PDA

View Full Version : All Show and no go??? OR the other way around?

mogallo
04-24-2005, 07:21 AM
What do you think is better?? A car that doesnt have cosmetic work, but hauls ass. Or a car that looks cool, but is slow as hell??

Post your opinion!!!

HEATON
04-24-2005, 07:35 AM
HOW ABOUT..Best of Both worlds?

quickdodge®
04-24-2005, 07:53 AM
I voted that you were a loser at life and have no idea what you're talking about. Later, QD.

5thgcelica
04-24-2005, 08:03 AM
lol im w/ qd

but on the real. i like the best of both worlds. for me, i started on the show on my car. but it'll eventually get some go ;)

civic95
04-24-2005, 08:07 AM
depends on how much you can afford to spend on insurance each month, and if you can survive losing your liscense for 6 months or longer.

mogallo
04-24-2005, 08:11 AM
I voted that you were a loser at life and have no idea what you're talking about. Later, QD.

Actually, that option was put there for YOU to say that you were a loser at life and had no idea what i was talking about.

The best of both worlds is a nice choice, but i dont really have 30k to drop into my car to have it all done at once.

I did the stereo system first (big mistake) and then decided i wanted to go fast before i wanted to look cool. Plus the Supra looks good enough without body mods.

Brett
04-24-2005, 08:37 AM
Best of both worlds would be a better choice.... But seeing you didnt offer that, and Im all show with no go, Thats what I piicked

Mr_S13®
04-24-2005, 09:42 AM
all go with no show

Cliff
04-24-2005, 09:48 AM
on supra how hard is it to do a drop some nice rims then a nice exaust....that's all you need to make a supra look good unless you wanna toss a lip kit on....then just massage the motor a lil and it won't take much to make a supra quick with minor bolt ons....i mean really how hard could it be...and you can't tell me it'd cost 30k for that lil bit....

Julio
04-24-2005, 10:32 AM
im w/ stupid

Kevykev
04-24-2005, 10:35 AM
a little bit of show with ALL GO owns anything!!!

I've slowly made the crossover!

mogallo
04-24-2005, 10:55 AM
on supra how hard is it to do a drop some nice rims then a nice exaust....that's all you need to make a supra look good unless you wanna toss a lip kit on....then just massage the motor a lil and it won't take much to make a supra quick with minor bolt ons....i mean really how hard could it be...and you can't tell me it'd cost 30k for that lil bit....

I have already spent about 12k under the hood.... im still not even done doing that. TRD widebody kit for supra is another 8000. i guess i could just be cheap and buy the replica TRD for 4500. The ab-flug kit looks sweet 12,000 dollar price tag on that though..., not to mention paint job 6000-8000 , bbs rg-r wheels w/ bfg kdw-2's, 4300 (rims and tires installed)

Grand total with TRD replica kit (cheapest) - 14,300 dollars on body work + wheels plus the 12k i already have under the hood...

......... 26,300 - i could have bought about 4 civics @ 6k each for that.... :D

Point - Shit can get expensive

Ruiner
04-24-2005, 10:58 AM
Best of both worlds hands down. I hate primered cars. If you are going to put a new "kit" on the car, make sure that you have they money to paint it immediately. Otherwise, don't do it. I have nothing but fun revving on cars that are all stickered out with lights, kits, wings, far tips, etc. It's funny to see them slink away. If you are going to do that to a car, you had better have some horsepower to back it up. Also, I couldn't care less about POS looking cars that do the 1/4 mile in 6 seconds. I mean, what is the point of having a POS looking sleeper car? I want to be able to pick my girl up in my car and valet it in front of a restaurant.

Best of both worlds.

down_shift
04-24-2005, 11:00 AM
I'd rather my car look nice than shitty but in order of importance I pick go over show.

Greddypacked
04-24-2005, 11:00 AM
Do both. Just do the right setups @ the right time. It can all be expensive show or go, but if ya know what your doing and where to look you would be surprised on how much money you can save.

Brandon C
04-24-2005, 11:18 AM
Shit I willl give you a Paint job for 5 grand right now and wheels what? Man Have you ever heard of the term Bend Over cause I think someone has been getting you...But Yeah Best of Both worlds but as I am w/ Brett My civic cant even climb a hill..I pick show

Julio
04-24-2005, 11:23 AM
i learned show cars get boring.... but theres nothing with having a clean car that can move. doesn't have to be a show car.
theres a big diffrence in a show car and a clean car

Allstar3.8T
04-24-2005, 11:47 AM
At this point in the scene, and car parts availibility, either way is narrow minded in my opinion. Why not build a fast car that looks good too(IE Patricjka Wodecka)? Or build a great lookin car that goes fast (IE Tim West)
I am getting ready to build a car that will drop jaws, and seriousally haul booty. Bye Bye imports for me.

Julio
04-24-2005, 11:49 AM
At this point in the scene, and car parts availibility, either way is narrow minded in my opinion. Why not build a fast car that looks good too(IE Patricjka Wodecka)? Or build a great lookin car that goes fast (IE Tim West)
I am getting ready to build a car that will drop jaws, and seriousally haul booty. Bye Bye imports for me.

yup yup

mogallo
04-24-2005, 11:55 AM
Shit I willl give you a Paint job for 5 grand right now and wheels what? Man Have you ever heard of the term Bend Over cause I think someone has been getting you...But Yeah Best of Both worlds but as I am w/ Brett My civic cant even climb a hill..I pick show

PS ..... QUALITY COUNTS!!!!! anyone can go get a shit job done by maaco or whoever and spend 400.... but their car will look like shit!!!! and NO, i dont want the plastic spinners you can buy at AUTOZONE.... thanks though!!!!

Brandon C
04-24-2005, 01:40 PM
Who said anything about Maaco or autozone I was just saying that spending 6-8 g's for a paint job come on man thats alot for ANY paintjob and as far as wheels are concerned I dont know what your looking for but thats alot as well

IndianStig
04-24-2005, 02:39 PM
I say for each $1000 spent on go spend about $250-500 on show, but if its a car like the 350Z i say that ratio can be stretched to 5000/500 in favor of go because the car aleady looks tight as hell from factory but an srt-4 can whoop its ass. but for a car like the EVO or STi it should be about $1000/$750 cause they are fast as shit but could look a little more sleek and clean, but thatts if you wanna make it a show car.

Cliff
04-24-2005, 02:39 PM
I have already spent about 12k under the hood.... im still not even done doing that. TRD widebody kit for supra is another 8000. i guess i could just be cheap and buy the replica TRD for 4500. The ab-flug kit looks sweet 12,000 dollar price tag on that though..., not to mention paint job 6000-8000 , bbs rg-r wheels w/ bfg kdw-2's, 4300 (rims and tires installed)

Grand total with TRD replica kit (cheapest) - 14,300 dollars on body work + wheels plus the 12k i already have under the hood...

......... 26,300 - i could have bought about 4 civics @ 6k each for that.... :D

no one ever said you had to widebody a supra to make it look good...i am sure there are simple lip kits that run much much much cheaper than a full trd widebody....or a abflub.......

Allstar3.8T
04-24-2005, 04:57 PM
Mogallo is an extreme view at this. He is willing to spend more than most. In the end it will be both show and go to 100%, Props for that. The thing is I bet you'll never see it on the street, if so I'd bet very limited. Cant say I blame him, my widebody civic never got left out of my sught, it was just a civic....ya know?!!

josh nixon
04-24-2005, 05:02 PM
no more imports greg?!

oh, and tim's car is slow!

Darling Nikki
04-24-2005, 05:18 PM
I'd rather my car look nice than shitty but in order of importance I pick go over show.

You can always have a nice looking stock for the exterior of course. My car is all go...but I have done some lil things exterior wise just to make it look good.
But anyways...I am all go nooooooo show.

quickdodge®
04-24-2005, 06:19 PM
Actually, that option was put there for YOU to say that you were a loser at life and had no idea what i was talking about.

My bad. I thought it was for you, dude. Later, QD.

Ruiner
04-24-2005, 08:22 PM

Come talk to me about shit being expensive and you will suddenly feel MUCH better about your situation. ;)

Allstar3.8T
04-25-2005, 10:50 AM
no more imports greg?!

oh, and tim's car is slow!

Nope, The gray/blk VW is for sale as of May 1st, and We'll keep the red one as the wifes car. I want the same car I have wanted since 1987 when I first rode in one, so I am gonna get my red neck mullet mobile. (I could have bought about 10 by now...I am not so smart)
I am sure Tims car is fast if its tuned, theres no way it cant be, like Jamels, it had a bad dyno day a while back (127 whp untuned?!) , but tuned it should be a monster too.
Hopefully Tims leaving ECI was in good terms, and everyone is still cool?! This local scene is always on the edge of drama, and I dont see any of you doin all that. Continued success at HIN, I will probably see yo there (Wasting my $$ w/ entry)

trythefly
04-25-2005, 12:05 PM
best of both worlds is the only way to go. I too built my showcar w/o having much in the HP dept. It was planned but I decided to eventually go a different route with another car and scrap my long term project for a better one. I now want a 05/06 Maxima with a supercharger or nice turbo setup. Hauls the family and hauls ass......

iNsTuN nOoDoH
04-25-2005, 12:37 PM
I'm in favor of both show n go so i'm not voting. show as in having a "clean" car to turbo heads as well as go that is ON the streets driven on the streets or the track.

mogallo
04-25-2005, 12:51 PM
no one ever said you had to widebody a supra to make it look good...i am sure there are simple lip kits that run much much much cheaper than a full trd widebody....or a abflub.......

I'm not just going to settle for less when it comes to my Supra. When it comes time to do the body work, im going to do it right, and be different than most. Thats the key when it comes to cosmetics i think.... you have to be unique. you have to have something that the other guy doesnt have.

LMAO "ABFLUB" :D

mogallo
04-25-2005, 12:53 PM
Mogallo is an extreme view at this. He is willing to spend more than most. In the end it will be both show and go to 100%, Props for that. The thing is I bet you'll never see it on the street, if so I'd bet very limited. Cant say I blame him, my widebody civic never got left out of my sught, it was just a civic....ya know?!!

For now, my Supra is my daily driver. When i get my beater to rag around on, you prolly will only see the Supra on the streets on the weekends and at events. Gas prices are rising too!!! 10mpg doesnt sound to fun to me!!!!

mogallo
04-25-2005, 12:55 PM
Come talk to me about shit being expensive and you will suddenly feel MUCH better about your situation. ;)

Hahah my PM box is still empty.

LaurenK
04-25-2005, 01:23 PM
Show and have a decently fast car..."both". There wasn't an option for that...

nooneimportant
04-25-2005, 01:49 PM
I would say whats the point in haing a car that looks like the shit but won't go ne where or u are to afraid to drive it down the highway cause u don't want to scratch it. I would much rather go fast in a clean car than. then have a bad ass looking car that won't go for shit or u are to afraid to drive it. My car is clean but not show material. But it is a 14 sec NA car. Thats all for now.

Silvernbluepearl
04-25-2005, 01:54 PM
We all my car is a show car but its pretty fast for what it is and what it weighs. Just need to get it dynoed which should be this week and it will be all i need.

©hris
04-25-2005, 05:38 PM
^^^^ Jeff, i got ur daddy ;) j/k ...... maybe one day... which reminds me, ran into jason at Kroger and he said ur not showing this year?

Buford®
04-25-2005, 10:20 PM
I'd like to have a car that's both. But that'll be a while. I'm going to start working on the show part, first. The car already has enough power to get me into trouble, and to get me out of it, also.

Boosted S60R
04-25-2005, 10:37 PM
How about all show and all go.

ct9a gsr
04-26-2005, 12:14 AM
All go w/ stock show > All show w/ stock go
Some go w/ stock show > All show w/ stock go
14 sec go w/ stock show > All show w/ stock go

Paying $20 to race all day/night > Paying $20 to park in a lot all day/night
Look on ppl's faces who underestimate you > Look on ppl's faces who overestimate you
Dyno #'s & Track Times > Decibel #'s & Brightness of lights/paint/stickers/etc.
Functional tie/strut bars > Non-functional hood/door/trunk mods
3" exhaust for increased air flow > 3" exhaust for increased sound
Heat-wrap / jet-coating > chrome
Light-weight wheels > Heavy-weight wheels
Aerodynamics to your advantage > Aerodynamics to your disadvantage
Fireballs from the exhaust > Fireballs on the paint job or stickers
Being labeled a "sleeper" > Being labeled a "ricer"

Buford®
04-26-2005, 12:27 AM
Nicely put, Charles.

ct9a gsr
04-26-2005, 06:48 PM
=]

josh nixon
04-26-2005, 07:25 PM
Nope, The gray/blk VW is for sale as of May 1st, and We'll keep the red one as the wifes car. I want the same car I have wanted since 1987 when I first rode in one, so I am gonna get my red neck mullet mobile. (I could have bought about 10 by now...I am not so smart)
I am sure Tims car is fast if its tuned, theres no way it cant be, like Jamels, it had a bad dyno day a while back (127 whp untuned?!) , but tuned it should be a monster too.
Hopefully Tims leaving ECI was in good terms, and everyone is still cool?! This local scene is always on the edge of drama, and I dont see any of you doin all that. Continued success at HIN, I will probably see yo there (Wasting my $$ w/ entry)

yeah, we are all still very cool, no hard feelings whatsoever, he'll be back soon....he cant stay away too long.

Dragonfly5338
04-26-2005, 07:49 PM
definitely all go. but i don't want my car to look like butt, either. :goodjob: tasteful wheels, lip kits, stereo, non-doodoo dropped lowering etc is good in my book.

i'd hate to never drive my car for fear of cracking stuff, scraping wheels, etc.

JustinSane110™
04-26-2005, 08:01 PM
I'm not just going to settle for less when it comes to my Supra. When it comes time to do the body work, im going to do it right, and be different than most. Thats the key when it comes to cosmetics i think.... you have to be unique. you have to have something that the other guy doesnt have.

LMAO "ABFLUB" :D
But by now the TRD kit isn't even "different than most" anymore, you see that all the time. If I do stick to my original plan and go with a MKIV I'll definitely be getting a custom widebody built cuz I was looking to do the TRD. Even though the ABFLUG kit is nice, I'd rather go with something that is for sure one of a kind.

That is if I dont switch up and get a 04 Cobra and twin turbo it, or a 05 C6 Vette and probably TT that too. :D

mogallo
04-26-2005, 09:40 PM
But by now the TRD kit isn't even "different than most" anymore, you see that all the time. If I do stick to my original plan and go with a MKIV I'll definitely be getting a custom widebody built cuz I was looking to do the TRD. Even though the ABFLUG kit is nice, I'd rather go with something that is for sure one of a kind.

That is if I dont switch up and get a 04 Cobra and twin turbo it, or a 05 C6 Vette and probably TT that too. :D

I was just using the TRD as an example.

It sounds like you have some big plans for the future!!! Good luck to you in whatever you decide. All three will be fast cars no matter how ya look at it!!!

(Supra is the sexiest though) :D

JustinSane110™
04-26-2005, 10:15 PM
I was just using the TRD as an example.

It sounds like you have some big plans for the future!!! Good luck to you in whatever you decide. All three will be fast cars no matter how ya look at it!!!

(Supra is the sexiest though) :D
Oh ok, I was wondering about that haha.

Whatever I get we'll have to get together and run when I get it all done. :D