PDA

View Full Version : WTB 90-97 mustang V8 5spd

dizzle
03-23-2006, 06:48 AM
lemme know wut ya got... lookin for a friend. doesnt hafta be perfect, but atleast run good.

LemonAJAX
03-23-2006, 07:32 AM
my friends got one for sale.. 11k firm, it's a 91 coupe, 5.0, 5-speed, short throw, it's also got turn-downs.. 17" cobra r's wrapped in nitto drag radials on the back and nitto nt555's up front.. about 18k in motor work.. last time he dyno'd it it had 340 WHP and almost 400 ft/lbs but he just needs to sell it, it needs a new headliner.. either pm him(for a list of motor work thats been done..) or me for info.. his screen name on here in bybyevo so just hit him up if your interested..

Big Baller
03-23-2006, 07:35 AM
my friends got one for sale.. 11k firm, it's a 91 coupe, 5.0, 5-speed, short throw, 17" cobra r's wrapped in nitto drag radials on the back and nitto nt555's up front.. about 18k in motor work.. last time he dyno'd it it had 340 WHP and almost 400 ft/lbs but he just needs to sell it, it needs a new headliner.. either pm him or me for info.. his screenname on here in bybyevo so just hit him up if your interested..

Your friend has lost his mind, 18k in motor work and it made 340hp. You have got to be joking.

For 11k you can buy a really fast fox body coupe.

CopyRight
03-23-2006, 07:40 AM
Your friend has lost his mind, 18k in motor work and it made 340hp. You have got to be joking.

For 11k you can buy a really fast fox body coupe.

Actually, for like 2-3k you can get a coupe and build a motor for under 3k that would run 12's all day and 11's with a good driver. So that's like 5k at most I'd ever spend on a coupe.

18k in motor work, sounds like everything was polished to look pretty and some bolt on's, OR he had a shop do all the work and they soaked up alot of labor.

I can only imagine what 18k worth of motor work to a 5.0 could do.

LemonAJAX
03-23-2006, 07:43 AM
Actually, for like 2-3k you can get a coupe and build a motor for under 3k that would run 12's all day and 11's with a good driver. So that's like 5k at most I'd ever spend on a coupe.

18k in motor work, sounds like everything was polished to look pretty and some bolt on's, OR he had a shop do all the work and they soaked up alot of labor.

I can only imagine what 18k worth of motor work to a 5.0 could do.

to be honest a lot of it was labor.. but in the 1/8 he ran low 8's PRIOR to the engine mods.. and theres no way you can get a 5.0 coupe for under 4k now a days.. maybe a hatch.. coupes are so popular right now.. look on streetcarforums.com

LemonAJAX
03-23-2006, 07:45 AM
but the 18k is:
-motor work
-turn downs
-labor
-what he paid for the car
-rims&tires
-new tranmission
etc. so it's an overall price..

CopyRight
03-23-2006, 07:55 AM
to be honest a lot of it was labor.. but in the 1/8 he ran low 8's PRIOR to the engine mods.. and theres no way you can get a 5.0 coupe for under 4k now a days.. maybe a hatch.. coupes are so popular right now.. look on streetcarforums.com

Umm, You can ge a coupe for 4K, you just have to be patient and look. I've passed upon many Coupes that were for sale anywhere between 3500-5000k. I've been on streetcarforums before you were driving, and I know most of the guys over there, the reason you aren't gonna get a cheap car from that site is, they know exactly the kinda money they can get out of a coupe. Everyday sellers will not and just KBB it. Did you know that GA State and Mercer purchased about 40 or so 91 Coupes to be used for security? And some are still around? Every now and then, when they hold school equipment auctions, they've sold off one or two, and they have not gone for higher than 2200.

you've shouldve specified that 18k was for the whole car, you said 18k in motor work.

for 18k, that car better be immaculate, stroked and at least have a 5-lug conversion.

and btw, you can get flowmaster turndown's at Andy's in snellville for like $100bucks. You do understand turndown's are just hacking off your pipes and putting like a 75degree elbow on it. Most people refer to it as "dumping" your exhaust, I did it to my mustang.

LemonAJAX
03-23-2006, 08:01 AM
Umm, You can ge a coupe for 4K, you just have to be patient and look. I've passed upon many Coupes that were for sale anywhere between 3500-5000k. I've been on streetcarforums before you were driving, and I know most of the guys over there, the reason you aren't gonna get a cheap car from that site is, they know exactly the kinda money they can get out of a coupe. Everyday sellers will not and just KBB it. Did you know that GA State and Mercer purchased about 40 or so 91 Coupes to be used for security? And some are still around? Every now and then, when they hold school equipment auctions, they've sold off one or two, and they have not gone for higher than 2200.

you've shouldve specified that 18k was for the whole car, you said 18k in motor work.

for 18k, that car better be immaculate, stroked and at least have a 5-lug conversion.

and btw, you can get flowmaster turndown's at Andy's in snellville for like $100bucks. You do understand turndown's are just hacking off your pipes and putting like a 75degree elbow on it. Most people refer to it as "dumping" your exhaust, I did it to my mustang.

well sorry for not specifing.. and all of his motor work was done at Pro Speed.. and it does have a 5-lug conversion.. forgot about that.. i helped with that too lol i've slept since then..

CopyRight
03-23-2006, 08:07 AM
lemme know wut ya got... lookin for a friend. doesnt hafta be perfect, but atleast run good.

btw, what's his spending limit....like the least amount he'd like to spend to the most he has in cash no bs right now.

and 90-97 is pretty broad. He doesnt care if he gets a Fox or a Sn95 bodystyle? Which would he prefer?

LemonAJAX
03-23-2006, 08:20 AM
yeah details help..

Brandon C
03-23-2006, 08:58 AM
we ahve a bunch of Mustangs....just call 770-476-2090

dizzle
03-23-2006, 01:36 PM
ill let u guys know asap... probably lookin for sumthin cheap tho... he wants to do everything himself i think?

buddha@TeamFX
03-23-2006, 02:15 PM
I'll vouch for the motor work if it was done at Pro Speed..Jeff and the guys over there are some great guys and build great cars!

nofive-0
03-23-2006, 05:15 PM
I got my fox coupe for 1k

haha ownage :D

but anyways let him know that he probably wants someting like 87-98. That covers all FI foxs and all sn95's. If it were me (but its not so don't flame) I would go with a 96+ sn95. They can be had for super cheap and you can build mods for almost as cheap as pushrod motors now. And you have the advantage of the option of an aluminum block and rotating assembly. Get some PI heads and a diy turbo and youd be set 4 life..... until the tranny crapps out. But I can weld and fabricate and assume so can he. Labor charges suck.

dizzle
03-23-2006, 08:35 PM
k preciate it! bump

LemonAJAX
03-23-2006, 09:41 PM
I'll vouch for the motor work if it was done at Pro Speed..Jeff and the guys over there are some great guys and build great cars!

see preciate it.. yeah jeff did most of the work himself too..