PDA

View Full Version : 'alot' is not a word...

speedminded
03-20-2006, 09:37 AM
I just realized alot is not a word, lol...i feel stupid...i mean, more stupid after figuring that one out. I wanted a synonym for "alot" and went to 3 differant online dictionary's make sure that it was not really in there. [/useless thread]

B16a2 Civic
03-20-2006, 09:39 AM
really, you went to alot of online dictionary's though....maybe its an interweb error, report it to the help desk, it happens alot.

silver
03-20-2006, 09:40 AM
Lol.. I learned that quick in like 5th grade when I would use it a lot, lol.. my teacher taught me how to use so many more words other than a lot, lol... So now I dont use it as much, lol

Where are my pictures ho.. you should have a lot for me, lol.. or should I say you should have a bunch of pictures for me, lol

rickgiblin
03-20-2006, 09:40 AM
well i use alot alot and there for, ther must be alot of people that use alot in alot of sentences. have you checked alot of dictionaries the alot?

lol, sorry that was stupid. ill go hit myself. but are you serrious that alot isn't a word?

The Yousef
03-20-2006, 09:41 AM
it's a_lot:

a ~insert space here~ lot

...my 7th grade teacher used to get on us a lot for typing that

silver
03-20-2006, 09:42 AM
well i use alot alot and there for, ther must be alot of people that use alot in alot of sentences. have you checked alot of dictionaries the alot?

lol, sorry that was stupid. ill go hit myself. but are you serrious that alot isn't a word?

I think they say a lot is ok to use.. but not alot.. But in grammar they try to get you to use other things instead of a lot.. like many, a bunch, several, etc...

Dirty Octopus™
03-20-2006, 10:04 AM
lotta is

speedminded
03-20-2006, 10:24 AM
Where are my pictures ho.. you should have a lot for me, lol.. or should I say you should have a bunch of pictures for me, loli got alot of pics showing a whole lotta Silver... :tongue: Actually i did put them all on my camera in a special folder so i could put them on my computer the next time i uploaded but then ran out of room doing a couple photoshoots so i had to deleted them knowing i could just go back on the old server and re-copy and upload...blah blah blah...once i uploaded my photoshoot pics i forgot about the pictures because they weren't on there anynore and now my camera has taken a shit but i'll try moving them again.

Pher
03-20-2006, 10:52 AM
Holy shit Jason... You're a fucking tard!

A Lot! I've had people correct me and say, "that is one word." Then I laugh and point.

man
03-20-2006, 11:29 AM
try the word "many"

Kelly
03-20-2006, 12:51 PM
Yeah, one of my english teachers in middle school taught us that. She wrote an "A" on one side of the board, and "Lot" at the other side, and left it on there for weeks. She got the point across. Lol

Killer
03-20-2006, 12:53 PM
only here for the religion..... now that's "A LOT" of bs...

Kelly
03-20-2006, 12:54 PM
^^^ :rolleyes:

quickdodge®
03-20-2006, 12:54 PM
This post has gone a lot over it's alloted amount of posts. Later, QD.

Killer
03-20-2006, 01:00 PM
agreed