PDA

View Full Version : Ok I have to go to court tomorrow

TIGERJC
03-20-2006, 05:13 PM
I got a speeding ticket for going 23 over the speed limit in spaulding county, I have to go to court because im under 21. I called the clerk office to find out how much my ticket would be and she told me I would find out from the judge tomorrow. I thought U have to pay on the spot, or do that give you a few extra days to pay. How much do u guys think the ticket will be, so That can alteast carry a good amount to pay the ticket tomorrow

CALIWEST
03-20-2006, 05:14 PM
when you talk to the judge and you don't have all the money..u can make payments with the court...just tell the judge you need an extension on the fee...and they usually grant you that..unless you had other shiet you didn't pay before hand when u went to court

TIGERJC
03-20-2006, 05:17 PM
aight thanks I was allegidly going 78 in a 55 mph zone, I think the ticket will be about $150 I hope

PhAtBoYMr2
03-20-2006, 05:19 PM
yo man, did you do like i said?? is it your first ticket??? i know the system after losing my lisense for one year, 2 six months suspensions, they fucked me over hard....

If you go to driving school and show the certificate that you completed it, you can get some of the points knocked out and in some cases the judge might even throw the ticket out if it is your first ticket.....I payed all my tickets off and found out later it wasnt the right thing to do......you should talk to the soliciter and see what you can do about gettin some of the MPH knocked off

If im not mistaken 23 over if your under 21 is ethier a 6 month automatic suspension or 3 points towards your lisense, you only have 4 to give so if you get another moving violation before you turn 21 your fucked...

MongolPup
03-20-2006, 05:20 PM
dude i told you. just because they say their 18 doesn't get you off the hook.

it might get you off, just not the hook.

and yeah, you get a "payment plan"

TIGERJC
03-20-2006, 05:21 PM
I thought u lose you liscene if you go 24 and over. I hope so, b/c if not im fucked :eek:

PhAtBoYMr2
03-20-2006, 05:22 PM
I thought u lose you liscene if you go 24 and over

it think its 23 and over the speed limit.....im not 100% sure...

CALIWEST
03-20-2006, 05:24 PM
usually if its your first offence..and u talk to the solictor...he/she may knock off 5mph...be4 you talk to the judge...so all you gotta do is wait...

and when it comes down to taking defensive driving school...you can do that and show the certificate to the judge to get sum points off..but that is not always a definate

mach1girl
03-20-2006, 06:57 PM
it think its 23 and over the speed limit.....im not 100% sure...

I feel for you. I know 30 over, you can go to jail, not that I would know from experience:) . But i think under 21 there are different laws. i am not going admit how many tickets i have had or how many times I have had a suspeneded license. Just got finished court with court in Cobb and have another court date coming up for Fulton in the next month or so. I highlighted in red what i think will answer your question.

Hope this helps: http://www.dds.ga.gov/ i went in and searched "points"

http://www.dds.ga.gov/drivers/DLdata.aspx?con=1744060376&ty=dl
Under 21 Years of Age Suspension

The driver's license of any person under 21 years of age convicted of any of the following offenses shall be SUSPENDED:

Hit and run or leaving the scene of an accident in violation of Code Section 4-6-270.
Racing on highways or streets.
Using a motor vehicle in fleeing or attempting to elude an officer.
Reckless driving.
Any offense for which four or more points are assessable under subsection (c) of Code Section 40-5-57.
*Unlawful passing of a school bus.
*Improper passing on a hill or curve.
*Exceeding the speed limit by 24 miles per hour or more.
Purchasing an alcoholic beverage.
Driving under the Influence.
Aggressive Driving, Code Section 40-6-397. (Item #5)
Misrepresenting age for purpose of illegally obtaining any alcoholic beverage (3-3-23 (a) (3)).
Misrepresenting identity or using false identification for purpose of purchasing or obtaining any alcoholic beverage (3-3-23 (a) (5) ).
The driver's license of any person under 18 years of age who has accumulated a violation point count of four or more points within any 12 month period.

ALVIN
03-20-2006, 07:10 PM
thank you mach1girl...its not that hard to save the gov't. website. In fact its a smart thing to do so so you can have all the laws at your disposal. But like she stated its 24 and over. I got a 21 over in a work zone in snellville and had to pay $210 dollars.

PhAtBoYMr2
03-20-2006, 07:13 PM
thanks for clearing that up home girl!!!

but yeah, its always good to know the laws, so you know how bad your getting fucked every now and then

ALVIN
03-20-2006, 07:15 PM
lol yea that and to see if the officer/the man or yourself is right.

mach1girl
03-20-2006, 07:23 PM
thanks for clearing that up home girl!!!

but yeah, its always good to know the laws, so you know how bad your getting fucked every now and then

Not a problem. I have it in my favorites just for personal reasons. Ya'll I have had 23 tickets, 22 speeding and 1 improper driving on roadway. That one was bad, the cop followed me 5 miles in an unmarked car on GA400. Never even knew he was there and i was playing in the Mach 1. I should of had 9 tickets but he gave me 1. That is the one i have the next court date on. Last ticket i got dropped. Luckily the first 16 tickets were in FL and that last ones have been spread out of the past 6 years, dropped etc. Lost my license 2 times in FL. i was pulled over 2 times up here in GA for 30+ over and they gave me 29 over instead of 30 so i didn't have to go through the whole jail thing. But I have never had an accident. So needless to say i have slowed down and chilled out. No more playing except when i get to the track! I have corporate a job and I can't be messing with that...too much to loose!

And i dare someone to say girls get out of tickets!

BlkCD5
03-20-2006, 09:54 PM
girls get out of tickets j/k! :tongue:

HeLLo iM iZzY
03-20-2006, 09:55 PM
And i dare someone to say girls get out of tickets!

2 weeks ago officer pulls me over for 23 over...got a ticket
2 days later same guy pulls my friend (shes a girl) over for going 24 over...no ticket just warning....we both had no previous tickets or anything plus she got her license a mnth later then me...

pInoy_R
03-20-2006, 10:15 PM
if its 23 u should be fine. all my tickets were 25 exactly and i lost it. so you should be fine. a hefty fine but fine. yea payments and probation to make those payments. well that was my case. i got one on Hwy 19, GSP flipped a bitch and got me for speeding when I was pacing this Geen Civic. Civic Turned I didn't :mad: dumbiest move i ever made. should of turned. ticket 80 in 55.

its a good idea to talk to the solicitor though. gl dude

mach1girl
03-21-2006, 07:14 AM
2 weeks ago officer pulls me over for 23 over...got a ticket
2 days later same guy pulls my friend (shes a girl) over for going 24 over...no ticket just warning....we both had no previous tickets or anything plus she got her license a mnth later then me...

Ok correction not ALL girls get out of tickets;) . Maybe i just get them for all the other girls that get out ot them.

TIGERJC
03-21-2006, 01:04 PM
I PAID 210 FINE and the bitch of a judge put me on his list. If i get another ticket in the county in 6 months I lose my liscene

mach1girl
03-21-2006, 02:12 PM
I PAID 210 FINE and the bitch of a judge put me on his list. If i get another ticket in the county in 6 months I lose my liscene

Good news is you didn't loose your license! Look at it this way.... A friend of mine told me one time, slow down girl if you are going to fast no one will be able to see how good the car looks.

So just concentrate on keeping the speed down so everyone can check out your car:)

PawnShopCEO
03-21-2006, 03:25 PM
i have beat out more than 50% of my tickets by fighting them.. and the cop not showing up... cobb county cops ALWAYS show up... APD NEVER shows up.. i got a 30 over dropped cause the APD no showed

babygurl
03-21-2006, 03:31 PM
Ok correction not ALL girls get out of tickets;) . Maybe i just get them for all the other girls that get out ot them.

You and Emily (Phantomsol) have more than me! Finally lol sorry

I have 15 speeding tickets or so...a few seat belt violations....

TIGERJC
03-23-2006, 08:43 AM
I didnt want to start another thread, but yesterday my mom got a ticket in N.C. for doing 30 over and the officer told her she has to go to court in N.C. to settle the ticket. She asked me yesterday if i could find out if she could get a lawyer to repersent her and so that she doen't have to go to court. My mom asked me b/c she went to a funeral in N.C. and she doesnt want to stress over this small thing.

blacknightteg
03-23-2006, 08:51 AM
dude i told you. just because they say their 18 doesn't get you off the hook.

it might get you off, just not the hook.

and yeah, you get a "payment plan"

i dunno about that man, i got my first moving violation when i was 17 and it was for 23 over, fortunetly i didnt loose my liscense becuase they dropped it down bout like 2 mph. ( its 24 over that you loose it). i got another one before i turned 18 as well but the court date was in august i think and i had gotten it in july, so when i went to the court date, the solicitor extended and re did my court date 2 times so that i could turn 18 and not loose my license. BUT if i get another moving violation that is equal too four points, i automatically loose my license