PDA

View Full Version : TINT...

JITB
04-24-2005, 02:28 PM
Anyoen did their own tint before? Is it hard? And if not, what is the best kit to use...

mi4dub
05-05-2005, 08:15 AM
i have! i have done 5 cars 2 suv's 1, 15passenger van, and that is all.... lets see.... it's always easier to do lighter shade. some real sharp blades. garage or non windy day. good spray bottle. papertowel, spray bottle. credit card. and a heat gun.... heat gun will save you alot of frustration.

JITB
05-11-2005, 05:59 PM
sooooo, what kit do u use? Any special brand...ive always been scared to do it...b/c i didnt want to fuck it up.. and have bubbled up purple shit all on my windows...lol

Let me know, cuz i wanbt to try it out myself..

sh80
05-23-2005, 09:15 PM
I usually go and have the local tint shop sell me a roll it is a bit more than they get it for but still a good price and it is lumar tint. The company will not warranty me since I am not a recognized shop.

chuck
05-23-2005, 09:28 PM
From www.ehow.com:

How to Tint Your Windows

Steps:
1. Gather the following tools and materials: tinting film, an X-Acto knife, razors, a blow dryer or heat gun, 4-inch squeegees, small sponges, a 4-inch hard card or Bondo card, a bone tool, and a spray bottle filled with a mixture of dishwashing soap and water.

2. Cut the film in the shape of the windows. Set cutouts aside on a glass board or an area devoted to cut film.

3. Spray the side window with the soap and water mixture.

4. Use a razor to go over the side window to remove any residue.

5. Use a 4-inch squeegee to get rid of any residue from top to bottom.

6. Apply the tint to the side window. Leave 1/4 inch to 1/16 inch from the top edge of the window without tint. This will be covered when the window and door are closed.

7. Employ the bone tool and push the tint below the inner rubber seals of the window.

8. Use the hard card to make certain that the tint goes into all the corners.

9. Take a heat gun or blow dryer in one hand and a squeegee in the other, and heat from the top on one side, working the tint with the squeegee on the other side in a horizontal motion. This should get out any remaining moisture from between the film and glass.

10. Use the same procedure to apply the tint film to the front windshield.

11. Follow steps 3 and 5 in applying the film to the rear window. Don't use the razor blade to prep the rear window because the blade can damage the rear defroster.

12. Count the number of defroster lines on the back window.

13. Cut the rear window film into the required number of panels.

14. Place the first panel on the bottom, the second panel on top of the first, the third panel on top of the second and so on. Identify the defroster line where two panels overlap.

15. Trim the film from over the defroster lines.

Tips from eHow Users:
Use soap solution on both sides by joe S.
After you've applied the tint to a window and you're ready to squeegee the bubbles out, spray the film with the soap and water solution. This makes it a million times easier to go over it with a rubber squeegee and you won't have to worry about tearing it because of the friction. By far the hardest part, though, is cutting the film...Good luck! :)

CasperSE
06-26-2005, 08:22 PM
what is the legal limit now, since they brought back the tint law?

BarnDog296
06-28-2005, 08:04 PM
35% in the front, the rest dont really matter
I just talked to a guy this weekend about Tint

jt1583
07-02-2005, 12:46 AM
duluth pd officer told me 32% on front and back roll down windows, triangular windows that dont move like behind front windows in a coupe or back windows in a sedan can be as low as limo and 6 inches down on the windsheild

JITB
07-02-2005, 01:20 AM
SOoo a regular old tint kit form auto zone is just as good as any other?

Repost Squintz
07-03-2005, 08:50 AM
i guesss so? just dont get like the yellow colored tint lol

00CiViC00
07-06-2005, 02:23 AM
.....32% + or - 3