PDA

View Full Version : A ? to all the Honda gurus...

aaronfelipe
03-21-2006, 08:49 AM
I am working on a D16A6 motor that is in my new car right now. When the car started, there was a horrible rubbing noise which I later found out it was being caused by one of the pulleys rubbing against the plastic covering the camshaft pulleys. After taking out the alternator, alternator mount, drivers motor mount (as instructed in Hayne’s manual), and all the other jazz to take the bottom part of the plastic cap covering the pulleys, I found out it is the pulley that is located (standing from the drivers fender) diagonally down to the right from the main pulley in the head. This pulley is attached to the motor and seems to be really loose. I can make is move and wobble with my hand. I need to know if this is supposed to happen or not, and if its not, what procedure I should take to replace it and where could I find it for a good price. I tried looking in the manual but I could not find where it was labeled, I think it is the water pump pulley. It is not held to the motor by a nut, it seems to be some sort of spring mechanism. All help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
-Aaron-

Vteckidd
03-21-2006, 09:33 AM
Ok, you have the CRANK PULLEY which is held in place by a 17 or 19mm bolt (depending on the year). Crank pullley has belts that run from it to the alternator, AC, an on certain cars Power Steering (PS)

Now you describe taking the bottom end apart, but the CAMSHAFT pulley is located up top, on the side of the head. and theres only 4 bolts taht hold it in.

Sounds to me like its your alternator pulley, the bolt is probably loose and the belt is squealing, pretty common, replace it, its a $3 part.

IM me on AIM and ill send you the COMPLETE CRX service manual , ditch the haynes, it sucks donkey balls

Vteckidd
03-21-2006, 09:38 AM
Heres some pictures to help you out:
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/catimgs/13sh20_e11.gif

This is an exploded view of the alternator:
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/catimgs/13sh20_e0601.gif

Vteckidd
03-21-2006, 09:44 AM
id upload the manual, but it wont allow you to, i can only email it or Direct Connect transfer it

aaronfelipe
03-21-2006, 10:38 AM
The pulley I'm talkng about is right below and to the right of bolt no.22 behind that circle. It is inside the plastic.

Vteckidd
03-21-2006, 11:15 AM
Water Pump pulley.

Replace the water pump and timing belt

Vteckidd
03-21-2006, 11:16 AM
IM me on AIM :VTECKIDD and ill send you the entire Honda Service manual so you can take step by step instructions to remove an replace

aaronfelipe
03-21-2006, 03:12 PM
Im'ed