PDA

View Full Version : Misc Pro bowl DE John Abraham to Atlanta

HyPer50
03-21-2006, 08:02 PM
After a week of Jets being greedy lil fucks, we finally got a deal made on getting Abraham. Basically we traded our 1st round pick (15th over all) to Denver for there 1st round pick (29th overall I believe), and a mid round pic in 06 and 07... then we traded the 1st rounder to the Jets for Abraham... I wish we could of kept our 1st rounder to pick up another quality CB, like Jimmy Williams, but oh well.. Atleast we have got a VERY solid line now, with Abraham, Coleman, Kerney, Brooking, Hartwell, and Demorrio Williams... Not to mention the pickup of SS's Lawyer Milloy and Chris Crocker... We should have a very impressive defense this year... coupled with our already very dangerous offense = very good odds.

quickdodgeŽ
03-21-2006, 09:34 PM
I'm liking it. I can't waittil they get out there. Later, QD.

mp5o
03-21-2006, 10:47 PM
Sucks the Falcons wont have a first round pick... But I'm sure abraham will more than make up for the difference.

2.0civic
03-22-2006, 01:18 AM
Might be a good year this year. I cant stand vick as a person but as an athlete hes great. Hes a dick in real life.

HyPer50
03-22-2006, 01:31 AM
Might be a good year this year. I cant stand vick as a person but as an athlete hes great. Hes a dick in real life.

And where are you getting this? Cause he didn't sign an autograph or something? Can't be half as bad as his brother... Atleast as a general rule, you dont hear about any problems from Michael off the field. Oh well, there's no "might" about it.... As long as we dont have a total breakdown or some major injuries like last year, this will definatly be a good year.

PhAtBoYMr2
03-22-2006, 08:24 AM
hell yeah! look out for my fuckng boys next season!!!!

Im gettin season tickets!!! wooooot

TeeJay
03-22-2006, 09:11 AM
heres the link in case anybody wants it..http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2378875

our defense should be sick next year, but i do agree i wish we coulda got another corner to back up d-hall. i think chris mcallister and ed reed are still available.

2.0civic
03-22-2006, 11:16 AM
And where are you getting this? Cause he didn't sign an autograph or something? Can't be half as bad as his brother... Atleast as a general rule, you dont hear about any problems from Michael off the field. Oh well, there's no "might" about it.... As long as we dont have a total breakdown or some major injuries like last year, this will definatly be a good year.

he comes into my job all the time and buys shit and we all give him his space. well a little girl (about maybe 4-5) asked him for an autograph and he just turns away and acts like he didnt know she was there. He always comes in with three other guys and they all walk around spitting on the ground, knocking shit off the shelf and other stupid shit. Yeah, but when he turned down a little girl, it kinda pissed me off. I could understand if like there were alot of people around but its a little girl and you get paid to play a game.

HyPer50
03-22-2006, 01:50 PM
heres the link in case anybody wants it..http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2378875

our defense should be sick next year, but i do agree i wish we coulda got another corner to back up d-hall. i think chris mcallister and ed reed are still available.

There were originally talks about us getting McAllister, dunno if they fell through or what. Reed is a safety tho (isn't he?) and we are pretty well set at safety... actually may need to get rid of Scott or somethin' lol.

TeeJay
03-22-2006, 04:18 PM
i think ed reed is a corner, could be mistaken. but either way ed reed > bryan scott.

TeeJay
03-22-2006, 04:22 PM
he comes into my job all the time and buys shit and we all give him his space. well a little girl (about maybe 4-5) asked him for an autograph and he just turns away and acts like he didnt know she was there. He always comes in with three other guys and they all walk around spitting on the ground, knocking shit off the shelf and other stupid shit. Yeah, but when he turned down a little girl, it kinda pissed me off. I could understand if like there were alot of people around but its a little girl and you get paid to play a game.

i think this goes for like 97% of pro athletes. I live in charlotte and Steve Smith (Panthers receiver) comes to my job all the time. i work at a cell phone place and he always gets surrounded by ppl and just brushes them off like they arent even there. the mofo even used a fuckin 10% off coupon to buy a phone holster from me :jerkit: the nicest pro athlete ive personally seen was alonzo mourning. he is very down to earth.

HyPer50
03-22-2006, 05:30 PM
Well, you gotta figure that being very famous, they probably get bugged anytime they go out in public.. so I can imagine getting annoyed a bit.. Don't forget, these guys aren't actors and actoresses, they are pro atheletes... Not the same thing.

And i just checked, Reed is a safety.. I'm sure he could play CB since he's so skilled, but he would break our bank lol. I mean shit... last year we had the most players (per team) than any other team in the NFL except the Steelers... and now we just added 2 more pro bowlers to our roster this offseason. Our budget has gotta be near bustin' lol. I'm figuring they'll probably try and grab another corner with the 2nd round pick... as good of a draft as this year is, I'm sure there will be some promising corners in the 2nd round.

2.0civic
03-22-2006, 10:15 PM
i think this goes for like 97% of pro athletes. I live in charlotte and Steve Smith (Panthers receiver) comes to my job all the time. i work at a cell phone place and he always gets surrounded by ppl and just brushes them off like they arent even there. the mofo even used a fuckin 10% off coupon to buy a phone holster from me :jerkit: the nicest pro athlete ive personally seen was alonzo mourning. he is very down to earth.

yeah, like its one thing for a buncha people to bombard someone but fuck man!! turning down a little girl is just low. It was even funnier when he went to check out and his visa got declined. Funny shit right there

On topic though, I think it will be a good year. anyone got any predictions as to W-L?

TeeJay
03-23-2006, 12:02 AM
if vick stays healthy and starts being vick again instead of listening to all his critics, and we keep dunn, our defense is nasty enough, i think 13-3 or 12-4 is a real possibility. or we could just bomb out like last year and lose 6 of our last 8 games. im gonna say 11-5 though.

2.0civic
03-23-2006, 12:19 AM
im thinking 12-4

HyPer50
03-23-2006, 01:05 AM
I'd say we should atleast win 10 games, and atleast make it to the NFCCG. All depends on how well the team meshes and as long as the majority of folks stay healthy. We suffered some pretty big injuries torward the middle of last season and that pretty much killed us...

HyPer50
03-24-2006, 03:27 AM
There are now talks of us possibly going for a BIG tackle, to stand next to Coleman and replace the "weak" (if you want to call 6'1" 293lb Chad Lavalais weak) link in our line. Lots of talk about our line being very good and quick, but a bit undersized to stop the run. I dont buy into all that, I think we should be fine, but it wouldn't hurt to have one big man on the line. Supposedly they are looking at the Bills old DT Sam Adams... if you've never seen him, this guy is a true beast, he's friggin' huge and I dont mean just muscle, think of Nate Newton + some.
http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10004/Sam%20Adams%20tackle.jpg

PhAtBoYMr2
03-24-2006, 07:43 AM
does anyone know if we dropped matt shaub? i know he was a free agent but did we keep him?

my boys will run shit next year, mark my words

TeeJay
03-24-2006, 08:56 AM
i think we still got schaub. funny, i dont know if yall visit the falcons message boards, but them fools over there are always hollerin about trade vick and make schaub a starter. :confused: he has decent stats when he plays, but the guys never won an nfl game!!! http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?showforum=2

just look at all the bs over there, i hate that place sometimes...

HyPer50
03-24-2006, 04:47 PM
does anyone know if we dropped matt shaub? i know he was a free agent but did we keep him?

my boys will run shit next year, mark my words

Hmm.... nope we still have Matt Shaub, and no, he was never a free agent. His contract runs out next year, not this year. There were talks about trading him, but apparently Rich McKay is pretty adament about keeping him... Which is fine with me, it never hurts to have a good backup, cause you never know what will happen.

mp5o
03-24-2006, 04:54 PM
i think we still got schaub. funny, i dont know if yall visit the falcons message boards, but them fools over there are always hollerin about trade vick and make schaub a starter. :confused: he has decent stats when he plays, but the guys never won an nfl game!!! http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?showforum=2

just look at all the bs over there, i hate that place sometimes...

I'd love to see that happen.... But unfortunatly... It won't. Vick needs to bring his A game this year... Folks are gettin tired of the bullshit.

HyPer50
03-24-2006, 05:13 PM
I'd love to see that happen.... But unfortunatly... It won't. Vick needs to bring his A game this year... Folks are gettin tired of the bullshit.

Thinking of yourself? lol. Actually the majority of fans DO think Vick should still be the starter. He needs to improve in some areas, but you'd be blind to not notice that he is the best thing to happen to this team in a LONG time. He may need a bit of work, but he has hall of fame potential. I just hope the front office address our OL needs this year in the draft, so hopefully Vick can have a bit more time than he did last year. I believe he has been the most sacked QB in the last 2 years, and you can't put all the blame on the OL... but more time = less sacks obviously.

TeeJay
03-24-2006, 05:59 PM
Thinking of yourself? lol. Actually the majority of fans DO think Vick should still be the starter. He needs to improve in some areas, but you'd be blind to not notice that he is the best thing to happen to this team in a LONG time. He may need a bit of work, but he has hall of fame potential. I just hope the front office address our OL needs this year in the draft, so hopefully Vick can have a bit more time than he did last year. I believe he has been the most sacked QB in the last 2 years, and you can't put all the blame on the OL... but more time = less sacks obviously.

:stupid: i agree 100%, people always get on vick for getting sacked, fumbling, or throwing an int, but sometimes its kinda hard to hang on to the ball or throw an accurate ball when u got folks in the backfield nearly as soon as the ball is snapped...

2.0civic
03-24-2006, 11:34 PM
http://forums.importatlanta.com/images/smilies/stupid.gif i agree 100%, people always get on vick for getting sacked, fumbling, or throwing an int, but sometimes its kinda hard to hang on to the ball or throw an accurate ball when u got folks in the backfield nearly as soon as the ball is snapped...

true. Way off topic man but thats a funny yellow sign but i always thought faggot had 2 g's?? http://forums.importatlanta.com/images/smilies/dunno.gif

TeeJay
03-25-2006, 08:42 AM
shhhh....i didnt make it man i just found it :lmfao: :lmfao:

2.0civic
03-25-2006, 10:49 AM
anyway, its funny as shit. how much ar season tix going for now??

TeeJay
03-25-2006, 12:45 PM
http://www.atlantafalcons.com/tickets/waitingList.jsp

get in line buddy