave me the 45 for shipping. However, upon packaging and driving 40 miles to the greyhound shipping station they inform me that its going to be the amount that you stated. As most would probably do, I didnt feel like hauling the seats back, storing them longer, delaying shipping, etc. I sent them out COD. In my previous email I stated I needed your address to send the 45 dollars refund for you shipping cost. Along with this greyhound had called me to notify me a portion of the package had been seperated ( the bolts for the seats). Trust me, I apologize for the incovienience, but a lot of this has been out of my hands. Ill try my best to rectify the situation with you over messages. Basically, Im willing to send 45 in shipping back via USPS confirmed mail along with the bolts greyhound dropped. This has been the heaviest and largest package ive sent ever on ebay, and this has been a real headache just as much as it has been for you. I sincerely apologize, and please advise me on what you would like to do next. Im willing to send back the 45 via mail, no problems. Please respond to my home email since I have no access to this email at work. [email protected] Thanks, George

Buyer Response:

while I would like to sympathize with you,all these are problems you have created , my part of the ebay contract was to pay you 122.00 plus 45.00 freight as you listed this item, now you have my money,amount in full and you want more. how would anyone rate you on ebay as anything but a crook?

My response:
How can you say that Im a crook? Greyhound misquoted me for the item which I had not found out until time it was shipped. I am sending you 45 dollars back for shipping that you paid me. Im not keeping all your money. I would like to resolve this, because its plain to see it wasnt my fault. I have made very little off these seats in the end, including gas money for the trip to drop them off, and materials to pack the item. Remember you arent paying me anymore, the money is going to Greyhound! Im not recieving any of the extra money.

Buyer Response:
unfortunately you continue to confuse your problem as being my problem, your beef is with greyhound then. not me I have paid the advertised amount,Ebay dispute resolution will view this as a seller issue , I have fulfilled the terms of my ebay contract

My Response:
have offered to send you the 45 dollars back, and you refuse as you have stated here. There were three packages that were sent out, two seats, and a very large box that contained a bracket and the head rests. Everything totalled to be 70lbs. That is a lot of weight. What shipper have you found that would ship 70+ pounds for 45 dollars. It was a simple mistake and probably a typo on Greyhounds part. It happens! If you want to dispute this through ebay, then fine, I have tried my best to solve this issue through messages. It seems like you dont want to pay any more shipping costs, is that your main issue? And you basically want the seats for free in the end. Things cost money to ship and you seem to not understand that. Take a look at my ebay feedback, I have a clean record, and am not a crook. If you would like to take this up with ebay, then fine, but this issue could have been resolved quicker and more effieciently by other means. Now if you want to talk about ebay contracts within the bidding. You paid with a check, and I distinctly said that no checks or money orders are accepted, plus I needed the payment within 24 hours, and it took approx 5 weeks to recieve. The first check was lost, which wasnt my problem, it was a problem with USPS. Just like you say it wasnt my problem with shipping its Greyhounds. It goes both ways, and I was reasonable with you paying for the item with a personal check. I gave YOU leniancy, and I expected the same.

Thanks,

George

Buyer Response:
thanks for your return, my response is as follows:you were contacted by phone about this transaction using a corporate check,you agreed,check was lost but sent on time by us as agreed.We then paid to stop check and resubmit again on a timely basis.Now then we have adhered to the ebay contract, when in fact you have not. the next question that begs attention is who would have bid that much money if you had properly researched the shipping.This newly quoted shipping exceeds the value bid on the seats and is in error approx 300%

My response:

You take a week to respond to me? Im sorry but Ive had my fair share of responses on trying to resolve this issue with you. I have offered to refund your shipping costs up to the amount you gave me (FULL REFUND IN SHIPPING), as well as possibly sending more, but since you are unwilling to budge and you want me to pay for the shipping costs, I suggest you take this up with ebay. I have shipped bumpers and wheels and other heavy items before that have cost more in shipping than the item itself. You go to a dealer and see how much these leather seats are. They are well in excess of 400 per seat. You got both the seats for 122 dollars. Im sorry you feel like you had been cheated, but any reasonable person understands that sometimes mistakes happen. LIKE I SAID BEFORE, I had been willing to work out to an agreement on shipping and help pay for it, but you have not sent back any responses but, calling me defamatory terms as a crook, as any reasonable person would know that I am not.

Thanks and have a great day,

George

So my question to you all is, was I completely in the wrong?

Leisa
03-23-2006, 07:05 AM
Hell no you werent wrong.. by no means.

Ran
03-23-2006, 07:07 AM
It's not your fault George, but if I were you, I would be working my beef out with Greyhound as they misquoted you. If I was a consumer, I would also probably be upset if the shipping turned out to be three times that of the quoted amount and then you try to charge me more. In all honesty, he seems like an unreasonable douchebag that is unwilling to work cooperatively. I don't see you in fault, but Greyhound's error will place the blame in your lap and thus you'll probably wind up eating the additional charges. Sorry bro.

A question tho; if they had quoted you $45 and then wanted to charge you $139, why did you ship? I sure as hell wouldn't have. It probably would have gone smoother if you had held the seats and contacted the buyer. That way, in a worse case scenario, you could have simply sent the guy back his money.

CopyRight
03-23-2006, 07:11 AM
Yeah, why dont you make Greyhound eat the shipping? if they misquoted, it's not your fault.

And the other guys sounds like a complete douche for not even trying to be reasonable.

ALVIN
03-23-2006, 07:11 AM
You tried man and I do not blame you for being frustrated. I think the guyis trying to scam you out of money and out of seats. I believe it would be well worth to pay $135 for shipping plus the 122 since you are willing to give back the 45. Now thats cheap as hell $257 for 2 leather seats is a good deal when it would take about that much if not more to get seats re-upholstered in leather.

Nemesis
03-23-2006, 07:13 AM
It's not your fault George, but if I were you, I would be working my beef out with Greyhound as they misquoted you. If I was a consumer, I would also probably be upset if the shipping turned out to be three times that of the quoted amount and then you try to charge me more. In all honesty, he seems like an unreasonable douchebag that is unwilling to work cooperatively. I don't see you in fault, but Greyhound's error will place the blame in your lap and thus you'll probably wind up eating the additional charges. Sorry bro.

A question tho; if they had quoted you $45 and then wanted to charge you $139, why did you ship? I sure as hell wouldn't have. It probably would have gone smoother if you had held the seats and contacted the buyer. That way, in a worse case scenario, you could have simply sent the guy back his money.

I had called Greyhound numerous times to speak with someone and the response I get back is, we arent sure what you are talking about, or sorry we cant help you. So why did I send the seats out anyways? Well the check they had originally sent me was lost in mail and they sent out another one a couple weeks later. It seemed like over the phone , some of their messages they left me, they wanted the seats fast. And quite honestly, most would know that even with the 130 shipping charge which totals out the seat transaction to 240 dollars, its still an amazing deal for motorized leather seats. That's why I still sent them. I also offered to send back 45 for shipping, so in the end they are really only spending an extra 100 dollars for shipping costs.

Now my question is, this transaction has been going since February. Isnt there a time limit to resolve issues? Also, since they paid with check and not paypal ebay cant do much in this matter anyways?

Ran
03-23-2006, 07:24 AM
Now my question is, this transaction has been going since February. Isnt there a time limit to resolve issues? Also, since they paid with check and not paypal ebay cant do much in this matter anyways?I think it's 30 days or something like that but no, paypal won't be able to help you since it wasn't a paypal transaction.

B16a2 Civic
03-23-2006, 07:26 AM
fuck dat nigga George, you want him off'd?

Nitro
03-23-2006, 07:29 AM
he's a dipshit fuck him let ebay open the resolution.......it'll work out in the end.....u did nothing wrong but.........u should not have went ahead with shipping bro.

Nemesis
03-23-2006, 07:31 AM
I did a little reasearch and the buyer has 60 days MAX to open a dispute. Auction completed Jan-16. So I guess Im fine then.

Ill just learn from this I guess.

ALVIN
03-23-2006, 07:37 AM
It would be funny if he sent the seats back after 60 days.

AtifSajid
03-23-2006, 08:01 AM
I wouldnt give him his money back at all, and take the seats back. Wait until he give you the rest for shipping.

I would have never left the seats to be COD to him to begin with. Because anyone would have refused to pay for the COD especially since it was more.

He has no arguement. He has waited so long to reply and send you money and so forth. Let him post you negative feedback, it dont mean shit on the first one. Especially if you have many more positives.

Nemesis
03-23-2006, 08:03 AM
Yeah, Ive got about 50 positive feedbacks, including buyer feedbacks. 0 Negatives.

Nitro
03-23-2006, 08:06 AM
Yeah, Ive got about 50 positive feedbacks, including buyer feedbacks. 0 Negatives.

it won't affect u manj :D if he emails u again .......tell him to EAD.

ATK_Designs
03-23-2006, 08:21 AM
you aren't wrong. He's just bitching. Does your auction states: Buyers are to pay actually shipping price and NOT the specific 45 bucks?

CMO
03-23-2006, 09:02 AM
Really I think it's both of your faults. His for sending a check and taking so long. And yours for shipping the seats COD. To me if the shipping say's $45 then that's what I wanna pay if I win the auction. The shipping price will make or brake and item for me.

Nemesis
03-23-2006, 09:03 AM
Yeah, and I realized the mistake on my part, and I offered to pay shipping back and possibly help more, but it was refused.

B16a2 Civic
03-23-2006, 09:05 AM
Really I think it's both of your faults. His for sending a check and taking so long. And yours for shipping the seats COD. To me if the shipping say's $45 then that's what I wanna pay if I win the auction. The shipping price will make or brake and item for me.
spelling can break you too

CMO
03-23-2006, 09:05 AM
Yeah, and I realized the mistake on my part, and I offered to pay shipping back and possibly help more, but it was refused.

Yeah it was a good deal on the shipping even if it was more than $45. All I can say is live and learn.

CALIWEST
03-23-2006, 09:23 AM
just a little hint...use DHL...they are cheap...i've sent out a 99lbs tv and the shipping cost came out to about $53

TeeJay
03-23-2006, 09:46 AM
just a little hint...use DHL...they are cheap...i've sent out a 99lbs tv and the shipping cost came out to about $53

yeah just to follow up on that...i heard DHL hasnt sorted out all of their ground routes yet, so a lot of times, even if you buy GROUND shipping, they just ship it via AIR. Its cheaper for you and the buyer, and the buyer is usually happy because the item got there uber-fast!!

Nemesis
03-23-2006, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the tips guys, ill do that next time.

CALIWEST
03-23-2006, 03:07 PM
no prob...oh yea..if u go to the DHL office to ship u get a $3 discount for bringing in the item...i ususally go to the one near buford hwy....just thought i tell ya that